Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Does anyone know when Best Buy will start selling the 800w? I have to return my instinct, which was a big let down back to Best Buy and swap out for the 800w! Also how hard is it going to do the 30 day swap out and what about the sprint everything plan they made me sign up for am I stuck with it or can I get a different plan now that I will not have the Instinct anymore.
    Also can someone explain to me how and what Sero is and how I would go about getting it for my family plan, I need about 2000 mins a month unlimited data, unlimited text and picture mail (family plan). Any info would be greatly appreciated THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!
    I was in the same situation. I bought my phone yesterday through telesales, then i will wait till i get it and activate it. Then i will go to Best Buy to return my instinct and get my $130 back. I was surprised but Sprint gave me all the discounts even before returning my instinct.
    Hard to say when and if Best Buy will get it. All Centros are in store, but as of now for most stores, that is it. I know for a fact as of Wednesday, that the device was not in their system period. Didn't even say in-stock date, or anything of the sort. Since many stores are going with the big mobile section now and are carrying more then what they used to have, i'd assume it would be there. I'm going to see if the system shows it in there now, or not. I will also check and see if a shipment came in today, but wont go out till next week. Sometimes that happens where they are shipped, but wont put them out until a reset. So Sun morning would be a new ad set (not that it would be in the ad) but it would be time for them to change things out in general. That is obviously the 13th, so who knows.

I'll try to find out more later tonight on if it will be in store or not. And the system will show it PERIOD, even if some stores dont carry it. It would be a general search term where you could see if it would be stocked at ANY store. Again, as of Wednesday, NO. Not to say it wont pop up out of the blue. I doubt too it would only be on the website. Hard to say. Rumor has it too the iPhone is going to show up, but I haven't checked on that. The iPhone isn't my first priority.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    hmm? Just got off the phone with someone in the "cell phone" dept at best buy and they said the were not going to be gettting any treo 800w then said thats for vzw right? I informed her no for sprint, then she said casually oh not for sprint either! WTF why cant people who sell cell phones actually know anything about their buissness??? This hard to beleive that best buy will not be selling the new treo but sell every other treo! Can anyone else confirm this?? I really like buying my cell phones from best buy because they give u the mir in store at time of purchase no mailing and waiting 3 months on your money to come in the snail mail!
    It's because not everyone in that department knows as much as we do, or are gadget freaks like we are. I could ask the people who work in that section about a Treo PERIOD, and I am sure only 2-3 would know what I was talking about. Now that they have the Centro, they ALL should.

Like I said... I will get the info for you, and report back. Forget other people who work there unless they are on here too, cause you'll be disappointed.
    Thanks, Quickstang. I'm looking forward to hearing what you are able to find out.
    Well, as of Friday night there was nothing in the system period. I'll check again on Monday, as well as check different states to see if it is possibly in there. There also seemed to be no news as of yet either (talk about it in store)

My guess would be it will be AFTER it is released. I cant really see Best Buy not carrying it period especially with the new Best Buy Mobile dept in many stores.

I'll update you on Monday
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    The 800w is in the Best Buy system. It shows a release date of July 27th, however this is not a hard date. Example, the Instinct showed a date in the Best Buy system that was later then the actual release date. Bottom line, Best Buy as a company will carry it. Not every store will (even with the updated Best Buy Mobile), and in this part of the country our warehouses don't even have it yet to ship to the stores. It might be anywhere from 1-4 weeks imo. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks, Stang & Duck - the info is appreciated. I, for one, would like to get my 800w from Bestbuy if I decide to upgrade from my 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by uoducks View Post
    The 800w is in the Best Buy system. It shows a release date of July 27th, however this is not a hard date. Example, the Instinct showed a date in the Best Buy system that was later then the actual release date. Bottom line, Best Buy as a company will carry it. Not every store will (even with the updated Best Buy Mobile), and in this part of the country our warehouses don't even have it yet to ship to the stores. It might be anywhere from 1-4 weeks imo. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Interesting. I may check tomorrow and see what pops up. Sure it wont be a hard date, and never is. Also too, you're right about it not being in every store. I think I by accident was checking the local store and not other stores. So that could be why you saw it and I didn't.

I do know for instance, that my store doesn't carry any Treo BUT the Centro. But then if you checked say Denver, Kansas City, and other big cities, you'd end up seeing the other Treos in their stores.

They usually go by market, and demand for the devices. I'd like to get the SKU on the device and see if I can find it that way. If you happen to get that before Monday uoducks, post it. If not i'll search for it Monday evening.

My guess is that some of you will get lucky (your store will carry it) and others you wont get lucky. Another thing is to see if it ends up on the Best Buy website.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    any one have any new info on this???
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I don't know what area you are in but I know that in my area of the country the phones are currently in our distribution centers. In my estimation should hit stores sometime in the next week or two tops.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    im in nc and i have untill the 20th due to the return policy on the pos i bought (INSTINK) do you think they will have it then so i can return this and get the 800w or no?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Off the top of my head I would say 50/50. If you give me until tomorrow I can give you a better idea.
    The SKU is in the system (actually 2 SKU's, one each for a dummy and the real one), but there's no availability and no store has them. The SKU's have been there since about a week before the official launch date. B.B.Mobile have not received any info on availability.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyb_23 View Post
    im in nc and i have untill the 20th due to the return policy on the pos i bought (INSTINK) do you think they will have it then so i can return this and get the 800w or no?
    I could check NC stores, but I dont think that would help much if others have said there is no availability yet. My guess is that all stores will show 0

My guess too would be they would say... "Not carried by location" at the moment.

We'll keep checking though, but it might be a few weeks until we know what stores will get them. I dont think we'll know in 5 days though by the time you need to return the Instink. lol
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I checked a couple of NC stores and there are some that will carry the 800w. None that I saw have them yet (don't know which ones are closest to you, sorry) but there are a couple that will be getting them soon. No clue if it will be before your deadline or not...sorry couldn't be more help.
    I've got ONE inbound allocated for my store, and it is the real model SKU.

I find it odd though that only one is coming in. Not sure what the reasoning is behind that. The mobile guys said they cant see having a live phone as the display, but anything is possible. Besides that I see a few other stores with one, or two.

The DC in my area says they have 246, so my guess is those 246 will be shipped out sometime in the next few weeks or so to stores

I think the price (before any discounts) was shown at like $749 or in that area.
    at work now and we are geting 1 treo in tonight. only one other store in the district is getting one. I just have decided if I want it or not. I guess I have 30 days.