Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Will anyone provide positive/negative feedback about BT handsfree quality, along with devices they have tried?

Also, I am specifically looking for advice on whether or not to return my Jabra BT8040. I am not satisfied with it on my 700wx... intermittent choppiness, low volume, dropouts, etc. BUT I love having A2DP profile in a little headset and I don't know of any others that offer this. In other words, might I expect the BT8040 to be better on the 800w?

Thanks!
    While we're at it...

Can someone try JETware?

It "enables" handsfree BT with MS VoiceCommand. I don't think it worked on the 700wx, so I don't have high hopes...but why not give it a shot?
    • Activate Microsoft Voice Command 1.5 or 1.6 voice dialing over Bluetooth

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I have the Jabra JX10, paired quick, very quick. But, the sounds quiality is not as loud as it was on my 755. Also, when I place a call, the volume is low, and I have to turn the volume up on it again to max. That is irking me, I just got hot the phone, so I'm gonna give give it a few 1st..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  4. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Is it confirmed that VoiceCommand is not working through BT out of box? I have been reading the angst but don't know if we had consensus.
  5. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    I have the Jabra JX10, paired quick, very quick. But, the sounds quiality is not as loud as it was on my 755. Also, when I place a call, the volume is low, and I have to turn the volume up on it again to max. That is irking me, I just got hot the phone, so I'm gonna give give it a few 1st..
    Good feedback. Any dropouts or intermittent bad 'connections' on a call so far?
    Quote Originally Posted by dwg View Post
    Will anyone provide positive/negative feedback about BT handsfree quality, along with devices they have tried?

Also, I am specifically looking for advice on whether or not to return my Jabra BT8040. I am not satisfied with it on my 700wx... intermittent choppiness, low volume, dropouts, etc. BUT I love having A2DP profile in a little headset and I don't know of any others that offer this. In other words, might I expect the BT8040 to be better on the 800w?

Thanks!
    I'm hoping the 800w works with my Pioneer AVIC-D3 bluetooth car kit ..without Jetware.....

IGO
    Good feedback. Any dropouts or intermittent bad 'connections' on a call so far?
    No drop outs as of yet. And I noticed that when I got out of the car, I had the 800 on the left side of me and I wear my BT in my right ear. Usually with my 755, it would crackle some and I would have some static, but not with the 800. Stayed nice and clear. Also, I noticed that if your on the phone, and you send a txt you'll hear a small beep in your bt when the other person sends the reply as well. The 700p used to do that as well, well at least mine did.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    I'm hoping the 800w works with my Pioneer AVIC-D3 bluetooth car kit ..without Jetware.....

IGO
    Same here, I was about to buy the bluetooth kit for my AVIC-d3 but want it to work without having to use extra software. BTW how do yuo like the Bluetooth kit?
    Are you able to initiate the call through the headset and select a contact via voice through same or are you making calls through the handset and handing off to the headset?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by vpr611 View Post
    Same here, I was about to buy the bluetooth kit for my AVIC-d3 but want it to work without having to use extra software. BTW how do yuo like the Bluetooth kit?

Love it...I got the IPOD cable, the CD-Changer, XM subscription, as well as the Bluetooth kit. It all gave new life to my 03 Expedition....LOL

IGO
    Quote Originally Posted by lattosimbaste View Post
    Are you able to initiate the call through the headset and select a contact via voice through same or are you making calls through the handset and handing off to the headset?

Thanks!
    I'm making calls through the handset, it automatically connects to the headset.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Is it confirmed that VoiceCommand is not working through BT out of box? I have been reading the angst but don't know if we had consensus.
    Using your bluetooth headset is very easy with the 800w. my jawbone works great! i havent lost a connection since activating my 800w yesterday. Calls sound great as well.

The problem is that I am not able to initiate a call using my jawbone and voice command. I am able to get the microphone up on the screen by hitting my button on my bluetooth device but it does not respond to me when i speak. Voice command works great from the device itself, just not while talking through the headset.
    I'm making calls through the handset, it automatically connects to the headset.
    Thanks again!

Very disappointing however. Looks like I'll be holding with the 700wx 'till this gets sorted out or something else tickles my fancy...
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Results below were produced with Voice Command notification set at default and at other options. Among the bt devices I've connected so far,

Moto H700
    - Single tap or Double tapping on the earpiece button initiates voice command
    - the audio gateway to the earpiece "opens" and white noice is heard
    - the on-screen bluetooth icon becomes a headset icon
    - VC prompts are not heard
    - the microphone icon appears on-screen
    - the left softkey option changes from messaging to notification
    - voice commands do NOT execute
    - hitting the left soft key (for notification) displays a dialogue box with the following text
    Voice Command is listening. Say "Help!" for a list of options
    - A 1-second press on the earpiece button redials the last number called.

Moto H500
    - A Single tap on the earpiece button initiates voice command
    - "opens" the audio gateway and white noice is heard
    - VC prompts are not heard
    - commands will execute only when spoken into the phone's mic NOT the headset

Jabra BT3010
    - Single tap on earpiece button simply produces a "ding" in the earpiece and from the handset's external speaker
    - a 1-second press of the button initiates voice command
    - "opens" the audio gateway and white noice is heard
    - however VC prompts are not heard
    - voice commands do not execute
    - Double-tap redials last number called.

Moto H375
    - No VC response so far (real cheap headset with almost no tactile feel to headset button)
    Last edited by 1PTUser; 07/11/2008 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Voice command notification options comment added.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
    This is depressing. I surely hope this is a software bug. My faith is dwindling.
  16. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    For VoiceCommand over BT what is the behavior we are expecting on the 800 for a headset with only Hands Free profile?

Should we hear all VC messages through earpiece as well as be able to make commands through headset?

I am confused because my Jabra BT8040 supports A2DP... if I choose 'Announce notifications through device speaker or wired headset only' on my 700wx I hear all prompts... all of course I can't command though the earpiece though.
  17. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Can someone try JETware?
    I'll certainly try it when I get my new phone. Someone will probably beat me to it though.
    Just picked up a Jabra BT8040 at Best Buy, on sale now for $49.99.. , plus another $10.00 off... lol.....

So far so good, paired very quick, sound was good. Was able to listen to P-Tunes with it, and listen to a movie using TCPMP with no problems. Range is pretty good as well so far. I was able to get about 25 ft away with no static, thats a new for me with a Treo, lol.... Sound quality is good, person came in loud and clear, and they heard me very clear, again with the phone being 25 ft away as well.. I'm going to let it finish charging and well check back in later..

Nice ear piece.......

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Just picked up a Jabra BT8040 at Best Buy, on sale now for $49.99.. , plus another $10.00 off... lol.....

So far so good, paired very quick, sound was good. Was able to listen to P-Tunes with it, and listen to a movie using TCPMP with no problems. Range is pretty good as well so far. I was able to get about 25 ft away with no static, thats a new for me with a Treo, lol.... Sound quality is good, person came in loud and clear, and they heard me very clear, again with the phone being 25 ft away as well.. I'm going to let it finish charging and well check back in later..

Nice ear piece.......
    If you adjust the volume up to max was it pretty loud (& clear)? I always have issues hearing with BT headsets...
    Quote Originally Posted by tilroc View Post
    If you adjust the volume up to max was it pretty loud (& clear)? I always have issues hearing with BT headsets...
    To me, it was nice and loud and clear. As loud as my JX-10, but I just played with it for a few mins or so. After it charges up, I'll play with it some more.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast