Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I called my local store in Chicago earlier today and asked about getting it and they said not until Saturday or Sunday. I called again around 5pm, talked to a different person, and they said come on in.

There was a short debate in the store with one clerk who tried to sell one earlier but couldn't and the guy who was doing my order. In short, he told her to stay out of it and after speaking to the store manager, I was able to get the Treo. I'm an existing customer, but I got the same $150 off and $100 rebate, so I paid $350 in store. The guy was cool and threw in another battery for me!

Here are the pics of the Treo next to my Mogul:

Last edited by lawilson2; 07/11/2008 at 11:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    So how far into you 2 year contract were you? I'm only 8 months into my 2 years so I assume I'm looking at full price, that aint gonna happen. But if I resign for 2 years I'm in.
  3.    #3  
    I was a year in my contract. The good thing is that since I'm a "loyal" customer, I can upgrade at any time and get the $150 rebate which is cool.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    I was a year in my contract. The good thing is that since I'm a "loyal" customer, I can upgrade at any time and get the $150 rebate which is cool.
    What does "loyal" mean for you? Have you been with Sprint for a long time or something?
    The good thing is that since I'm a "loyal" customer, I can upgrade at any time and get the $150 rebate
    Apparently your loyalty is worth more to Sprint than my 8 or more years of being their customer...

eCare told me I was eligible for only $75 off and they were nice enough to point me to the Web store to find a phone in my price range...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  6.    #6  
    I've been with Sprint 3 years. I did read their loyalty thing wrong on the website. You have to have the phone a year before you can get the $150 discount.

Also, I can change my plan anytime without penalties: https://manage.sprintpcs.com/Manage/...rceAction=true

By the way, the pictures are posted above.
    You have to have the phone a year before you can get the $150 discount.

Also, I can change my plan anytime without penalties:
    Yeah... I've had my phone since October of 2006 (nearly two years). I'm not eligible for the upgrade until September and that's exactly what eCare told me...

As far as plan changing goes, I've never had any problems doing that.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  8.    #8  
    They make you sign a new 2 year agreement to get the $150 which I honestly don't care about because if I'm gonna leave I'm gonna leave and I'll have to pay a fee regardless.

How are the pics? Looks nicer than my Mogul that's for sure.
    They make you sign a new 2 year agreement to get the $150 which I honestly don't care about because if I'm gonna leave I'm gonna leave and I'll have to pay a fee regardless.

Yes... I have no problem signing a new contract... That wasn't even part of the conversation...

The pics look wonderful I'm quite envious.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

So is this supposed to be true for anyone? I thought you had to be at 22 months to get $150 off...
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    22 months to get $150 off...
    If that were the case, I'd get $150 off as my contract is up Sept 1, 2008...

I think it is discretionary and I got the short end of the stick.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    If that were the case, I'd get $150 off as my contract is up Sept 1, 2008...

I think it is discretionary and I got the short end of the stick.
    I would call back...when I check my eligibility online it says 5/1/08 is my 1-year date and 3/1/09 is my 2-year eligibility for $150 off...
    I would call back...when I check my eligibility online it says 5/1/08 is my 1-year date and 3/1/09 is my 2-year eligibility for $150 off...
    I didn't call... I emailed eCare which usually garners more success at such things... I'm more annoyed than anything but I don't want to press the issue because Sprint has been very good to me and I really don't have a reason to complain. Thus, I just have to wait...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

14.    #14  
    So is this supposed to be true for anyone? I thought you had to be at 22 months to get $150 off...
    Look at the link I posted; it's right from my login screen. Here's what it says in short: (cut and paste of the basics):

Fast Forward to Your Future Phone

As a Sprint Premier customer, receive a new phone upgrade every year. Thatís almost a year earlier than the New For You(TM) Upgrade Program offer.
    After 1 year of service with the same phone
    # Get up to $150 good towards the primary handset on your account with a new 2-year Sprint subscriber agreement

# Up to $75 off a new handset with a new 1-year Sprint subscriber agreement

# No upgrade fee or shipping when you upgrade online

NOTE: Your early upgrade benefit may not be visible until the actual month of eligibility. Your eligibility will appear on the "Phones" page of the online Upgrade process.
    Look at the link I posted; it's right from my login screen. Here's what it says in short: (cut and paste of the basics):

As a Sprint Premier customer, receive a new phone upgrade every year. Thatís almost a year earlier than the New For You(TM) Upgrade Program offer.
    # Get up to $150 good towards the primary handset on your account with a new 2-year Sprint subscriber agreement

NOTE: Your early upgrade benefit may not be visible until the actual month of eligibility. Your eligibility will appear on the "Phones" page of the online Upgrade process.
    The link you posted takes me to my MySprint management page....

And I know nothing about this 'Premier' customer. I'm just a normal customer of 8 or 9 years who happens to be on the SERO plan through the good graces of eCare.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

16.    #16  
    I've noticed something with the bluetooth; no need to enter the 0000 for my devices (2 headsets). Nice.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    The link you posted takes me to my MySprint management page....

And I know nothing about this 'Premier' customer. I'm just a normal customer of 8 or 9 years who happens to be on the SERO plan through the good graces of eCare.
    That sucks man, I thought everyone would have had this offer; I didn't know they were being selective. I received a mailing about it 2 months ago and then saw it in my account. Maybe because I've bought a phone each year? I dunno....

how does one become a premier customer?
    I called my local store in Chicago earlier today and asked about getting it and they said not until Saturday or Sunday. I called again around 5pm, talked to a different person, and they said come on in.

There was a short debate in the store with one clerk who tried to sell one earlier but couldn't and the guy who was doing my order. In short, he told her to stay out of it and after speaking to the store manager, I was able to get the Treo. I'm an existing customer, but I got the same $150 off and $100 rebate, so I paid $350 in store. The guy was cool and threw in another battery for me!

Here are the pics of the Treo next to my Mogul:

the phone looks surprisingly thicker than I had expected. will have to see how it feels in the hand once I get it.
  20.    #20  
    It does appear that way, but it's definitely thinner than the 700wx and it's super light.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast