1.    #1  
    hey does anyone know of a program other than emoze and seven owa which will gather email from a exchange server? thanks guys
    There is a program called activesync built into the treo. Give it a try.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  3.    #3  
    ok...besides that
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    What are your reasons for using something other than Activesync?
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    ok...besides that
    Why? Pocket Outlook is great and is made to do just what you're asking...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  6.    #6  
    our IT department has it so you can not log on with activesync and the only two programs that i have found to work is emoze and seven owa...but both of them of have bug issues with wm5. So thats why im asking...
    our IT department has it so you can not log on with activesync and the only two programs that i have found to work is emoze and seven owa...but both of them of have bug issues with wm5. So thats why im asking...
    So just treat it as a POP3 or IMAP4 account. It won't be push that way but you should be able to access it with no problems.

You can also use the default OWA Web site client if you don't mind Web mail.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    So just treat it as a POP3 or IMAP4 account. It won't be push that way but you should be able to access it with no problems.

You can also use the default OWA Web site client if you don't mind Web mail.
    The exchange server may be setup to block external access via IMAP or POP. If that is the case you would need to use a redirecter program like seven or sprints biz connect if it is still around.
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    The exchange server may be setup to block external access via IMAP or POP. If that is the case you would need to use a redirecter program like seven or sprints biz connect if it is still around.
    If the server is setup to block external access and you can't connect to it with ActiveSync how were these other apps mentioned connecting?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    If the server is setup to block external access and you can't connect to it with ActiveSync how were these other apps mentioned connecting?
    A client sitting on the internal network usually on the user's PC polling the Exchange server and then passing it through the internet to the device. Similar to the way the old blackberry desktop redirector worked. Sprint Biz Connect did this but I don't know if it is still supported or being updated.
  11.    #11  
    no I don't use a desktop redirector. I get my mail by using owa...so y can't I get activesync to work? who knows but I wish I did
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    no I don't use a desktop redirector. I get my mail by using owa...so y can't I get activesync to work? who knows but I wish I did
    Your admin can disable activesync but keep OWA enabled. It can be set server wide or on an individual basis.

13.    #13  
    so do u know of another program I can use?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Any one have success with the older BizCon (PPC6700?) or WM Seven client?
  15.    #15  
    I am using the seven client and it works well...my only prob is that seems to freeze my 700wx wm5
    If this is something you actually require for your job then you should talk with your company to get them to enable ActiveSync. Trying to work around this problem will drive you nuts.
    Does it support storage to the card?

Why? Pocket Outlook is great and is made to do just what you're asking...
    I am using the seven client and it works well...my only prob is that seems to freeze my 700wx wm5
    So just to confirm, you're saying that the Seven Windows Mobile 6 client works well on your 800w, correct?
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Does it support storage to the card?
    Yes and no. I know it can be configured to put attachments on the card but I'm not sure about actual emails. However, if you use it in conjunction with an Exchange Server the emails are stored server side and you don't have to worry about it.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    If this is something you actually require for your job then you should talk with your company to get them to enable ActiveSync. Trying to work around this problem will drive you nuts.
    Agreed. I dont see a legitament reason for disabling it if there is a true need to have mobile workers.

At the end of the day the IT dept will probably like enabling it better than whatever work around you come up with.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2