Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Ok... I thought I owuld make a thread about the 320x320 resolution issues.

I figured I would start by installing realVGA etc so I could hard reset if necessary
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ok... installed realVGA.. .it worked sorta -- the screen was more 320x320ish (96DPI actually). However my today screen only had the calendar and messenging plugs showing afterward

enabled the quick dial plug-in (which somehow was disabled) and now get shell32.exe crashes.... today screen doesn't really load
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    had to hard reset....

Ok... now onto Nyditot... just installed 5.02 and set the resolution to 480x480... (should make the DPI right at that setting based on what I read)... lets see what happens now...
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    not good looking so far.... hung at the palm screen on reboot....
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    took the battery out... now getting dotted grid (kinda purplish) after palm screen.... hard resetting again
    Hmm. I didn't try 480x480. My failures at 240x240 and 240x320 were discouraging enough.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    hmmmm... kinda stuck now... going back to realVGA... (all this crap reminds me of when I first got my toshiba 805 -- one of the first true VGA windows CE pdas)...
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    took the battery out... now getting dotted grid (kinda purplish) after palm screen.... hard resetting again
    STOP!

You don't need to hard reset. Hold the stylus against the screen, pull the battery out and put it back in. If you reset while holding the stylus on the screen, it will disable Nyditot.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    too late... NBD tho... curious about the 96DPI resource Pack in Nyditot. I didn't install that... heres a good blog entry on the WM 320x320 stuff -- for anyone that cares

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...revisited.aspx

Seems 480x480 was a bad idea.... wrong DPI. Trying Nyditot again with the 96dpi resource pack
    Last edited by insol; 07/11/2008 at 06:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Ok 480x480-with the 96DPI resource pack did not help.... had to hard reset again (skfny: the stylus on the screen did not work) Going to make one more try with the 96 DPI resource pack lower resolutions this time -- going to start with 320x240....
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    RealVGA with the 128DPI resource does not complain... doesn't seem to help either BTW. Screen pretty much looks the same... Now installing the 96dpi pack again, this time on top of the 128DPI pack.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Ok realVGA seems to be working now.... hmmmm... Still no palm today plugins -- going to try ultimate launch as it let you embed a today plug into its menus.

Ok crap. the quickdial plug seems to be missing. Its not in the list of today options. I suspect some of the dlls in this 96DPI resource pack overwrites the palm versions.

It would seem it was the speed dial plug that is caused the earlier shell32.exe crashes too.
    Last edited by insol; 07/11/2008 at 07:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I should mention that the real 320x320 9no scaled screen looks extra crissspppy sweet. But I need the today plugs....

Just put the 128DPI pack back on to see what happens....
    Last edited by insol; 07/11/2008 at 07:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Hmmm this seems to be working so far... problem is when the 96DPI is on the system no quickdial or maps today plugs... everything else seems to work tho.... HMMMMM.... getting closer
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I think I have it figured out! Still need to test tho... Apparently there is a registry setting that needs to be changed and this then needs to correspond to dlls in the windows directory that are named with the DPI setting (e.g. WLMCOntactsResources.128.dll for 128DPI)

HKLM/Drivers/Display/GPE/
    LogicalPixelsX
    LogicalPixelsY

Using 96 for both sets things to 96DPI
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Heres what I am trying now. Using realVGA 96DPI... made a copy of the poiPlugin.dll and called it PoiPlugin.96.dll... used realVGA to set 96DPI. Sadly no... the POI and speed Dial today plugs are not working
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Ok giving up for a bit... want to play with other parts of the device now... if anyone want to go further... I just found a good resource that basically covers what I thought I had "discovered" (feeling a bit like Chris Columbus when he discovered America and ummm dint the Indian already "discover" it?). Anyway this article does a good job at explaining whats needs to happen I think:

http://www.mobilitysite.com/boards/x...a-related.html

Anyway I think wats necessary here is to get those last couple of dll's working under 96dpi or perhaps there may be something in between that we can use... as the original DLLs don't seem to need the .XXXX resolution in their names.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    RealVGA would work ok if we could pull some of the Palm DLLs from ROM to make the 96 DPI versions (just rename them I think). WhenI tried with Resco some were locked and unable to be copied. Perhaps I can get them off of a backup? Going to try a few more things...
    You would need to dump your rom and extract the files to do what you want. Nice work so far. I can help with that after I take care of fixing TA and a few other things I promised to help with. I'm sure ebag333 will have a dump before I get to it. lol
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Thanks Hannip. I have seen yurs and ebags great work here before and knew it would be a matter of time before the 800w fell to you guys. I'll keep watch for a ROM dump.

I may do a backup and try it myself... I think I can figure out how to use mtty or similar. Do you think there is a ROM password?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast