1.    #1  
    I got nervous when I couldn't find Remote Desktop for WM6 on the device. I even looked at the help which said you just press START then PROGRAMS then Remote Desktop. But it wasn't there.

So I downloaded the CAB file and installed it. Any IT guys here or people that use remote desktop frequently? All I can say is WOW.

The new Remote Desktop client is way better than the junk they had on WM5. It's so easy to scroll through the screen with the little window at the bottom right to tell you where you are.

And with RevA speeds it flies. There is next to no wait time in drawing the screen up when I have to move from the top left of the screen to say the bottom right.
    WHere did you get the download from , a link would be terriffic.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    WHere did you get the download from , a link would be terriffic.

Got it from here.

https://www.kckenterprises.com/WM6RDP.cab

Are there any VPN experts here that connect to a Microsoft server with PPTP or IPSEC? I have a couple of config questions.
    Thank you, now I just got to find instructions somewhere to figure out how to get this to work. Again thanks!
  5.    #5  
    What are you trying to accomplish exactly? I might be able to help you.
    I have used Palm VNC to access and control my Main pc from when I am at work etc. I send myseld files, etc . WIth palm VNC you just installl the prc file on the centro and install the VNC client on the desktop. with this one Im not sure what to install on the desktop.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I have used Palm VNC to access and control my Main pc from when I am at work etc. I send myseld files, etc . WIth palm VNC you just installl the prc file on the centro and install the VNC client on the desktop. with this one Im not sure what to install on the desktop.

Ahhh I have never used Palm VNC before I am not sure. I have always used Terminal Services on WM5 to control all my windows servers at my job. I had to configure my PPTP VPN client on my Treo 700wx to connect to my work network. It worked well but it was slow.

With this Treo and RevA it seems to be much faster.
    Not sure if you guys have tried LogMeIn, but I find it much easier to use then Remote Desktop. Much easier to control and use... and it's free.
    Are you using it on a windows mobile device ?? I took a look at that and the smartphone version wasnt free (as far as I can see) actually was super expensive. , monthy fee. There was LogMeIn-Free but that was for PC to PC . Just curious as It looks like a terriffic program but too expensive,
    Logmein free works with Windows Mobile. You just navigate to logmein.com in PIE and follow the instructions. Of course you have to install logmein free on the PC that you want to control first.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I think Sprint ask Microsoft not to include the Remote Desktop again.

I download mine from xda developers and I think thats Microsoft one and it work for my Mogul ever since.
    When I try to install rdp from above link, it says that an old version Finster #896 will be uninstalled. does it mean 800w has it build in? how can one access it then?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Any ideas on this? I try access that site and it gives me all sorts of security warnings......