Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Alright, here is what I want to do.

I have 4-5 business emails, already hosted by my buddies hosting company, and I have one email hosted through my ISP(i.e. tampabay.rr.com)

What I would like to do is have these emails sent to my device. I think a hosted Exchange solution would be what I need. But when I signed up with Sherweb, it appears as if they want me to switch my domain over to them.

To make it simple, what functionality I would like would be something akin to HotSync's OTA sync feature, where I sync directly with my Outlook on my desktop. This way I don't have to mess with MX settings and the like.

Maybe some of you folks could help me out where Exchange would download say my tampabay.rr.com email and push it to my 800w?

Any ideas?
    You would have to forward it to an exchange account that would push to poutlook.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post

I have 4-5 business emails, already hosted by my buddies hosting company, and I have one email hosted through my ISP(i.e. tampabay.rr.com)

What I would like to do is have these emails sent to my device. I think a hosted Exchange solution would be what I need. But when I signed up with Sherweb, it appears as if they want me to switch my domain over to them.

To make it simple, what functionality I would like would be something akin to HotSync's OTA sync feature, where I sync directly with my Outlook on my desktop. This way I don't have to mess with MX settings and the like.

Maybe some of you folks could help me out where Exchange would download say my tampabay.rr.com email and push it to my 800w?

Any ideas?
    Set up an Exchange account and forward any mail you want to your exchange account to have it pushed. Alternatively, some hosted Exchange places have aggregation services. Mail2Web provides a free aggregator that will go and pick up mail from any number of accounts once an hour.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    You would have to forward it to an exchange account that would push to poutlook.
    So, basically, forward it from server side to exchange? Would the email address be 'unique', and the response would be sent from the recipient email?
    So, basically, forward it from server side to exchange? Would the email address be 'unique', and the response would be sent from the recipient email?
    Yes.

However, again I point to Mail2Web. If you pay their monthly fee you can set your send from to a familiar email address. That's what I'm doing and it works wonderfully.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Yes.

However, again I point to Mail2Web. If you pay their monthly fee you can set your send from to a familiar email address. That's what I'm doing and it works wonderfully.
    Would the emails be sent in such a fashion on the same exchange:

email sent to xxxx.com, mail is forwarded to Exchange, mail is sent to Treo. I answer email, sent to exchange, sent from xxxx.com.

I need to do this with 4 addys in one domain, and one addy from another domain. Is this possible?

Thanks very much for help to you all.

email sent to xxxx.com, mail is forwarded to Exchange, mail is sent to Treo. I answer email, sent to exchange, sent from xxxx.com.

I need to do this with 4 addys in one domain, and one addy from another domain. Is this possible?

To my knowledge you can only send from one domain. That's all I've ever seen. I've not researched it, though, as I've not had a need so I won't say it's impossible.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

You need a blackberry with BIS for that. I cant think of anything else that will let you associate multiple spoof "sent from" addresses.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    You need a blackberry with BIS for that. I cant think of anything else that will let you associate multiple spoof "sent from" addresses.

-Rob
    That is what I was afraid of. Somebody would make a killing if they could design software to basically allow us to ActiveSync with desktop via the internet.
    That is what I was afraid of. Somebody would make a killing if they could design software to basically allow us to ActiveSync with desktop via the internet.
    I've heard of an app that would do it but I do not remember the name... You may want to search around a bit. However, I don't know if it would let you send from multiple addresses either way.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I've heard of an app that would do it but I do not remember the name... You may want to search around a bit. However, I don't know if it would let you send from multiple addresses either way.
    Thanks. I would not know what to search for though to find it.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Question, Why do you need active sync for all of them? Why not use that for one (primary account with calendar, addressbook & tasks) to poutlook and just add email accounts on the handheld for each of the others. Regardless of domain association, all could receive and send mail with the right identifying info showing. Not a problem if you can share address book and PIM data. Forgive me if I've misunderstood your objective; but, what I've described is very easy, quick and cheap. hth
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
    Quote Originally Posted by 1PTUser View Post
    Question, Why do you need active sync for all of them? Why not use that for one (primary account with calendar, addressbook & tasks) to poutlook and just add email accounts on the handheld for each of the others. Regardless of domain association, all could receive and send mail with the right identifying info showing. Not a problem if you can share address book and PIM data. Forgive me if I've misunderstood your objective; but, what I've described is very easy, quick and cheap. hth
    This is true... You just won't get 'push' on the other accounts.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

This was exactly the reason I didn't sign up for Sherweb. Instead, I went with itsolutionsnow.com and am so happy with their service (didn't have to switch my domain over). They're only $9.99/month for an unlimited size hosted exchange account (includes a free copy of Outlook 2007) and they have free 24/7 phone and email support. Extremely helpful whenever I have a question and I've never experienced any downtime with them in the year I've been with them.

You simply setup your RR account to forward to your hosted Exchange account, tell ITSN what you want your email address to be/say when sending email (username@tampabay.rr.com for example) and that's it. Highly recommend you give them a look!
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    Situation like the OP question makes me long for a ChatterEmail-like solution on WM. Imap IDLE push, multiple reply-to addresses etc *sigh*. There is no software like that in the WM world.
    If you only want to sync email, best case would be an imap client solution, of which the best known is flexmail, but it ain't Chatter.
    If you also want to sync contact, tasks, calendar etc, then you need Exchange account.
    Also be aware that Pocket Outlook do not give notification on new email arriving straight to inbox subfolder. I don't use flexmail so I don't know if it does notify a new email arriving in a subfolder.
    Well, the other solution I just thought of is the Sprint Mobile Email Client. This is a quasi push solution that works with up to 3 accounts. My wife uses it for aol on her 755 and it has been solid for a few months.

It uses a backdoor SMS to initiailize a pull on the client/device side.

I couldent find a link but I know a WM version exists. It is free too.
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post
    This was exactly the reason I didn't sign up for Sherweb. Instead, I went with itsolutionsnow.com and am so happy with their service (didn't have to switch my domain over). They're only $9.99/month for an unlimited size hosted exchange account (includes a free copy of Outlook 2007) and they have free 24/7 phone and email support. Extremely helpful whenever I have a question and I've never experienced any downtime with them in the year I've been with them.

You simply setup your RR account to forward to your hosted Exchange account, tell ITSN what you want your email address to be/say when sending email (username@tampabay.rr .com for example) and that's it. Highly recommend you give them a look!
    Unfortunately I already signed up with Sherweb, wonder what the chances are of getting a refund? Probably slim to none. How many POP accounts can your solution provide?

-Rob
    Fastmail, and set up accounts for each smtp server
    Right, but then you are receviing all mail in a single box and sending out through multiple correct?
    Unfortunately I already signed up with Sherweb, wonder what the chances are of getting a refund? Probably slim to none. How many POP accounts can your solution provide?
    It only provides one Exchange account. You can forward as many accounts to it as you want though. In addition to the hosted Exchange service, you might want to pick up a program called Flexmail, which I think I remember reading will let you reply from different email addresses.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast