Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post
    This was exactly the reason I didn't sign up for Sherweb. Instead, I went with itsolutionsnow.com and am so happy with their service (didn't have to switch my domain over).
    You don't have to switch any domains with Sherweb either, nor do you have to change MX records. I don't know of any hosted exchange providers that require that...some just do a better job of explaining it in their pre-sales or technical documentation.

My wife uses Sherweb and we do mail forwarding to her hosted exchange account from her personal domain. Works great, we still own/manage the domain (registered elsewhere and hosted elsewhere).
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    You don't have to switch any domains with Sherweb either, nor do you have to change MX records. I don't know of any hosted exchange providers that require that...some just do a better job of explaining it in their pre-sales or technical documentation.

My wife uses Sherweb and we do mail forwarding to her hosted exchange account from her personal domain. Works great, we still own/manage the domain (registered elsewhere and hosted elsewhere).

Sorry, should have read the OP's statement more carefully when writing the reply of mine you quoted. When I went to sign up with Sherweb and I told them what I wanted my email address to say when sending email (I wanted to use my .edu email address, a domain which I obviously do not own), they told me that unless I owned that domain, they couldn't set it up. The company I ended up choosing (IT Solutions Now) had no such restrictions so that's why I went with them.
    Last edited by Marty1781; 07/12/2008 at 02:06 PM.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12