1.    #1  
    HI all,
    I would like to know what all of think is the best alternative to outlook for PIM. I was bothered by the fact that I purchased a device to have all of my information at my finger tips only to find I have to purchase another product fro basic function.
    Thanks
    Laurie
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lkerschner View Post
    HI all,
    I would like to know what all of think is the best alternative to outlook for PIM. I was bothered by the fact that I purchased a device to have all of my information at my finger tips only to find I have to purchase another product fro basic function.
    Thanks
    Laurie
    I have used pocket informant but I think that was even over kill for what I wanted to do.

The biggest problem with PIM's is that they do not get used effectively.

I use the plain jane windows mobile PIM tools and it is working just fine. I manage 7 different location and over 200 employees with it but it took me a year to get a good system down.

Try out pocket informant but depending on what you want/need it may be overkill.

While you are testing out any program, spend a bit of time online looking for tips on working with PDA's and PIM's. There are some great resources out there and those are what helped me work out a great system.
    I use Pocket informant on my 700wx and sync to Act!on my PC through Companion link.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
  4.    #4  
    thanks. what sites did you go to? I am looking for something that will be on my desktop too to sync with.
    act.com is for the PC contact manager.
    Pocketinformant.com is for the 700wx

The newest version of Act comes with a link program for syncing through activesync.

Companionlink.com is more feature packed than the actlink but is spendy
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
  6.    #6  
    Can act snc through mobile device center for Vista users?
    The newest version should be compatible with both Vista and XP