Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    i hate how UPS doesn't delivery on saturdays. it's half an hour away from me and i can't even get it. monday like mostly everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    I got a UPS tracking e-mail. They are delivering mine today (saturday). Yayyyyyyyy.
    How did you pull that off?
    Far I remember from my AP days you can get Sat UPS deliver but it cost MONEY. its not a regular shipment. UPS does not ship on SAT-SUN for regular Ground BUT you can go to the local depo which I have done. Its 10 minutes from me in NJ and I called them and they said they had it there for Monday shipment so I drove over and picked it up. the Shipping depos are open on Saturday. If its there you can get it.
    where is the hub in nj?
    Sweet, supposed to get it later today according to UPS! Got a tracking number and confirmation email from Sprint this morning - they shipped it around 1am by Next Day Air and it's already 20 minutes from my house..

Quote Originally Posted by 800w4me View Post
    Been reading this forum for a while, but new here...

Update to my previous post.. I called again and asked for an email confirmation (I'm a SERO customer, so was transferred to the department that handles SERO, whatever it is).. Though it says it's backordered when I check the status online, it says FULFILLMENT_HOLD in the email confirmation, which I take it means they're holding the order until the official Sunday release, so it'll ship on Monday.

Order Summary

Order Number: tm-****-*******
    Order Line Details
    ----------------------------------
    Product Details: Palm Treo 800W
    Quantity: 1
    SKU: PTR800HK
    Promotion Code:

Product Details: JU82******-SERO JUN08 JUL08 REBATE
    Quantity: 1
    SKU: JU82******
    Promotion Code:

Rate Plan and Service Estimated Monthly Charges:
    (excludes taxes & certain charges) 0.00

Estimated Shipping: 0.00

Estimated Tax: 29.40

Account Setup Fee: 0.00

Total: 379.39

Billing Information:
    ------------
    Shipping Information:
    --------------
    Shipping timeframe: 3-5 days
    Instinct shipping timeframe: Due to a higher than expected demand of the Instinct, it may take up to 2 weeks for you to receive your phone.

wasn't sure what the SKU number was, hence the ******
    Well my package made it to the Herdon Fed Ex facility at 11:00am today, but they tell me since it isn't planned to be sorted till Monday morning they don't have the staff to pull it off the truck today and they would only do it anyway if it were medicine or some other critical item. Well I guess this doesn't qualify.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    As posted above by some members..

Checking the status through the phone, (which I can't see on desktop)

it says, "Your Package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 7/14/2008"

have to wait then till Monday..
    Called Sprint back about the order

Had been promised an overnight shipping/delivery...

UPS won't deliver till Monday..

Received Save Credit = $12.00
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Far I remember from my AP days you can get Sat UPS deliver but it cost MONEY. its not a regular shipment. UPS does not ship on SAT-SUN for regular Ground BUT you can go to the local depo which I have done. Its 10 minutes from me in NJ and I called them and they said they had it there for Monday shipment so I drove over and picked it up. the Shipping depos are open on Saturday. If its there you can get it.
    The main distribution center is closed on saturdays as well. How is that possible?
    Mine was also promised as overnight delivery, but my shipping was already free, so calling and complaining would be just overdoing it probably. Oh well, would've loved to play with the device on my day off, but I'll settle for getting it Monday!
    Quote Originally Posted by ouchrislitt View Post
    Mine was also promised as overnight delivery, but my shipping was already free, so calling and complaining would be just overdoing it probably. Oh well, would've loved to play with the device on my day off, but I'll settle for getting it Monday!
    It should be noted that my call was only to inquire about the delivery date (not to complain why it hadnt been delivered yet...),
    but *2 male rep commented that the phone should have been delivered by now and then forwarded my call to a different department
    where a female rep started with, "Sir, you have been promised an overnight delivery, right? So I am going to give you a SAVE credit of $12.00"

OK.. I was quiet the whole time when she was filling in the form for the credit..

And of course, I was grateful and said, "Thank you very much..."
    Yeah, I complained (very, very politely) about the shipping/hold (this was before it was shipped to UPS late last night) to eCare at Sprint as well about my price.

I got the phone for $599 minus $75 for 1 year upgrade.

But after eCare they knocked it down to $349, which I'm quite okay with as every bit helps here ;-)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    How did you pull that off?
    D'oh!!! I was wrong. It was sent yesterday via next day air, but it now shows scheduled delivery on Monday. It is sitting in a warehouse about 15 minutes away.

I jumped to a wrong conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    D'oh!!! I was wrong. It was sent yesterday via next day air, but it now shows scheduled delivery on Monday. It is sitting in a warehouse about 15 minutes away.

I jumped to a wrong conclusion.
    Yes, yes... we are all in the same position. My little 2lb package is sitting at UPS, exactly 10-15 minutes away from my front door, waiting to be shipped on Monday. I am retarded and called to see if i could pick it up. They told me that all of the stores and hubs are closed on Saturday, so the answer was no. I retorted, "but surely I can pick up a 2lb package! It has been handled today, someone has to be there." To which UPS said, "We are sorry sir, but we cannot grant your request." Slowly starting to panic, and as a last ditch effort, I begged, "I hope that my sick grandmother can survive for two more days, until that package arrives."

That Damn Mr. BROWN on the phone laughed... loud and hard.
    I hung up.

Oh well, Monday it is.
  14. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider View Post
    That Damn Mr. BROWN on the phone laughed... loud and hard.
    Now that's funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by slow_boy View Post
    The main distribution center is closed on saturdays as well. How is that possible?

Sorry , Your right I was thinking Fedex. there both on the same road but Fedex is open on Saturday mornings and UPS is closed. I believe it was Tinton Falls NJ .
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    The reason UPS can't give you your package is because it's still buried somewhere in a trailer. They are unloaded starting around 3-4am, loaded into the package cars (brown trucks), and then the cars leave to deliver the packages. It's a different story if they've already tried to deliver it once, as then it's still sitting on the package car, but if it hasn't been attempted yet, it doesn't get unloaded until a few hours before it leaves the hub.

I had to help dig a package out of a trailer probably 15 years ago on a Saturday, and that really, really was not fun. Had to unload 75% of a trailer with 1500 packages on it, having to keep all the packages inside the trailer since the belts weren't running, looking at the label of every single one to find this package. I hope it was worth it!

Obviously I work for Big Brown... And no, I can't get my phone any faster! Although I am going to call the delivery center and see if the NDA Saver package can be delivered with our early morning delivery. That is possible...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345