Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    One issue that I did have running TT, when I want to make a call, no other buttons worked and the phone locked up.
    What do you guys do to switch between TT and phone? I am not talking about an incomming call, but one I want to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    One issue that I did have running TT, when I want to make a call, no other buttons worked and the phone locked up.
    What do you guys do to switch between TT and phone? I am not talking about an incomming call, but one I want to make.
    TomTom has a dialing interface built into it if I recall correctly (I don't have it loaded yet)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Which version are you running? I'm running TT7 and have no issues making a call. While TT7 is running and navigating, I can press the green call button and TT7 will minimize. I can press it again and the Call history will show. I can select a person from the call history or even dial using the dialpad without any problems. I can press the OK button to minimize TT7 and perform the same steps as above. I can also pull up my Contacts and select a person to call from their as well.

The only issue I'm having is the Up/Down D-pad buttons don't seem to work in the Main or Preferences Menu. Only the Left/Right D-pad buttons. Also, when selecting an address from the Contacts list, it seems to hang. I got a little impatient and just soft reset the device, so I'm not sure if the TT7 ever calculated the route to that address.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 07/27/2008 at 02:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Your welcome, I had to do the same thing for my touch and GPSGate is only $20.00 btw http://franson.com/gpsgate/purchase....cense=standard

Also it should allow all GPS apps to work

edit: there is also a freeware program called GPSProxy thay *MAY* work although I would get GPSGate running first on your machine so you will know better how to configure.
    Does anyone know if GPSGate Express will do the trick?

Thanks!
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  5. tag
    Has anyone tried out port splitter as an alternative to GPS Gate? The only issue with port splitter is that it doesn't auto detect all the ports on the device, so you will have to manually type in the com port for the gps on some devices. I had to do on my WM6 device to get iguidance to work and I've also tried it with tomtom. I don't have the Treo 800w to test it on, but give it a go. Hope this helps.

JAL Port Splitter (Freeware)
    http://www.gpsmeter.com/index.php?page=portsplitter
    I've got it installed now but don't see how to select the internal GPS as the input port.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    I've got it installed now but don't see how to select the internal GPS as the input port.
    Install GpSGate. Then run GPSGate before your start TT.
    Quote Originally Posted by govtcheez View Post
    does anyone have a slight problem with TomTom with WM6? It ran so smoothly in WM5, but in WM 6 (on both my Mogul after the upgrade, and 800w), it's a little jaggy and not smooth. It's not animated anymore. It's more screen refresh every second or two.
    I use tomtom with my treo 700 and my 800 as far at the not so smooth performance I was noticing the same thing so I decided to try my bluetooth GPS that I used with my 700 and WOW what a difference now its very smooth and accurate...
    for some reason I don't think the gps on the 800w is real there is something wrong with it, only if we could just use the dam gps and not agps that we all paid for ...
    mark
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby View Post
    I use tomtom with my treo 700 and my 800 as far at the not so smooth performance I was noticing the same thing so I decided to try my bluetooth GPS that I used with my 700 and WOW what a difference now its very smooth and accurate...
    for some reason I don't think the gps on the 800w is real there is something wrong with it, only if we could just use the dam gps and not agps that we all paid for ...
    mark
    I, too, noticed the lag with the internal GPS. However, it isn't too bad to make it unusable. It is definitely an annoyance, though. I wonder if all internal GPS chips are this way?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Got my 8gb card today so I was finally able to load TomTom and GPS gate onto my 800. Working like a champ!! Woohoo!!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Well, I took my first long trip running TomTom on the 800W. It did a great job, fast at getting a fix...very satisfied. However, the battery behavior was odd. The battery totally drained twice...to the point that I had to remove the battery a couple times to get it to even start showing that it was charging and power on again. I kept it on the charger while running TomTom.

Then, after the last time it drained completely, I ran TomTom and the battery level actually increased from empty to completely full. I had thought that maybe the battery was being drained faster than it could charge when doing navigation full time. However, that certainly wasn't the case for the last few hours of my trip. What's the deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Does anyone know if GPSGate Express will do the trick?

Thanks!
    So does it have to be the full version or will express work?
    So does it have to be the full version or will express work?
    As far as i can see Express would work fine but it limits you to having two simultaneous GPS apps open and you don't get any of the online features. I currently have a promotion code for the makers of GPSGate that I need to use between now and Friday. I can't decide what I want, full or express...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Grant, I went with the full ver. What are you trying to save? $7???
    Full works here flawlessly and there is a wizzard which sets it up painlessly. Spring for it.
    Grant, I went with the full ver. What are you trying to save? $7???
    Full works here flawlessly and there is a wizzard which sets it up painlessly. Spring for it.
    Thanks for the advice. I plan on it, especially with the promotion.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

I can't get it to install. I connected the pc and the Treo and ran the CD. It went part way through the installation but it is hanging on a screen that says "Looking for TomTom devices..."
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Something similar happened to me when I installed TomTom a few weeks ago. I don't remember the details, exactly, but I saw some sort of message similar to yours, the install appeared to have never completed (in fact, my 800w may have even hung) ... but then I did a soft reset of the 800w and it turned out that TomTom had actually installed itself successfully.
    I'm thinking that Tomtom has moved away from software sales and just focuses on stand alone devices now. If that is the case, we may never see a fixed version of Tomtom 6 that supports internal GPSs or even a WM Tomtom 7 compatible with the 800w either.

Palm's store no longer lists Tomtom software and looking at Tomtom's web site, I don't see anything about PDA products.
    or even a WM Tomtom 7 compatible with the 800w either.
    I'm running TT 7 via an external bluetooth GPS puck. No problems.

(And no, I won't tell you where to get it. *cough*XDA*cough*)

It should work fine with GPS Gate for the internal GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I'm running TT 7 via an external bluetooth GPS puck. No problems.

(And no, I won't tell you where to get it. *cough*XDA*cough*)

It should work fine with GPS Gate for the internal GPS.
    And where do you get your maps?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G