Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Okay I have made myself laugh enough today (I have the talent of laughing at things that aren't funny to others). I am off to work. This thread has been all fixed up now. You guys enjoy your day.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Your right, doesn't look like Centro at all. Sorry don't want to offend you.

Geez, you guys are really Palm fanboys. I still have mine. Probably going back soon. You guys are no fun.
    I've owned one Smart Device and it is a Palm Treo 700wx and I've not found another I like thus far (800wx not included as I've not played with one yet). I wouldn't say I'm a fanboy of anything but I do like my 700wx and I'm looking forward to taking a look at an 800w if I can ever afford one.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I agree , this is not sprint or palms problem and this post should be corrected as its just a rant . I dont see any of these problems as huge and its not sprints fault. You ofcourse have every right to vent but this thread is misleading and your venting at the incorret party. I think the 800W isfabulous so far.

Geez, you guys are really Palm fanboys. I still have mine. Probably going back soon. You guys are no fun.
    I didn't mean not really as in doesn't look like the Centro. I meant not really as in I don't really want you banned. I wish it were the Centro. Besides OS the Centro is the best phone that is out right now IMO. This thing is wider and THICKER, but I still want it because WM6.1 and built-in GPS. I am a Palm fanboy by the way so if you meant that as an insult none taken. I have owned only Palm phones since the Treo 300. I still haven't called you any names yet either. You enjoy whatever phone you decide makes you cozy okay.
    A) I am not a Palm fanboy. There are about 20 things I can EASILY name they screwed up.

B) I didn't think you really wanted him banned, but I wanted to avoid a "BAN HIM" thread situation.

C) Each person has their own opinion, we are being just as vocal in response to your post as you were in your original. Also, you are at a FAN site of Palm devices, so consider your audience if you will. Your gripes might be better situated at ppcgeeks.com (or engadget, or gizmodo or Boygenius) who have the same loathing for Palm as you do.

D) Lists are awesome!
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo View Post
    I didn't mean not really as in doesn't look like the Centro. I meant not really as in I don't really want you banned. I wish it were the Centro. Besides OS the Centro is the best phone that is out right now IMO. This thing is wider and THICKER, but I still want it because WM6.1 and built-in GPS. I am a Palm fanboy by the way so if you meant that as an insult none taken. I have owned only Palm phones since the Treo 300. I still haven't called you any names yet either. You enjoy whatever phone you decide makes you cozy okay.
    How can I be a smart *** after this post?

Anyway, I do have a Centro in my possesion (selling it for my neighbor, he bought the Instink). As mentioned I'm a big Palm fan myself. I remember the day I unboxed my Treo 700wx. It was a real solid device. Also mentioned as Palm waited and waited to release a new device I became bored with the 700 and moved on. I was hoping this device would bring me back to that day. It did not.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    You want me banned for stating my opinion. Good lord, get off your Palm high horse. The point is the phone is crap, most know it but to afraid to offend the serious minded treocentral users. There are threads about it around the net. It a Centro with Windows. Same ol' Palm.
    You make very little sense, and understand even less.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    You make very little sense, and understand even less.
    Thanks. I work hard at it.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Thanks.
    No problem.
    He didn't have any good answers... but you didn't have any good questions either. You were assulting a Customer Service person who has nothing to do with anything.

The fact of the matter is, this is just like a PC and Windows... You are paying a price when you want to be bleeding edge on any technology. YOu bought a piece of hardware and are expecting PALM to be in charge of making sure that they somehow work with every 3rd party software and anything else.

All you can really ask for is to have a phone that has a solid hardware base to it. I think it's good for people to know what is not currently working on the phone now, but that doesn't mean that these thigns WON'T work 2 months from now... you want tp be bleeding edge, expect to bleed a bit, that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Hey now... no need to attack HTC just because one guy got ticked about palm's shortcomings. Cant we all just get along? Besides I dont think HTC flat out copied iPhone. They added their own innovation such as HTC Home, Touchflo Cube etc. No phone is perfect except the Jesus phone, may we bow our heads...

I have no doubt the 320x320 will be corrected within 6 months by all teh developers and all will be peachy.
    hehe

I like HTC, I just think they get a little bit of an easy ride in the press, that's all. And like every company, they have their faults too and are far from perfect.

But in the end, they've done a ton to help WM5/6 go mainstream and deserve credit for being so prolific. I just don't think all their devices are totally amazing or innovative (the Mogul was really a paltry "update" to the 6700--it was the least the could have done and still call it an update)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I just question why the chat session was posted at all. It didn't prove anything, except how rude a person could be at a customer service rep. I'm certain that, even if there are issues that extend beyond the fact that the resolution is different, Palm wouldn't have a patch out prior even to the official release.

It seems fairly common these days that folks mistake rudeness for genuine advocacy.
  13.    #53  
    Damn right I am expecting Palm to be in charge of making sure that 3rd party software works. Sorry if I cannot get by with just Palm apps. Surely never had an issue with any other Palm device before. I'm fine with fixing bugs. My beef is the delay between these devices. With the long delay this stuff should have been worked out in my opinion. If you guys can deal with it then that's great. I guess I expected a lot more from Palm. Don't want to bleed, want everything to work out of the box. Sorry, this device was expensive. Believe it's Sprint's most expensive device right now ($599). Should be better than this.

Mal, the 6700 was probably the worst device ever produced. I believe Audiovox/UTStarr made it? I had that thing for 3 days and that was all I could handle. The 6800 is not even close (thank God).
    Joe:

I haven't been edumucated in psychology enough, but i still do believe I can help you after reading your posts:

1/2 Rudeness towards the innocent Palm employee is called "projecting" and your red car demonstrates "compensating" for a major insecurity (perhaps more appropriately called a tiny insecurity).

3 Being pissed about a phone company not addressing issues with a phone before it even comes out is called "not the sharpest tool in the toolbox" though please note it still means you're at least a tool.

4 The fact you expect all your needs to be addressed, and then threaten Palm by telling them you'll switch to an HTC phone, even before the official release date of the 800w, is called being "narcissistic."

I apologize for not having the solutions to your issues.. but at least you got a free diagnosis!

And of course I'm a Palm fanboy... I'm on the wmexperts forum, Palm 800w section! But you don't need to be a fanboy or a psychologist to realize this has been the weirdest, most pointless thread ever.

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    This board has an ignore list function (the lower of the two fields on the following page):

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pr...hp?do=editlist

Being rude to customer service reps, particularly ones that have no bearing on your issues, is childish and ineffective. I occasionally have to do "customer service", and yes, I take it personally when people are a**holes. It sucks.
    The 6700 was indeed a HTC device.

It was rebranded by UTStarcomm because they paid HTC to make it.

Then HTC finally said, lets start our own branding... but don't think for a minute that the 6700 was not an HTC product.
    Mal, the 6700 was probably the worst device ever produced. I believe Audiovox/UTStarr made it? I had that thing for 3 days and that was all I could handle. The 6800 is not even close (thank God).
    It was an HTC device. audiovox/UT Star were just the U.S. companies who rebranded it and serviced them. Officially it was the HTC Apache.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by 800w4me View Post
    Joe:

I haven't been edumucated in psychology enough, but i still do believe I can help you after reading your posts:

1/2 Rudeness towards the innocent Palm employee is called "projecting" and your red car demonstrates "compensating" for a major insecurity (perhaps more appropriately called a tiny insecurity).

3 Being pissed about a phone company not addressing issues with a phone before it even comes out is called "not the sharpest tool in the toolbox" though please note it still means you're at least a tool.

4 The fact you expect all your needs to be addressed, and then threaten Palm by telling them you'll switch to an HTC phone, even before the official release date of the 800w, is called being "narcissistic."

I apologize for not having the solutions to your issues.. but at least you got a free diagnosis!

And of course I'm a Palm fanboy... I'm on the wmexperts forum, Palm 800w section! But you don't need to be a fanboy or a psychologist to realize this has been the weirdest, most pointless thread ever.
    Funny post sir.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by 800w4me View Post
    Joe:

1. Thank You Doctor.

2. I appreciate this session and the fact you wrote all that for me is very generous.

3. Your right my car is "compensating" for so much more than you think. I am insecure about everything. Sometimes, I just stare at the car and say "Should I be rude to the Palm rep today?" I never did get an answer.

4. The sharpest tool in the shed bit has been used a few times. You got anything better? How about, Your dumb or your stupid. Maybe those might be a little more creative.

5. Thanks for contributing to the most pointless thread ever! I will sleep better tonight knowing you helped me.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It was an HTC device. audiovox/UT Star were just the U.S. companies who rebranded it and serviced them. Officially it was the HTC Apache.
    You are correct sir! Wow, that device sucked balls.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast