Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Correction... you're dumb or you're stupid.. It's ok, 3rd grade was tough for lots of people.

This can help

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    1. Thank You Doctor.

2. I appreciate this session and the fact you wrote all that for me is very generous.

3. Your right my car is "compensating" for so much more than you think. I am insecure about everything. Sometimes, I just stare at the car and say "Should I be rude to the Palm rep today?" I never did get an answer.

4. The sharpest tool in the shed bit has been used a few times. You got anything better? How about, Your dumb or your stupid. Maybe those might be a little more creative.

5. Thanks for contributing to the most pointless thread ever! I will sleep better tonight knowing you helped me.
  2.    #62  
    This is it? Your correcting my spelling? Thank God the good Doctor has corrected me.
    Grammar, not spelling.. aaahh forget it, this is too easy. I'll let you have the last word, go ahead, make it spectacular.

This is it? Your correcting my spelling? Thank God the good Doctor has corrected me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ouchrislitt View Post
    Wow, while he didn't have any great answers, didn't you think you were just a little bit rude? The phone is out on its soft launch right now. That conversation looks more like you wanted to vent than get answers. Hopefully, as the full release hits, there will be answers about issues people are having with the device. (I hope so, because I've got one on the way!)
    Good post. No need to be rude......I thought the Palm support person handled the situation rather professionally.
  5.    #65  
    C'mon. That's it? So not fun. I need more advice Doc. It all started in 2005 when Palm finally came out with a killer device.
    The overwhelming majority of users will never install third-party apps or only those that have been tested to work and come via Palm or MS newsletter recommendations.

Once Nyditot updates their app this thread will look even more silly.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    Good post. No need to be rude......I thought the Palm support person handled the situation rather professionally.
    I thought the guy was great. He's cool. After the chat session there is survey. I gave him excellent remarks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo View Post
    Okay I have read enough. This guy is lost. Contact the developer of the apps that don't work buddy.

It's obvious you have never been an early adopter before.

Is this guy on the list to be banned from here yet? If not, I will be the first to nominate him.

Did we ban Slinky?? ( I believe he was banned) Everyone has a right to express their feelings?

A Big thanks to the guys who have answered a lot of our questions and have shared pictures and feelings on this new phone. Hopefully the developers can come out with fixes quickly. It can't be as a sorry a situation as the 700P was!

Yes we early adopters always run into problems, most of the time we blame Palm.

My 3 phones are in Midland, TX (UPS has no pickup hours at the warehouse on weekends). So I will have to wait until till Monday PM when the UPS truck arrives at the hospital. (unless I can track him down sooner). Sprint has an agreement with UPS that they must attempt the first delivery before we can intercept it.
    Last edited by Gas Man; 07/12/2008 at 02:13 PM. Reason: change terms
    I just realized that this thread is similar to a realty TV show.

I read the first post and could not stop.

Now I have read the whole thread and I feel like I need therapy.

You know what is worse?

I will most likely log on tomorrow for another episode.

You have to give this guy props for one thing, he has no folded after the initial backlash.

Regards
    graylion
    The easiest thing for you guys who are actually correct and making sense to do would be just to ignore him or stop replying. It's obvious he's not changing his stance/opinion/theory/whatever about what happened or what's going on, so why bother? Let him be mad and frustrated in the thread all by himself.

Seriously, think about it. If no one had replied to his thread, or if people stopped replying, what would he have done? Probably stop replying too. I don't see any real reason for people to continue replying, especially since this is just a random thread of little importance or value. Move along folks, move along.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Joe (Sat Jul 12 11:51:31 EDT 2008)>Ok. I'm going back to HTC until things are fixed. The biggest problem is the 320X320 screen. There is not support for this.
    I bought a Mogul the day it was released. It didn't work as well (relative to contemporary devices) as the 800w does at release. Memory leaks abound. I couldn't have more than 10MB program memory free to save my life, and it didn't have threaded SMS. Can you imagine not having threaded SMS?

There are always downsides to getting one of the first units.
    It's called sarcasim. You think that guy cares? Sitting at his computer on a Saturday playing solitaire. He hasn't had anyting to do since the 700 series release in 2005. I doubt he is losing sleep tonight over what I wrote. I think he's going to make it, he'll be fine. Yes, the point is Palm vs. HTC. Actually, there is no competition so your probably correct.
    You are a complete chump. How about I come to your work, **** all over you, and then berate you? Oh, that's right, you don't have a job, other than posting drivel to TC.

I'm hardly a Palm defender, but you really don't get it. The management is who you make things known to (of the right company, not the carrier), not some guy trying to do his job.
    You want me banned for stating my opinion. Good lord, get off your Palm high horse. The point is the phone is crap, most know it but to afraid to offend the serious minded treocentral users. There are threads about it around the net. It a Centro with Windows. Same ol' Palm.
    The phone is not "crap"; it's better than most smartphones out there. You could quibble on the price, about the 320x320 app issue, but quite frankly, what more do you want that this does not have? (Other than being on GSM/HSDPA).
    Sure. It's raining and I'm bored.
    If you're bored, please tase yourself, bro.
    Last edited by mikec; 07/12/2008 at 11:29 PM.
    Your right, doesn't look like Centro at all. Sorry don't want to offend you.

Geez, you guys are really Palm fanboys. I still have mine. Probably going back soon. You guys are no fun.
    It might look like a Centro, but it is completely different in functionality.
    I think there are plenty of people here that think Palm has pooched things over the past several years (myself included), but that does not mean we buy into the "hater RFD" that you are conjuring.
    "Dont tase me bro!!!" ... Please "DOnt Tase Me BRO"
    How can I be a smart *** after this post?

Anyway, I do have a Centro in my possesion (selling it for my neighbor, he bought the Instink). As mentioned I'm a big Palm fan myself. I remember the day I unboxed my Treo 700wx. It was a real solid device. Also mentioned as Palm waited and waited to release a new device I became bored with the 700 and moved on. I was hoping this device would bring me back to that day. It did not.
    Well, the Centro is far from the best device on the market, but the 700wx being "solid"? Hardly. Defective bluetooth, defective call handling; it's was the best WM Treo out there, but the bar was pretty low. I had to dump the 700wx because it couldn't cut it as a phone (PDA functions were fine.)
    Damn right I am expecting Palm to be in charge of making sure that 3rd party software works. Sorry if I cannot get by with just Palm apps. Surely never had an issue with any other Palm device before. I'm fine with fixing bugs. My beef is the delay between these devices. With the long delay this stuff should have been worked out in my opinion. If you guys can deal with it then that's great. I guess I expected a lot more from Palm. Don't want to bleed, want everything to work out of the box. Sorry, this device was expensive. Believe it's Sprint's most expensive device right now ($599). Should be better than this.

Mal, the 6700 was probably the worst device ever produced. I believe Audiovox/UTStarr made it? I had that thing for 3 days and that was all I could handle. The 6800 is not even close (thank God).
    Well, despite the ranting, you have two legit points:

1.) Palm take forever to release new devices.
    2.) At $600, it should be better (it's about $400 overpriced)
    1. Thank You Doctor.

2. I appreciate this session and the fact you wrote all that for me is very generous.

3. Your right my car is "compensating" for so much more than you think. I am insecure about everything. Sometimes, I just stare at the car and say "Should I be rude to the Palm rep today?" I never did get an answer.

4. The sharpest tool in the shed bit has been used a few times. You got anything better? How about, Your dumb or your stupid. Maybe those might be a little more creative.

5. Thanks for contributing to the most pointless thread ever! I will sleep better tonight knowing you helped me.
    That would be "you're dumb", not "your dumb". But then again, uneducated people tend to be rude.
    Not correcting spelling, just your literacy.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast