Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aph View Post
    Also trying to sort out Garmin XT issues. The first install worked but it closed as soon as it was run, nothing came up.
    Garmin XT = SLOOWWWWW to update the screen. TT7 updates 3-4 times more often, and looks cooler too. Plus they fixed little annoyances of from version 6, notably that the location prediction now filters by state.

Best option for GPS on the Treo is TT7 + GPSGate
    Garmin XT = SLOOWWWWW to update the screen. TT7 updates 3-4 times more often, and looks cooler too. Plus they fixed little annoyances of from version 6, notably that the location prediction now filters by state.

How do you get TT6 maps to work with TT7?
    Laissez Faire
  3. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Not sure but TT7 has its own maps as well. I like having the latest anyway.
    I believe you have to have TT6 running with version 6 maps version, then install TT7. That's what I've read and has worked for some. I think it may have worked for me as well. I can't remember, because when I originally installed TT7 on my 800w, I had version 6 map. Unfortunately, I never tested it out, since I installed version 7 map a few seconds later.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I believe you have to have TT6 running with version 6 maps version, then install TT7. That's what I've read and has worked for some. I think it may have worked for me as well. I can't remember, because when I originally installed TT7 on my 800w, I had version 6 map. Unfortunately, I never tested it out, since I installed version 7 map a few seconds later.
    Where did you get 7 maps?
    Laissez Faire
    Where did you get 7 maps?
    Sorry, I can't post it as it may be against forum rules.
    May be a dumb question - but - I know Garmain sells it program on a micro SD card for this type of application. How does one get Tom Tom for WM? Is it on a card? A download? And how much is it? Can anyone get this or is it for people who have soem sort of TT device already?

Thanks. (This is really quite new to me).
    Quote Originally Posted by dougef View Post
    How does one get Tom Tom for WM? Is it on a card? A download? And how much is it? Can anyone get this or is it for people who have soem sort of TT device already?

Thanks. (This is really quite new to me).
    It's a DVD you can get at Tomtom.com
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I cant get TT7 to work with GPSGate.

System GPS I had it set to Com 0. What is GDP1? I got Google Map to work with Com 0 or GDP 1. I never get Google Map to work with any virtual port.

I set virtual outport to Com 7 on GPS Gate.

Virtual port means many GPS device can use Port 7 because of the GPS Gate.

Tell TT7 to use 'Other GPS' and I saw the GPSGate Com 7 on it and I choose that one.

GPSGate stay RED. I was hoping for GREEN.

It didnt work.

=======

Update : All of sudden GPS Gate turn GREEN and I knew something good was happening. So I went to TT7 and yahoooo, it got a lock on my house. Maybe I had been doing inside my house.

It helps that I have done this on the Mogul.

If you need help on how to set it up, let me know.
  10. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Yeah if GPSGate is red you can't really blame TomTom. Even then you can go into the GPS settings in TomTom and it will say Searching for Satellites instead of Waiting for GPS Device, telling you that GPSGate is indeed working.

GPSGate will work with any incoming COM port including GDP1, and TomTom will work with any outgoing COM port. What's really interesting is that if you set GPSGate to output to COM4/NMEA, you can set TomTom to "Internal GPS Device" without a COM port set and it will find that signal.
    Newbie Questions:
    - Do voice-instructions (like turn left in so many feet, etc etc) work when running TT6 on 800w?
    - What happens if a call is received while using TT - Do voice instructions go slient during the call and come back on when call is over?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdude View Post
    - Do voice-instructions (like turn left in so many feet, etc etc) work when running TT6 on 800w?
    Yes, both TT6/TT7 & Garmin do that. TomTom announces using yards, while Garmin announces in feet or miles. Neither will announce the actual street name (ex. Turn left on Smith Road). IGuidance is supposed to announce the street names, but does not support 320x320 screen resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by bkdude View Post
    - What happens if a call is received while using TT - Do voice instructions go slient during the call and come back on when call is over?
    The program runs in the background, while the call screen will be the active app. Voice prompting will silence (if I remember correctl). Once you hang up, the voice announcing will commence.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I know TomTom 7 was released for HTC Diamond Pro. But no carrier carry this in USA right?

Somehow where did the new map came from for North America if no USA carrier have Diamond?

Nothing is mention about TT7 on tomtom website.

This is interesting.
    The maps are not only for the PocketPC, they are also for their PNA's (TomTom GO, Street Pilot, etc.). I believe TomTom Go 710, uses version 7.20 maps. There is a North America map available.
    hi everyone.. i am new to this site.. and i just got a treo 800w and love it.. i was 700p before.. anyways my questions is.. i installed tomtom 7 and for some reason i cant get a gps signal.. i keep messing with the settings and nothing at all.. is it possible to use TT7 with the 800w? how can i get this done.. no matter what i try i get the no gps signal.. please help..
    Quote Originally Posted by raymir View Post
    hi everyone.. i am new to this site.. and i just got a treo 800w and love it.. i was 700p before.. anyways my questions is.. i installed tomtom 7 and for some reason i cant get a gps signal.. i keep messing with the settings and nothing at all.. is it possible to use TT7 with the 800w? how can i get this done.. no matter what i try i get the no gps signal.. please help..
    TT7 does not recognize the internal GPS on the 800w. You need to use GPS Gate.
    I agree I think TT7 is a much nicer package but I hate using 3rd party interface. Garmin XT works just fine for me.

thank you for responding... where can i get gps gate??
  19. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    I agree I think TT7 is a much nicer package but I hate using 3rd party interface. Garmin XT works just fine for me.
    I use the MortScript posted in this thread. It's a one touch interface and even acquires the signal quicker than TomTom on its own would, since GPSGate is already doing that while TomTom is loading. Try the script (let me know if it's not in this thread and I'll post it when I get home)
    Quote Originally Posted by raymir View Post
    thank you for responding... where can i get gps gate??
    http://franson.com/gpsgate/

Not sure if the cheaper Express version works, but the Standard version works.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast