1.    #1  
    Most of the discussion here is way over my head, honestly, but I thought maybe you could help a girl out.

So I text message "ringtone11" to the number 62262.

I get a response text message that says:

Thanks for requesting an Obama Ringtone.... (etc)

I then get an MMS message from 67000
    Subject: Barack Obama - Fired Up

The message says : "Message download failed" This message needs to be downloaded.

I press the download key.

It tells me: "Download of this message has been requested"

The message comes back again, "Download Failed" Code 268435456l (that's lower case letter L)

I was told by Verizon and Palm that the Treo 700wx does not have "enhanced message file" capability.

a) Is this true?
    b) Is there a workaround or software so that I can get this capability to download/play?

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    sorry on the delay im not going to download no obama on my phone... but ne hoot can you go to a website and download that file there? and I download mp3's via email all the time... so idk
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    I think your best bet would be to go to a site such as phonezoo.com, register, and search for your ringtone. I use that site pretty often and everything I've ever d/l works just fine on my 700WX. Most free ringtones are designed for standard cell phones, not PPC's and will not run on them.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway