Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Weatherpanel works.
    I don't know if it's been mentioned but some software called RealVGA helped with app compatibility on the 320x320 i780

http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?showtopic=98420
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Garmin XT is working very good with the internal GPS.

Excellent. I'm sure someone will figure out how to make TomTom work as well. Maybe it's as simple as downloading a newer version.

Some advice from Mogul/Touch GPS users could be helpful. BeeLineGPS, TurboGPS and GPS Tuner don't even seem to recognize the GPS, even with manual settings.
    This was mentioned in the first post.

SPB Pocket Plus-All versions working
    To clarify, that is under the "Not Working" heading.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    To clarify, that is under the "Not Working" heading.
    You are absolutely correct. You know what is funny is that I originally posted it in the 'not working' column. I even went back and checked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Weatherpanel works.
    f'ing hilarous...

A program which hasn't been updated in 2-3 years, has the owner/programmer MIA and has been hacked by the community to continue working, is fine on the brand new 800w.

Yet, a bunch of other apps do not. Guess we know the good programmers from the bad

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    You are absolutely correct. You know what is funny is that I originally posted it in the 'not working' column. I even went back and checked it.
    Well, I'm the foolish one for missing it in the first place!

I hope you guys are indeed trying RealVGA as mentioned above. It seems to have made life much better for the i780 folks. The SPB programs (among other programs) worked for them with RealVGA.

I am still interested to hear if Phatnotes works. That program is by far my favorite.
    Google maps installed for me. But when I select USE GPS in the google maps settings it says it cant find the GPS.

Thoughts?

ETA: Nevermind... GPS needs a good line of sight outdoors. I was buried inside a building in Manhattan so I walked outside and it picked up my location. Very nice. Program works fine.
    Last edited by DjPiLL; 07/11/2008 at 05:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Tried realVGA... my device gave Shell32.exe error once I enabled the speed dial
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    WisBar 3 works, but I can't find a decent skin to work with the 320x320 screen.
    Last edited by NRG; 07/12/2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Forgot the ('t)
    is anyone else having issues with pieplus v 2.2? the menu/options are messed up. I imported the registry settings from my 700wx, but I can't seem to configure it as is.
    So basically 2+ years of Palm supposedly perfecting this device for release and this is what we get?

Tell me SPB Mobile Shell works or I'm not picking mine up on Sunday.
    Treo Alert Pro is not working. I am getting what appears to be a Windows error when the program actually tries to control the LED. Install and setup was smooth. First sms- error city.

Anyone have any idea for LED control?

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Wisbar Lite works great too.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Treo Alert Pro is not working. I am getting what appears to be a Windows error when the program actually tries to control the LED. Install and setup was smooth. First sms- error city.

-Rob
    This is a whole new device and, as such, new drivers are probably being used for things like the LED and keyboard. Old apps that utilize old drivers will probably have to be re-written for this device.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.

-Rob
    I'll get TA working on the 800w once I get my device.
    Hi all..
    Well, these are not working for me;

KeyLight app from Bruce over at PocketMax
    Hidelogocab from PPCGeeks
    s2u2 from xda
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    Hi all..
    Well, these are not working for me;

KeyLight app from Bruce over at PocketMax
    Hidelogocab from PPCGeeks
    s2u2 from xda
    I don't know about the last two but the first one is specific to the Treo 7xx series so I'm not surprised there.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Seems every new Treo handles the key lights differently. I'm sure we'll figure it out.
    All of the software I had on my 700wx will not work on the 800w. I thought I would post results here.

The today theme "business.tsk" that I got here works:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=125878

To change the today theme and make the text black, "UI Tweaker" works:
    http://mobile-sg.com/software/?p=UITweaker&platform=ppc

"Soft Reset for PPC" works:
    http://www.megaone.com/fengwei/ppc.htm#SoftReset_
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast