Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Apparently, with the Simply Everything Plan, PAM is not an available add on (If that has changed in the last month or so since I checked, feel free to correct me). Which seems stupid - I was ready, willing and able to to pay an extra $15 -$20 a month for some type of PAM, but Sprint won't sell it. Last I heard, they were "thinking" about adding some type of PAM to the SEP....
    Yeah, thats what I read as well, they were going to allow it as a add on to the Simply Everything Plan, but I read that about 3-4wks ago or so. I posted a link to the site where I read it from on one of these topics on here. Found it over at Phonenews.com
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by svx View Post
    Point? Trolling?
    It works fine for those of us that pay for it.

I could understand cases where while paying for it, there might be tweaks and system settings that could even make it work better, faster and more reliable.

When I signed up for it was only $39.99 a month - dirt cheap for a unlimited wireless data plan.

Mark.
    Hey guys, just to let everyone know, WMWifiRouter VERSION 1.2 works flawless on my Treo 800w. You can use it for USB, Bluetooth or Wifi connections. The Wifi connection is awesome. My two laptops (running vista) both connect perfect. My Ipod Touch also connects up to the Treo via Wifi as well! Best money I have spent so far on Windows Mobile software.

In my area, my laptops connected to the internet via wifi with WMWifiRouter have an download/upload speed of 750/274. Good enough for me.

I also have PDAnet on my phone. It works fine but not as good as the WMWifiRouter does.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbloof View Post
    It works fine for those of us that pay for it.

I could understand cases where while paying for it, there might be tweaks and system settings that could even make it work better, faster and more reliable.

When I signed up for it was only $39.99 a month - dirt cheap for a unlimited wireless data plan.

Mark.
    Oh I am paying for it. Just need to make sure I am paying for the right service and have it do what I need it to do. I use it as a basic phone on my family plan, but need it for data access for work. I am paying for Vision now. What does this reg hack actually do?

Quote Originally Posted by tony@starkavionics.c View Post
    Hey guys, just to let everyone know, WMWifiRouter VERSION 1.2 works flawless on my Treo 800w. You can use it for USB, Bluetooth or Wifi connections. The Wifi connection is awesome. My two laptops (running vista) both connect perfect. My Ipod Touch also connects up to the Treo via Wifi as well! Best money I have spent so far on Windows Mobile software.

In my area, my laptops connected to the internet via wifi with WMWifiRouter have an download/upload speed of 750/274. Good enough for me.

I also have PDAnet on my phone. It works fine but not as good as the WMWifiRouter does.
    This has to brutalize the battery life, but is just too cool if it can do this!

Thanx!
    Last edited by svx; 09/24/2008 at 10:54 PM.
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

Radio Shack TRS-80--> Palm Pilot Professional--> TRG Pro--> Sprint Neopoint 1000--> Sprint Touchpoint 3000--> Ipaq 3650--> Ipaq 3850--> Ipaq 2215--> Treo 600--> Cingular 2125--> Cingular 8525 / HTC Hermes--> Blackberry 8800--> Samsung Blackjack i607--> Motorola Q--> Blackberry Curve 8300--> Sprint HTC Touch--> Treo 800W--> Sprint HTC Touch Pro--> Treo 800W (again)--> Palm Pre--> Treo 800W (again, again)--> Sprint HTC Hero--> Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Yeah, thats what I read as well, they were going to allow it as a add on to the Simply Everything Plan, but I read that about 3-4wks ago or so. I posted a link to the site where I read it from on one of these topics on here. Found it over at Phonenews.com
    THANKS for the info both of you.
    I am still thinking about the 800w.
    I know some folks have said that if you use the phone as a modem for too long outside of Sprint's paid service that they will "come after you". But is there anything in the customer agreement, that forbids us from doing phone as modem on our own?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Coming from a Mogul, I've long used the PAM feature on the phone. Many skeptics say that Sprint will catch on to you if you use it too long or too often, but I've found that as long as you use it only for casual browsing and not downloading massive files, you will be fine.
    But does anything in writing actually forbid phone as modem use and if not what grounds does Sprint have to go after anyone?

