Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Indeed! No SMS for those few months was just awwwful and embarrassing.
    OMG I blocked that out of my mind Hahaha I remember that now.. Thatnks for the memories
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    The 700wx has a lot of issues. The 800w is better in the following areas:

Wifi
    GPS
    WM 6.1
    Bluetooth 2.0
    Screen
    Size
    Weight

The only beef you could have is that the 800w should have been the 700wx (i.e. released a year and half ago.)
    True enough.. well it should have been out at least 8 months ago. Thats why I jumped ship
    I guess I was hoping that they would slim down the device by taking advantage of technological advances rather than just chopping the battery in half. I have to admit, I'm no hardware genius, but I've seen laptop computers get smaller and thinner over the years based on these advances. I guess I assumed the same would hold true for the Treo. I may be way off base.
  4.    #124  
    Your not off base and not the only one who has expressed Palms lack of design. If this device came out 6 months or even a year later it would be fine. Two plus years and got a glorified Centro with Windows. Just not good enough. There is no way this device will save Palm. Their days are numbered. Unless they can totally shock us with a stout WOW device. Just don't see that coming from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Your not off base and not the only one who has expressed Palms lack of design. If this device came out 6 months or even a year later it would be fine. Two plus years and got a glorified Centro with Windows. Just not good enough. There is no way this device will save Palm. Their days are numbered. Unless they can totally shock us with a stout WOW device. Just don't see that coming from them.
    Frankly speaking, the Treo 800w hardware features just on par with other devices. If talk about the front Qwerty WM6.1 professional, it only has two models at the market, i.e. Samsung i780 and Treo 800w.

Since the OS is using WM6, manufacturers (not only Palm) do not have much things can do except some minor customization. For example, no WM touch screen device is able to compete with BB in term of battery life but this is the problem of the OS. Maybe BB is not multi-tasking (I don't know).

I hope that the new NOVA device will be a WOW device as Palm claimed that the OS is being developed from the ground and they have the freedom to do whatever they want.

Whether Treo will save Palm, I don't know. Time will tell. From my observation of corporate users, most of them are using the built-in software. Their priority is mainly for emails, calendars and contacts. It is unlike a lot of power users in this forum.
    There is nothing better than the Palm Treo series.... that is why you are still here posting. If you had something better you would be using it and not considering the 800.

Seriously, I don't think it matters if they "shock us" or not. Who cares??? Palm has went down the hill over the last couple of years and everyone knows it. I'm not sure people care anymore. Seems we are all waiting on some device we can switch.

Unfortunately, for many of us, palm treo (hardware/software combo) works great. Nothing is better (or worth switching to right now).

Nova? Palm better hope android sucks (which it might). Palm also better hope nova is ALL of that (which I doubt). All good, all I want is for them to stabilize the 800w so I can use for 1.5 to 2 years... by the time I need a new device, something will be out there.... even if the new BlackBerry Thunder I keep hearing about....
    Last edited by theog; 07/13/2008 at 08:27 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  7.    #127  
    Actually my Mogul has all the same features as the 800w and has had for sometime. I wanted the 800 due to extended memory and front style keyboard. I have a Q9C, Treo and Mogul in front of me. They are all great in their own way. If the Mogul had the Tilt memory I would not consider moving away from it. The Q9C has zero memory issues, has the best keyboard but lacks in touchscreen. Then comes the Treo. Its kinda the middle of the road device. Most of us have GPS, WiFi, 2mp camera, BT and all that already. However I am a Palm fan and want my Treo to be perfect. Again I go back to the time frame. The little things is all I ask. Bright screen, good battery life, apps that work, a real stylus not a spaghetti noodle and some sort of good looks. Oh well, it is what is.
    Actually my Mogul has all the same features as the 800w and has had for sometime. I wanted the 800 due to extended memory and front style keyboard. I have a Q9C, Treo and Mogul in front of me. They are all great in their own way. If the Mogul had the Tilt memory I would not consider moving away from it. The Q9C has zero memory issues, has the best keyboard but lacks in touchscreen. Then comes the Treo. Its kinda the middle of the road device. Most of us have GPS, WiFi, 2mp camera, BT and all that already. However I am a Palm fan and want my Treo to be perfect. Again I go back to the time frame. The little things is all I ask. Bright screen, good battery life, apps that work, a real stylus not a spaghetti noodle and some sort of good looks. Oh well, it is what is.
    I take any opportunity that I can to bash the Mogul b/c I have it. Great specs do not a great phone make. The mogul, any way you put it, is slow. I want to say inherently slow, actually. It's horrible and I am going to get rid of it. My mission is to acquire my Treo 800w and then move the mogul to anyone who'll take it off my hands. I like HTC for innovation, and I hate Palm for never innovating, but I think I'm going to go with whatever works the best. If HTC would come out with a CDMA treo-like device that had enough memory, enough processor speed, etc, I might get it. But for now Palm still has the Treo thing down perfectly.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Come on folks, don't feed the trolls.

It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
  10.    #130  
    I agree. The Mogul though having a great feature list is really all it has. The lack of memory does prohibit the device. I do maintenance daily which keeps it pretty snappy. Its no speed demon. The Tilt on ATT is snappy and stable. I will give the Treo a chance this week.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567