1.    #1  
    I called to exchange for a 800w (new customer in 30 day windows). The price was 349.99 as I expected, but the CS rep couldn't confirm the $100 rebate because the phone isn't up on their internal site yet. For those that have received it and are eligible, did you get a rebate form?
    The store rep told me the rebate will be online on the 13th. I paid $349 at the store and they said I am eligable for the $100 MIR.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I guess the rep didn't give you the rebate paper. It's printed on that card treo 800w, so it does receive a 100 MIR.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Here's the link to the rebate for all who need it.

http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en...mir_090108.pdf
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    On Sprint's site, it says that in order to get the mail-in rebate, you have to purchase a $25-or-more data plan or a Sprint everything plan. I'm confused, because I currently pay $15 for data on my Treo 700p. Does this mean that getting a more expensive plan is optional to get a new Treo 800w (but required to get the mail-in rebate)?
    I suppose they could change that at any time but this rebate has been up to the present day honored for people who have PV/casual evdo even for free after credits. My retention rep said I would get it. I asked that that be in my notes and they read it back to me, and I think their is a 95% chance it will be honored for you.

I think it is to stop people from getting full discounts with zero data plans (like $0 a month add-a-phones). All the more important with WiFi smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I suppose they could change that at any time but this rebate has been up to the present day honored for people who have PV/casual evdo even for free after credits. My retention rep said I would get it. I asked that that be in my notes and they read it back to me, and I think their is a 95% chance it will be honored for you.

I think it is to stop people from getting full discounts with zero data plans (like $0 a month add-a-phones). All the more important with WiFi smartphones.
    so if i have "Sprint Unlimited Vision Pack: Included" in my plan..do I qualify for the rebates? I have the same thing on my add a line (which is my free line)also.
    the answer to that is technically from the fine print the rebate seems not to qualify. But telesales, retention say you do qualify.
    Also the minimum is not new and others in your situation have gotten the rebate in the past.

So they could break with their policy on the $25 minimum and disqualify rebate in our situation. But state's Attorneies General etc love rebate problems, and with customer care and sales people saying people do qualify, it would create a big $%^#-storm Sprint doesn't need right now.