Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Some of you have complained about the way Palm changed the SoftKey on the left to txt messaging... here's a quick rundown of how to change it.

Method 1 - Preferred Method

Use the SoftKey Applet 1.4

Click below to download... just install and soft reset. You will find a new shortcut under settings. Pretty easy

Download

Rapidshare Mirror

Credits to dotfred for all of your awesome work, including this!

Method 2

Edit the Registry

Code:
    To change the application launched by the Today screen Left soft key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112\Open = "\Windows\Calendar.exe" (REG_SZ string, including quotes)

To change the title of the Left soft key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112\(Default) = "Calendar" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

To change the application launched by the Today screen Right soft key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\113\Open = "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Contacts.lnk" (REG_SZ string, including quotes)

To change the title of the Right soft key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\113\(Default) = "Contacts" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)
    Taken from the XDA-Developers Wiki

Common things to link to

CommManager:
    \Windows\CommManager.exe

Internet Explorer:
    \Windows\iexplore.exe

Messaging:
    \Windows\tmail.exe

Office Word:
    \Windows\pword.exe

Office Excel:
    \Windows\pxl.exe

Voice Command:
    \Windows\voicecmd.exe

Windows Calendar:
    \Windows\calendar.exe

Windows Media Player Mobile:
    \Windows\wmplayer.exe

Windows Notes:
    \Windows\notes.exe

And of course, your installed applications, such as:

Google Maps:
    \Program Files\GoogleMaps\GoogleMaps.exe

iContact:
    \Program Files\iContact\icontact.exe

PocketCM:
    \Program Files\PocketCM\PocketCM.exe

S2U2 Settings:
    \Program Files\s2u2\s2u2 Settings.exe

S2P:
    \Program Files\S2P\s2p.exe

Viigo:
    \Program Files\Viigo\Viigo.exe

And the other countless thousands!

I'm done for now!

Last edited by LLC23; 07/12/2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Added common things to link and awesome ending
    LongLivePalm
    I don't have any of those registry keys on my 800w. Am I supposed to add those or are they supposed to be there?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    I don't have any of those registry keys on my 800w. Am I supposed to add those or are they supposed to be there?
    I believe that you have to add them. On the 700, i had to add the 112 key myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    I believe that you have to add them. On the 700, i had to add the 112 key myself.
    Ok, don't have a problem with that. Do you know if I do it using the registry will that add it to the pop up menu like shown below or will it completely replace the messaging app? I used SoftkeyApplet to add BubbleBreaker and thats what happens.
    what is the default string for palms "menu"? I am editing the softkeys in SecondToday and what the right key to mimic this "Menu" funcionality, but when I open the string it is blank.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Some of you have complained about the way Palm changed the SoftKey on the left to txt messaging... here's a quick rundown of how to change it.
    I use Wisbar Advance 2.
    This doesn't work on the 800w. I've been screwing around with this for months. The registry method only works on the older WM Treos.

As far as software that does it they ALL will add a MENU to the "messaging" button.

Only decent solution is AEButton+
    You can assign single-button press for something and a double-press for lets say the default "messaging."

However, be aware that by using that the phone must recognize how many presses you're going to do (1 or 2) so there will always be a delay when you press the button once b/c it is "waiting" for a second press.
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)