1.    #1  
    Hello,

We at PdaphoneHome were experimenting with the MMS side of the Palm Threaded SMS after I found a version that was somewhat working and it didn't give that out of memory error when trying to attach a picture to a message.

What we have been stumped on is the server/registry settings that need to be in place for message delivery.

Here is the thread.
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsu...n-fixed-2.html

If you can help us, that would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    read ur thread I don't really want to sign into another site call me lazy but yea... ne ways what palm application fix are you talking about? provide me a link to the application and I will download it.
    I was looking at these for Sprint.

Long story short, it's only going to work for your carrier. If your carrier doesn't support it, there's no way to do it (that I'm aware of).

MMS "hacks" are usually wrap arounds to other applications (such as Sprint's picture mail).
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    ok ebag u lost me... sprint does support mms for its palm os pda where using the palm os treaded sms app why can't we just configure that applications settings for mms? I found the sprint mms url settings, the gateway, and the port. but I don't know where to put the port information at.... or why can't we just fix the the old mms app by archsoft with the new mms settings?
    Sprint does not support MMS.

I suspect what you are seeing is their Picture Mail info.

Post up what you have and I'll test it on my 800w and see if MMS works or not. It doesn't with the default settings.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I need the lock code to get all the details.... Ill go get it in a minute
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    I need the lock code to get all the details.... Ill go get it in a minute
    wasn't a newyork minute but
    server
    http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/WMTP_3_4
    gateway 68.28.31.1
    port 80
    Yup, that's the picture mail gateway.

Interestingly enough, it does seem to be a form of MMS. It seems to *WANT* to work.....
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    you don't have to use the gateway to make it work and here is my ? what's the differene with the palmos messenger app and the 800w messenger app? if they both use the picture mail then technically we should be able to use our 800w like the 755 uses theres... when I get my 800w I'm just going to copy my palmos settings to my windows treo and give that a shot
    I'm not familiar with the 755. It's Palm OS though, and may have an application to interface with the Picture Mail service. There's a similar program for WM. (sMMS? Something like that. It's on WMExperts.)
    ok im an ***** and forgot to backup settings....can someone please post original settings for sprint?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewdoc21 View Post
    ok im an ***** and forgot to backup settings....can someone please post original settings for sprint?
    huh??
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Post up what you have and I'll test it on my 800w and see if MMS works or not. It doesn't with the default settings.
    how did you edit your settings on your 800w I can't edit mine.... nvm I figured it out... love me total commander
    Last edited by hyphen; 07/24/2008 at 11:44 PM.
    i didnt backup my settings and now i get an out of memory error after i changed the server settings
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    one either update to the new palm app I heard that fixes that issue or two your on crack cause mine always told me that when I tried to do an mms the 700wx can't support that function for sprint
    lol im not on crack...im getting the out of memory error all the time since i changed the server settings, before it was only when i tried to send mms...and i think i have the newest version unless theres been one ripped off the 800 i dont know about
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    server settings won't cause that issue look to see if there is a picture message that's in your outbox if so delete it
    hyphen = genius
    there was an message in my outbox...hopefully that will do the trick....told ya im an *****...lol