Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Did voice dialing over BT work on your beta unit? That's another major bug in the production versions.
    NSX,

That was something that I never thought to try. I was pissed however when I realized that there were no audible turn by turn directions over my BT like you find on the Moto Q9c. I miss that.

As soon as I opened the box and saw the battery I instantly knew it was the Centro battery and realized that this was going to be the downfall of the phone.
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I have done lots of beta testing over the years, including the first major consumer 300 baud modem (coming from my 50 baud telex modem with circuit boards I acid dipped myself).

A lot of times specs on mass produced components can be altered for budget reasons or a few lines of code can bust something. scheduling and the heat on bringing to market on time are more intense then ever, and you have to consider that in this case you have one buyer who is going t do most of the marketing for you and you have to dance to their tune when it comes to release date.
    I would 100% agree with you if Palm hadn't had an extra year to get this phone off the ground. I just can't see Palm lasting too much longer unless they raise PalmOS from the ashes or somehow launch a revolutionary device before anyone else. I dunno. It just felt to me like the 800 should have been out a long time ago and we should now be talking about a 800wx or 900something. But that's another topic.
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    Apple has seeded iPhone v2.1 to developers already...a mere 15 days after release of the 3G...
    as they should! the 2.0 software is a joke, with the poor battery life, echo in the BT, terrible 3g reception, buggy gps, crashing of 3rd party software, etc. Apple's own support forums are flooded with complaints...go look.

now throw in the "MobileMe" fiasco and we see Apple is just like everyone else.

I know for a fact that Apple's engineers wanted (and asked for)another 30-60 days on the software and were denied--hence the supposed rapidity of their whoopty doo 2.1 release in beta form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    as they should! the 2.0 software is a joke, with the poor battery life, echo in the BT, terrible 3g reception, buggy gps, crashing of 3rd party software, etc. Apple's own support forums are flooded with complaints...go look.

now throw in the "MobileMe" fiasco and we see Apple is just like everyone else.

I know for a fact that Apple's engineers wanted (and asked for)another 30-60 days on the software and were denied--hence the supposed rapidity of their whoopty doo 2.1 release in beta form.
    Yes...but at least they are fixing things. Didnt we wait one year for a 700p rom update???

It does however seem that apples release QC standards are dropping. The stability of Leopard vs Tiger is another good example.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrinehart View Post
    NSX,

That was something that I never thought to try. I was pissed however when I realized that there were no audible turn by turn directions over my BT like you find on the Moto Q9c. I miss that.

As soon as I opened the box and saw the battery I instantly knew it was the Centro battery and realized that this was going to be the downfall of the phone.
    I hear ya. Too bad Palm didn't listen to complaints from beta testers. Now we're stuck with this buggy piece of junk with a crap battery and the worst earpiece speaker possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    Yes...but at least they are fixing things. Didnt we wait one year for a 700p rom update???

It does however seem that apples release QC standards are dropping. The stability of Leopard vs Tiger is another good example.
    "Elp" with the macbook pro's is another, they continue to sweep the issue under the carpet.

I've had it for over a year and they don't do anything about it.

They are just as bad as everyone else.

Dude! I shoulda bought a Dell
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    I just noticed a few minutes ago that it DOES say that it supports voice dialing over BT. Page 3 of the pocket sales guide under the bluetooth section of Product Specifications, the last line says "Voice dialing over Bluetooth wireless."

So nobody has it working but it's supposed to work?? I really hope it does.
    This apparently wasn't included, but an update is coming. According to http://experiencemobility.net/?p=485, the update will be released soon and available at http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...00wupdate.html. The page does say "Please return to this page in the coming days for the download and details". So quit whining, Palm is taking care of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwejason View Post
    This apparently wasn't included, but an update is coming. According to http://experiencemobility.net/?p=485, the update will be released soon and available at http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...00wupdate.html. The page does say "Please return to this page in the coming days for the download and details". So quit whining, Palm is taking care of it.
    err..it came out monday
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...oth/index.html

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123