Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 344
  1. #321  
    AIM for Windows Mobile now supports 320x320.

    http://beta.aol.com/projects.php?project=aimwinmobile
  2. #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    AIM for Windows Mobile now supports 320x320.

    http://beta.aol.com/projects.php?project=aimwinmobile

    Is this different than what came with the 800w? Will installing it still work in the current tab system with the other IM programs?
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  3. #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Is this different than what came with the 800w? Will installing it still work in the current tab system with the other IM programs?
    This is "the" AIM client for Window Mobile. It is beta and a work in progress, but it's coming along nicely. The one that came with the phone is an AIM compatible client.
  4. #324  
    I just gave the AIM program a shot. It's cool that it shows the away messages and you can read infos, but three points that irk me. First one is that it is pretty laggy when I try to move around using the D-Pad. Second is that I couldnt find a way to get the little AIM bublble off of my today screen (dont need extra things taking up space. Last of all, it was just taking 8MB of ram while it was running. The first two seem to be more bothersome, but I guess the last isn't too bad since the treo can handle it, but compared to the built in IM program its pretty sad.

    My 2 cents
  5. #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    I just gave the AIM program a shot. It's cool that it shows the away messages and you can read infos, but three points that irk me. First one is that it is pretty laggy when I try to move around using the D-Pad. Second is that I couldnt find a way to get the little AIM bublble off of my today screen (dont need extra things taking up space. Last of all, it was just taking 8MB of ram while it was running. The first two seem to be more bothersome, but I guess the last isn't too bad since the treo can handle it, but compared to the built in IM program its pretty sad.

    My 2 cents
    Yeah, I've already given feedback on the 1st 2 items.
  6. #326  
    Hey everyone - I stumbled across this thread doing some research so I thought I'd add to the list.

    So first and honest - I work for Implicit Software Solutions Inc

    However - that also means that I know almost of all of software works on the 800w (I think everything except iSS SciCalc will scale nicely).

    You can check the website for a complete list but I'll specifically mention a few:

    iSS Essentials
    iSS Battery Monitor
    iSS Calculator Pro
    iSS File Explorer Pro
    iSS GamePack 1
    iSS GamePack 2
    iSS Registry Editor
    iSS Sudoku Pack
    iSS Task Manager

    And if I'm wrong about anything (ie you find a bug on the 800w) just send me a message directly or through our support page and we'll get it fixed asap.

    Cheers

    Adrian
  7. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #327  
    I just discovered locr. I think it's a German company. You can get it at http://www.locr.com. It allows you to take pictures, add geotagging, and upload them to a free account. So it's like Flickr or Splashphoto, but it has geotagging and photo upload in one application. And it's free, unless you need more storage (just like Flickr), and it works flawlessly on the 800w. It also has links to the locr Web site, including a link to your own pictures and pictures that were taken near your current location. On your desktop, you can access a map view like Flickr, plus your friends' pictures, etc.

    I recommend it. In fact, add me to your friends. I'm Rhody, of course.

    EDIT: Ok, it doesn't work "flawlessly." It's supposed to automatically add geotagging, but apparently due to a bug, you have to manually add the last known GPS location, which is still a lot better than doing it with GPSToday.

    EDIT2: Another flaw is that you should exit using the menu; otherwise, it leaves a blank strip at the bottom of the Today screen.
    Last edited by Rhody; 09/28/2008 at 01:22 PM.
  8. #328  
    spb time doesn't work at all! cannot even see the menu!
  9. #329  
    I've been using SPB Time on my 800w since the 2nd day I had the Treo. What menu can you not see?
  10. #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I've been using SPB Time on my 800w since the 2nd day I had the Treo. What menu can you not see?
    There are tabs at the bottom of the screen below the clock display that you cannot see on a stock 800w. I'm sure people with the vga fix can see them.

    I wrote to them and they said they don't support the 320x320 resolution at this time.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  11. #331  
    You don't need the tabs under the clock display to have it do everything you need. And no, I don't have VGA.
  12. #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    You don't need the tabs under the clock display to have it do everything you need. And no, I don't have VGA.
    Maybe you don't need it to fit your screen but I installed it on mine and several parts were not user friendly if I can't see them.

    Looks like a worthwhile app but I'll wait until it's made to work with the resolution.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  13. #333  
    I use the 5 way nav to get to each of the components. They all seem to work okay.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  14. #334  
    With 17 pages and growing, it would really be nice if the first post was updated to provide the latest/greatest working / not working list (2 confirm posts)...
  15. #335  
    Has anyone finally had luck with Resco backup?
  16. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Has anyone finally had luck with Resco backup?
    Why are you using that instead of the one that is included with the device?
  17. #337  
    I'm not...it wasn't working with the 800w when I first got it, so I have been (fairly happily) using Sprite backup. However, I much prefer the flexibility of Resco Backup so I'd like to return to it if it's been updated to work with the 800w.
  18. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I'm not...it wasn't working with the 800w when I first got it, so I have been (fairly happily) using Sprite backup. However, I much prefer the flexibility of Resco Backup so I'd like to return to it if it's been updated to work with the 800w.
    What kind of flex are you speaking of?
  19. #339  
    Ahhhhhhhhh...so glad you asked!

    With Resco you can set up multiple profiles and have a whole array of full or incremental backups. You can determine a total number of backups to keep - and this is something that should work better on Sprite, but doesn't - so that if I choose to keep 7 backups, on the 8th backup it deletes the first backup. (For some reason if I set a limit on Sprite, when it reaches the limit it simply stops backing up.)

    The restore options seem to be equally flexible on Resco. For example, I can restore an individual file, folder, or restore by application if I so choose. And while I can do most of this on Sprite, the interface is easier on Resco.
  20. #340  
    '
    '
    How about Blackberry Connect v4.1?
    '
    '
    Answered by JohnnyMac (Thanks JohnnyMac!):

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=576

    Nope - Blackberry Connect was last supported on a Cingular 650. No support for BBC on any more-recent devices. I know your IT guys will say 'we only support Blackberry' but if you use Exchange at your company, you can very likely use EAS - Exchange ActiveSync. Do you guys use Exchange?
    Last edited by rocketman002; 11/24/2008 at 07:57 AM.
    -------------------------------------------
    "Identify, Analyze, Decide, Resolve, Learn"

    Treo 800w
    Treo 700p

Posting Permissions