Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I use the builtin Calendar program on WM6.

I enter my work schedule into my phone each week as title "Work", "starts: 8a", and "ends: 4p", etc. My days/times change each week.

Is there an alarm program that will read the calendar entries, and could be programmed to set off an alarm, say, 1.5 hours from the "starts" time? So if I have an entry on the Calendar called 'Work' and "starts: 1p" it would set off an alarm to wake me up at 11:30a?

Does something like this exist? I'd be willing to use a third party program to replace the builtin Calendar if it has a Today plugin and if it can be programmed to set off an alarm 1.5 hours (or XXX time) before I'm supposed to be at work It could do Calendar and alarms together.

Right now, I'm manually entering in my schedule, and then going in each day and changing the alarm to 1.5 hours before I have to be at work. Unfortunately, sometimes I forget to do this :/ Looking to have it automated!

Any help tracking down this program would be a godsend! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedis View Post
    I use the builtin Calendar program on WM6.

I enter my work schedule into my phone each week as title "Work", "starts: 8a", and "ends: 4p", etc. My days/times change each week.

Is there an alarm program that will read the calendar entries, and could be programmed to set off an alarm, say, 1.5 hours from the "starts" time? So if I have an entry on the Calendar called 'Work' and "starts: 1p" it would set off an alarm to wake me up at 11:30a?

Does something like this exist? I'd be willing to use a third party program to replace the builtin Calendar if it has a Today plugin and if it can be programmed to set off an alarm 1.5 hours (or XXX time) before I'm supposed to be at work It could do Calendar and alarms together.

Right now, I'm manually entering in my schedule, and then going in each day and changing the alarm to 1.5 hours before I have to be at work. Unfortunately, sometimes I forget to do this :/ Looking to have it automated!

Any help tracking down this program would be a godsend! Thanks!
    You can do this with the built in software. You just have to set a reminder for the event.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hmm, didn't think of using the Reminder feature as an alarm...

But, it seems you have to set it up each time, for each entry on the calendar?
    Hmm, didn't think of using the Reminder feature as an alarm...

But, it seems you have to set it up each time, for each entry on the calendar?
    Yes. If you set up recurring appointments, however, you can set up recurring reminders. :-)
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Good thought, but with my schedule changing weekly, that wouldn't work.

Is there another program that can do this?
    Good thought, but with my schedule changing weekly, that wouldn't work.

Is there another program that can do this?
    Not of which I'm aware. You may try searching freewareppc.com and other like sights to see if you can find something free or handango and other such sites if you can't find something free.

I'm curious, though... If you're setting up the schedule for every day what's the problem with setting the reminder? It is in the same screen you have to use to set the appointment...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    It's not a problem, just one more thing I have to remember to do It also wants to use the same settings for all reminders... meaning, something loud and continuous to wake me wouldn't necessarily be a good idea as a reminder to go to the doctors.
    It's not a problem, just one more thing I have to remember to do It also wants to use the same settings for all reminders... meaning, something loud and continuous to wake me wouldn't necessarily be a good idea as a reminder to go to the doctors.
    Ah... I understand.... I was just curious, ;-)
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

You can set that by default any new appointment will have a reminder.....