Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Thanks for the answers on the Express version. Glad to know that it works.

PS. Ok went ahead and bought GPSgate Express. It does in fact run wonderfully with Tomtom 6
    Last edited by Yirk; 09/06/2008 at 06:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinker3932 View Post
    When I installed TT7 on the 800w, I lost some keyboard control. Meaning, basically, the keyboard stopped working altogether. Anybody else experience this?
    I mean my whole Treo keyboard stops responding--even before I run TT7. The email, the browser. My KB stops working when I install TT7
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I never experienced this. If you are out of the Sprint network, TomTom should display "No GPS device" in the bottom left window.
    So TT7 won't work unless I am within Sprint coverage? Why bother buying TT then? I can use google maps for free if I have data coverage. I thought the reason most people used TT was so they could have GPS when they were in and out of coverage.
    The internal GPS on the 800w, is assisted GPS, which means, it requires access to the Sprint network along with GPS satellites to acquire your position. Google Maps and Live Search are both free and require network access to download maps for your position. But they only offer text based turn by turn directions. Which means, you have to occasionally look at your phone to figure out your next turn. TomTom and Garmin, which are 2 of the common software based GPS navigation software give voice turn by turn directions. Basically, it will verbally announce something like "Turn left in the next 500 feet". Sprint Navigation, from what I understand, also offers voice turn by turn directions, but is subscription based.
    I don't know if it the particular build I have but my volume is quote low. Is it just me?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    My volume is loud. Use your d-pad and move it the right.
    If you have the Sprint $25.00 data plan. You have the Sprint Navigation and everything else like espn, text messaging, 4 free music dl's a month and more.
    I am having issue with TomTom 7 and GPSgate 4. There is delay while moving and sometimes TomTom will freeze my whole treo 800. With google or sprint navigation its smooth to navigate and current position is accurate. With TomTom its like behind 5-6 seconds and sometimes its frozen where I made turn and it shows old street for 10 seconds. Is it GPSgate? TomTom? Some setting I am missing or something else? Please help.
    Thanks.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I am using GPS Gate 2.6.0.308 and it is working fine on my TT7.

I went to gpsgate website and there is no 4.0
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I am using GPS Gate 2.6.0.308 and it is working fine on my TT7.

I went to gpsgate website and there is no 4.0
    Sorry its version 2.6.0.325. wow how I missed the version .
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Does tt7 have updated maps?
    Hi everyone. Another newbie here. I have been searching your forum for a couple of hours with no success. I am trying to install TomTom 6 on my Treo 800w. I have seen several methods on here, but by the posts it doesnt appear to work. Or only works on a select few. Anyways, is there a step by step method somewhere to install TomTom 6? Thank you in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by govtcheez View Post
    hmm...if TomTom doesn't work on this device, that might be a deal breaker for me.
    I dumped my treo 800 because the GPS did not work so I went with the
    HTC Touch Pro
    Works great with no problems with the built in GPS
    if the GPS worked on the 800 I would have stayed but this messed up
    that PALM would lock that down
    and it has to be PALM and not sprint because I have sprint still with the HTC Touch Pro with Full access to the built in GPS
    mark
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Question regarding the 800w.
    I have read tons of forums and threads.
    I own a Touch Pro and TomTom 6 works great! No GPSgate needed.
    My wife owns the 800w.
    I installed GPSgate and TomTom 6.

What is the settings on the phone need to be?
    What settings in GPSgate does it need to be?
    What settings in TomTom 6 does it need to be?

From everythnig I read no one gives a straight answer.

Thank you.
    using the script in this post:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=34

plus just having GPSGate installed using the defaults, and TomTom 7, works like a charm.

edit: I actually edited the script a little bit and added that command to turn on and off the internal driver as well.
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789