Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    And where do you get your maps?
    Teh intarweb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Teh intarweb.
    Stealing is not an option for most people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Stealing is not an option for most people.
    ha...sorry, i had to laugh at that.
    Once I got TomTom to work I notice that I couldn't zoom any more. Pressing the center directional pad only increase or decrease the volume. I tried using all of the directions and nothing would zoom in or out. Is there something different than the 700wx?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by lasdj View Post
    Once I got TomTom to work I notice that I couldn't zoom any more. Pressing the center directional pad only increase or decrease the volume. I tried using all of the directions and nothing would zoom in or out. Is there something different than the 700wx?

TIA

What version are you using? I know with TT6 on my 700wx, the Up/Down D-pad buttons would zoom in/out. I now use TT7 on my 800w. I'm thinking the Up/Down D-Pad buttons are disabled, because I can't seem to use them.
    yeah im using tt6. before on my 700wx it would zoom. so im glad im not the only one w this problem.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Zoom does work in TT6 on the Mogul.

I just bought my 800w on fleabay and hope to get it next week and check it out.

Does the zoom work on TT7?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Ok, to summarized:

1. Did TT6 work on the 800w?
    2. Did TT7 work on the 800w?
    3. Did iGuidance 4 work on the 800w?
    4. Do you need anything to start the internal GPS first?
    5. What did you use to get it working?

I got TT6 and iGuidance 4 to work on my Mogul. I am going to try it on my new 800w next week when I get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    1. Did TT6 work on the 800w?
    Yes, I have tried it before switching to TT7

2. Did TT7 work on the 800w?
    Yes, I use it now.

3. Did iGuidance 4 work on the 800w?
    I think I remembered reading a thread that they are not currently supporting 320x320 screen. Unfortunately, they did not state whether they have tried it on the 800w.

4. Do you need anything to start the internal GPS first?
    You can use GPSGate with TomTom. TomTom6 has no config for internal GPS. TomTom7 has a config for internal GPS, but it was ripped from an HTC Diamond (Euro version), so no support will be given for any other device. Garmin can utilize the internal GPS.

5. What did you use to get it working?
    With TomTom, I just start GPSgate first, then start TomTom. Garmin, I just start the app.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Googlemap work with the internal GPS right?

I will try it out next week when I get my 800w.
    Googlemap work with the internal GPS right?

I will try it out next week when I get my 800w.
    Yep and pretty well, though the Live Search is usually closer to my actual location...(talking about a matter of feet)
  12. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Google Maps works on its own

TT7 works only with GPSGate
    (Interestingly it works when set to "Internal GPS" if GPSGate is set to output to "COM 4 / NMEA device")

Garmin XT - ?
    I've probably repeated this more than a dozen times, but Garmin can use the internal GPS on the 800w, without any 3rd party apps.

FYI, If you do not have Garmin unlocked for your device, it will only allow you to use a Garmin BT receiver. With it properly unlocked, you can use the Treo 800w's internal GPs receiver, as well as majority of other GPS recievers.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    TT7 has been working fine on my Mogul, will try it on my 800w tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I've probably repeated this more than a dozen times, but Garmin can use the internal GPS on the 800w, without any 3rd party apps.

FYI, If you do not have Garmin unlocked for your device, it will only allow you to use a Garmin BT receiver. With it properly unlocked, you can use the Treo 800w's internal GPs receiver, as well as majority of other GPS recievers.
    When I called Garmin, they said that their software would only run on their card which had very little additional memory. TT can be copied to a card with extra memory.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    TT7 is really, really slow on my 800, though TT6 works great. How do I confirm that I have the proper TT7 maps?
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    When I called Garmin, they said that their software would only run on their card which had very little additional memory. TT can be copied to a card with extra memory.
    Garmin can be run using other cards, using NON-Garmin utilities. I had it semi functioning on a 4Gb Simpletech SD card on my Treo 700wx and is functioning fully on a 8Gb Sandisk MicroSD card on my Treo 800w.

Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    TT7 is really, really slow on my 800, though TT6 works great. How do I confirm that I have the proper TT7 maps?
    TT7 seems to be running fine on my 800w. TT7 can use version 7 and version 6 maps. TT6 can use version 6 and, I believe, version 5 maps.
  18. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Using TT7/GPSGate for now but will try with PortSplitter to save resources. Hopefully I can modify a MortScript I found to work with PortSplitter instead of GPSGate.

Also trying to sort out Garmin XT issues. The first install worked but it closed as soon as it was run, nothing came up.
    [

TT7 seems to be running fine on my 800w. TT7 can use version 7 and version 6 maps.

I have TT6 up and running, and I have the US-Canada map. I installed TT7 but it said "No maps installed." How do I get TT7 to recognize TT6 maps?
    Laissez Faire
  20. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aph View Post
    Using TT7/GPSGate for now but will try with PortSplitter to save resources. Hopefully I can modify a MortScript I found to work with PortSplitter instead of GPSGate.
    PortSplitter doesn't see the 800w GPS, only GPSGate does