Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    IS there a good replacment for PALM VNC ??

A free one like Palm VNC would be great but I use it so muc I would pay .
    RealVNC has a beta version that works well with their free Windows VNC server. The screen looks amazing in full color on my 700wx and updates fast enough to be usable. When I get my 800w I'll test it out on that device.

http://www.realvnc.com/products/beta/ce/
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Of all the remote desktop tools I have found Remote Desktop is fastest and works best for me. However if you need VNC you can get .Net VNC for free here http://dotnetvnc.sourceforge.net/
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    IS there a good replacment for PALM VNC ??

A free one like Palm VNC would be great but I use it so muc I would pay .

Have you tried logmein.com? I used PalmVNC back when I had the Treo 650 and it was ok but logmein is way better IMO. Give it a try if you haven't already (its free too!).
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    RealVNC has a beta version that works well with their free Windows VNC server. The screen looks amazing in full color on my 700wx and updates fast enough to be usable. When I get my 800w I'll test it out on that device.

http://www.realvnc.com/products/beta/ce/
    I second this. It works well on my Touch, although I would buy the enterprise edition for the additional security.
  6.    #6  
    With RealVNC can i use the UltraVNC server on my PC already and just download this to my 800W or do I need to install a new vncserver to my PC .
    it should work, but no guarantees
  8.    #8  
    Thanks VolWrath I will play around with it tongiht.
    logmein free period
  10.    #10  
    I am also playing with Logmein also.
  11.    #11  
    LogMeIn users have you tried it on the 800W yet. I tried it and I can get my PC screen but I cant control the mouse or scroll to different parts of the screen. With palm vnc you use the 5 way pad to move the screen and the stylus to control the mouse. I can see my screne but thats about it. I ant double tap a folder and open it or move the mouse around. Am I doing something wrong or does this not work correctly with the 800W. Not much in instructions for this and I searched there forum for help but no luck.
    you press and hold with the stylus at the sides of the screen to move the screen in that direction
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
  13.    #13  
    Marty . A big thank you. This web based software is terriffic. I will still play with palm vnc a little but this is simple and the option to transfer files between computers and to be able to log on anywhere in the world is sweet. Thanks again. You were a huge help.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 07/12/2008 at 02:34 PM.
    You're welcome, glad you find it useful! Logmien is definitely one of a few apps I can't do without!
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I am also playing with Logmein also.
    Another vote for LMI.
  16.    #16  
    I have to say LogMeIn is awsome. I installed it on all my pc's and I can access any pc from any room in my house and its FREE. awsome.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I noticed that some alternate characters are not working when trying to enter passwords on the remote PC. Examples includes #, $, ?, !, (, and ). Only way to send these characters is to launch the keyboard on the logmein.com control panel. Anyone else experience this problem?
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    But Logmein is not free for the mobile app.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    But Logmein is not free for the mobile app.
    Not sure what you mean. I'm able to access logmein.com from a PC or mobile client for free. Am I missing something?
    is logmein an application or do you have to visit their website with blazer to control your pc remotely?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast