Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am gonna wait a few weeks to see what kind of bugs/quirks/problems people are having with the 800.

Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribletts View Post
    I am gonna wait a few weeks to see what kind of bugs/quirks/problems people are having with the 800.

Anyone else?
    Logic tells me the same thing....but the gadget geek in me is screaming to get it.
    To be honest i love my 700wx, and I believe it can't get worse than the 700, for me i'd already had mine for 2 years it's time for a new one 800 here i come
  4.    #4  
    Logic tells me the same thing....but the gadget geek in me is screaming to get it.

I totally understand! I really want to order it now but I would like to know ahead of time if there are any known problems or programs to avoid.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Same here but all the programs that DON'T work on the other thread will slowly work its way over to the DO list. I am sure that Slingmedia, TomTom, Opera and other developers haven't had time to work out the kinks to make their software compatible. Once they have the 800w, they will come out with an update to be compatible with the phone. The key is that hardware is there and available. (unlike the Centro and previous Treo models) The software can always be upgraded/updated.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    I was gonna wait but the 30day return policy got me to buy it. I figured if it sucks i'll just return it and get my money back.
    Quote Originally Posted by chad783 View Post
    Same here but all the programs that DON'T work on the other thread will slowly work its way over to the DO list. I am sure that Slingmedia, TomTom, Opera and other developers haven't had time to work out the kinks to make their software compatible. Once they have the 800w, they will come out with an update to be compatible with the phone. The key is that hardware is there and available. (unlike the Centro and previous Treo models) The software can always be upgraded/updated.
    Makes you wonder "who" they selected for their beta testing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribletts View Post

Anyone else?
    It is smart to wait... I'm waiting... my 700wx works fine... although, some of the posts really make me want to go out and get one... new toy... new features... battery life has me wondering, and stability...

We should have a clear picture by Monday... some reliable reports should be out....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Apple embraced the big developers. Palm didn't even bother to give them an emulator apparently...
    I was going to wait because of the screen (size and brightness). Also at the time I didn't have much in rebates (only $75) and at $524 after that its way too high. However I negotiated my way to $349 and will be picking it up on Sunday. Plus I sold my Touch, LG Rumor and will my current Mogul will hit Ebay on Monday. I'm way ahead. I'm just hoping its worth it.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I am waiting just long enough for VZW to stock them.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Apple embraced the big developers. Palm didn't even bother to give them an emulator apparently...
    That's because the emulator already exists. Unlike Apple's development tools, you can develop applications for Windows Mobile for free using Microsoft's tools. They even have an emulator for every version of Windows Mobile.

If you pay for Microsoft's Visual Studio (or get it for free if you're a student / educator) you can create programs so easily. You basically drag and drop and you're practically done for your average application.

Screen resolution can be easily tested so it's of my opinion that these applications with issues are just written poorly.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Like another post I made....Apple parties and celebrates the launches of thier products. They know how to market.

Palm hides and quitely launches things...ignore problems publicly. Palm could use a better marketing team.....learn from the success of others..listen to your consumer needs.
    I have one on hold at the sprint store for sunday. I'm thinking twice about buying it now due to the huge number of problems already cropping up. Although I guess the 30 day return isn't too bad. I'm sick of my 755P and want a new toy! I wish the HTC Touch Pro was here already or was going to be here soon.........It sucks to need instant gratification!!!
    I am buying one Sunday. None of the stores in my area or within an hour will sell me one before Sunday!
    All of these reports of software incompatibility have really deflated my bubble. I also found out today that my CDMA phone is interacting unfavorably with my favorite radar detector. Guess I will wait for the 850!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_arm74 View Post
    Like another post I made....Apple parties and celebrates the launches of thier products. They know how to market.

Palm hides and quitely launches things...ignore problems publicly. Palm could use a better marketing team.....learn from the success of others..listen to your consumer needs.
    The official launch date is July 13th. Do you think it is wise to put an advertisement on July 11th, the launch of iPhone? Frankly speaking, besides the Treo broads, most of the media are talking about iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    All of these reports of software incompatibility have really deflated my bubble. I also found out today that my CDMA phone is interacting unfavorably with my favorite radar detector. Guess I will wait for the 850!
    I am not defending Palm. I think it is fair to categorize the problem as follows:

- Software / Hardware problems due to WM6.1
    - Software / Hardware problems due to screen resolution 320x320
    - Software / Hardware problems due to Palm
    I'm waiting!

I'm waiting because (a) I couldn't get Sprint to come off of it for a reasonable price and (b) even if that weren't the case I couldn't afford it.

I hope everyone enjoys the new device. I will continue on with my 700wx.

Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Mine was due to today, but I told the person at Telesales that Monday it would probably be and I am sure that is when it will be in my hands. Having tried 3 different WM devices, I was excited, but not nervous. After reading this evening, I am both excited, nervous, wondering...and dang if I will give up like I have done in the past.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast