1.    #1  
    Anyone notice that the Treo 700wx is no longer listed on the Sprint website? I think Sprint will post the 800w online today.
    It will be interesting to watch the website and see what happens ...
  3. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Very interesting indeed...
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Well im surprised they havent anounced the phone yet to the general public! Whats up with that and Ive called all my sprint stores around town and no one has the phone yet and doesnt even have a clue what Im talking about!!
    WTF? I dont understand this no one has this phone in my town yet? We have like 4 sprint stores and some kiosk in the mall!
    I noticed this too, but it was there yesterday. I called sprint store and they told me that they will put it out on the July 13
    I also noticed that the htc touch(not pro) went down to 199 for upgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyb_23 View Post
    Well im surprised they havent anounced the phone yet to the general public! Whats up with that and Ive called all my sprint stores around town and no one has the phone yet and doesnt even have a clue what Im talking about!!
    WTF? I dont understand this no one has this phone in my town yet? We have like 4 sprint stores and some kiosk in the mall!
    Sprint is obviously still screwed up on the "lets get everyone on the same page" idea.

My local store said it's launching the 15th...hooray!

Palm doesn't help either as this was a pretty disorganized launch from their end (and yeah, they were...umm...surprised to learn that it was shipping yesterday and you folks were buying them, lol)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    This launch seems typical for a Palm/Sprint effort, based on my recollections of previous Treo launches. Lots of confusion and misinformation. Seems like modern technology-based companies should be more organized. Look at Apple/AT&T.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    well im getting pissed! I might have to go stand in line at the fruit stand if this keeps up!!!! If you cant even orchestate a realease of a phone that is soo important to your buisness profitablity which sucks right now then wtf!!!!! THE WAY THIS IS GOING DOWN IS STARTING TO TURN ME OFF!!!!
    I wonder how many people would have bought this today rather than the iphone if they would have had some knowledge of the phone or were able to buy it today!! Well I might be one of them that goes to the darkside because of this mess!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Sprint is obviously still screwed up on the "lets get everyone on the same page" idea.

Palm doesn't help either as this was a pretty disorganized launch from their end (and yeah, they were...umm...surprised to learn that it was shipping yesterday and you folks were buying them, lol)
    ROFL

This means, from what we've heard from actual or attempted purchases, it was launched yesterday, and will launch again the 13th, and, from what you heard, the 15th as well.

ROFL.

surprised or upset? Should buyers expect the kind of treatment the 700p beta tester got?

I forgot his name...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyb_23 View Post
    I wonder how many people would have bought this today rather than the iphone if they would have had some knowledge of the phone or were able to buy it today!! Well I might be one of them that goes to the darkside because of this mess!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's the killer. At least allow people to RE-UP their contracts and buy this phone early if they want to, ahead of the iPhone release. If this phone gets half the marketing the iPhone did, it will be a best-seller for Palm.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    That's the killer. At least allow people to RE-UP their contracts and buy this phone early if they want to, ahead of the iPhone release. If this phone gets half the marketing the iPhone did, it will be a best-seller for Palm.
    yeah, not surpised...well a bit as I expected both companies were to have changed a bit lately...whoops!

Hey, at least the iPhone is evidently plagued with some software glitches....or rather Dieter said he was flipping out a bit yesterday with 2.0 on it and some news stories are saying the same

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    yeah, not surpised...well a bit as I expected both companies were to have changed a bit lately...whoops!

Hey, at least the iPhone is evidently plagued with some software glitches....or rather Dieter said he was flipping out a bit yesterday with 2.0 on it and some news stories are saying the same
    I've dealt with apple for the past five years or so and dealing with palm for over 11 or 12 years. I'd say the difference is that apple will quietly and quickly fix their issue while palm may never fix their issue or they will take a while. I'd hope for palm to prove me wrong, but I doubt it....

And I don't own or want an iphone... the reality of the companies as "I" see it....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    A couple of Sprint stores here in Charlotte have confirmed a July 13th launch, but they're closed on Sunday. So it's effectively a July 14th launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by slacker612 View Post
    The sprint website is showing that the 800W is on the site, but it is not available in my zip code according to the error message I get.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...eSKU=PTR800WHK
    It didn't show up for me...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    While I said I would wait for the Touch Pro, I am willing to give sprint another chance.

I called my local store, and they are willing to sell me an 800w...

Only thing is, from the reviews im not 100% happy with the phone. (but have been waiting so long for it)

Plus I will not get the nice little 150$ off discount (i have only had service for a year and a half)

so I will only get 75$ off for adding 2 more years onto my contract.... bah

so my price tag will be about 425$ which is a bit much for a phone I feel is not up to par.

Hearing all these conflicts with 3rd party apps sets me back alot (also to add in, something needs to change with that blue color.)

over all I may just have to bite my lip and go over, even though i swore i would never by a square screen device again for lack up software that works with it...
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    It didn't show up for me...
    The 800w didn't show up for me either. I tried several random zip codes around the country and couldn't find it listed in any of them. The 700 didn't show up either, though.