I once knew the answer to that question in detail, but have since forgotten and hope someone can refresh my memory.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Ok I've been pulling my hair out over this for two days now with these forums as my only silent advisor, so I have to ask;

I won't pretend to be an expert on WM6.1 or the 800w, and this is quite honestly the first reg edit I've ever done.

I've followed the mentioned path to IChelper.dll (mispelled I know), but the actual name "Extension" is highlighted green and cannot be changed, I've even went as far as deleting the .dll intirely and changing it to "Extension2", any help with this would be greatly appreciated, step by step for us reg editing nubs, I need this phone up as I run a business from its IS services.

If only all phones were as easy to share internet with as the BB curve... sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I know some folks have said that if you use the phone as a modem for too long outside of Sprint's paid service that they will "come after you". But is there anything in the customer agreement, that forbids us from doing phone as modem on our own?
    From what I can read on the TOS they could cancel you but would not be able to charge the ETF.

I think they probably have foresee this would happen more and more with smart phones. With one cheap click solutions being highlighted in the New York Times they are probably going to have tens of thousands of customers doing this. So I don't think they can do anything from a business perspective without losing the higher demographic business customer they desperately need.

They have to make a calculation that is more a business decision then the fine print on the TOS. Will penalizing users of this move those users to PAM? Will current payers of PAM leave PAM for the alternatives?

I dont think anyone who isn't on pam will move to pam. My guess is that almost everyone using the work around is doing so very occasionally. They are more likly not to go with PAM anyway, or of they do getting it for the days they need and insisting on a prorated cost for the limited days. Those calls of adding and removing pam probably cost more to Sprint then letting people use pam one or two day a month throuygh the workarounds.

The third issue of how to contain abuse was already taken care of with the 5gb caps.

The real questions for them is whether they will lose current PAM customers. It cant be to hard for them to write a program to see how many customers who a) drop pam; but b) stay with sprint; also c) download typically non smartphone data off their smartphone. One guy could write a program in a few hours to collect this data and in a month or two they would know if they have a trend to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

The third issue of how to contain abuse was already taken care of with the 5gb caps.
    Perhaps I missed when that was introduced, but we have a monthly 5GB data limit with Sprint on devices with "unlimited" data plans?
    Sure, it has been that way what, 3 or 4 months now.
    Battery life is not bad at all. I have the 2600 mh battery though. That makes all the difference in the world.
    Is there a set of final steps that has been proven to work? I am guessing this requires an activesync setup with the PC & the Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Is there a set of final steps that has been proven to work? I am guessing this requires an activesync setup with the PC & the Treo?
    When you run the Treo as a modem your computer will pick it up as a modem, not a network connection.

Just do the reg hack and that's pretty much it.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Well, I tried adding PAM to my plan, but I have the Simply Everything plan, so they said it wasn't "compatible." So I bought WMWiFiRouter. It works fantastic! For a $30 one-time fee, I got my Internet Connection Sharing solution.

I tried to do it the most profitible way for Sprint and they refused. Their loss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Well, I tried adding PAM to my plan, but I have the Simply Everything plan, so they said it wasn't "compatible." So I bought WMWiFiRouter. It works fantastic! For a $30 one-time fee, I got my Internet Connection Sharing solution.

I tried to do it the most profitible way for Sprint and they refused. Their loss!
    What is Sprint thinking?!!!! Either they want people to work outside of their services or they just are clueless.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony@starkavionics.c View Post

I have tried and it never connects keeps dropping when trying to turn on internet sharing. Also tried USBModem but no good either. WMwifi worked at work once but when i got home it wouldn't work on my laptop. Any help would be gretaly appreciated. Also now since trying usbmodem an deleting the driver and applying the one from software my phone won't sync now with laptop.
    Ok i know someone has got be able to give me a few pointers on fixing this. t/y
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I just bought WMWIFIROUTER tonight.. It has to be the best mony I spend also .. about $30.. I am using the latest verison on my 800W and using WIFI with my ASUS NETBOOK I was able to get onto the internet just as if I was using a regular wifi router with my home internet.. WOW!!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast