1.    #1  
    Just to clarify I just got off the phone with a telesales manager. The phone is backordered at this point. People placing there orders today through them have been quite possibly been placed in this backorder.

Now what I was told is that this could simply be because so many orders were placed this morning for the phone and have not been processed or the phone could actually be out of stock already.

They have no information on this - when, where, how - but you can monitor your order online. From my experience, when this happens it is corrected within a reasonable amount of time - even when they are out of stock. I would still expect to get your phone next week if you have one of the early backorders.

So relax, hope, and pray - if not for you - for me.
    Last edited by b3tt3r; 07/11/2008 at 10:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Okay, well I just canceled my order. Called the 866 number.. backordered, hope to have stock next week.. I called a couple local stores which have them in stock and available.. I'll go see if I can wheel and deal with them to get a good price. As soon as I canceled, my status changed on line to "order has been canceled", so I assume their inventory system/tracking system is functioning correctly. I was very surprised... as soon as I asked her to cancel the order, she okay thank you for calling sprint.. and hung up.. Checked status online.. still backordered, started to call 866 again, and at the same time refreshed the screen.. and it was changed to canceled. I didn't have to jump through any hoops to get it canceled.
    Last edited by tprevett; 07/11/2008 at 12:01 PM. Reason: added info
    Quote Originally Posted by b3tt3r View Post
    Just to clarify I just got off the phone with a telesales manager. The phone is backordered at this point. People placing there orders today through them have been quite possibly been placed in this backorder.

Now what I was told is that this could simply be because so many orders were placed this morning for the phone and have not been processed or the phone could actually be out of stock already.

They have no information on this - when, where, how - but you can monitor your order online. From my experience, when this happens it is corrected within a reasonable amount of time - even when they are out of stock. I would still expect to get your phone next week if you have one of the early backorders.

So relax, hope, and pray - if not for you - for me.

Just called the 866-789-8294 and my phone shows in the warehouse. no tracking number yet! Monday delivery I guess will be assumed!
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Just called the 866-789-8294 and my phone shows in the warehouse. no tracking number yet! Monday delivery I guess will be assumed!
    when did you place your order?
    Just got off the phone with Retentions. They have plenty, I asked.
  6.    #6  
    I ordered at 10am and it was backordered. They said it processed then I checked my order and it is backordered. Called back in and confirmed it is backordered. So they are backordered. Get it through a store if you can find one. Retention may have a seperate inventory as people looking to cancel probably aren't ok with waiting.