Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pjhollin View Post
    PI8 seems to work for me, too, with one possible exception which I note below. At least it does what it seems to be designed to do. Unfortunately, it appears to be a major step backwards from the Rev 4 I was using on my Wizard and 6945, which won't install on WM 6.1. It seems WebIS has given more emphasis to working with non-touchscreen devices. To wit: on rev 4 there was a bar at the bottom that had icons for all the views and the left softkey was for New items. PI8 has done away with the icon bar and replaced New with Views. So now to change from Calendar to Contacts I must tap (I'm a stylus guy, not a button guy) Views, then tap the Contacts icon instead of just tapping the Contacts icon on the icon bar. And if I want a new item, I have to tap Menu, then New, instead of the former New button. Two taps now instead of one for both those frequently used actions.

Here's where the possible exception to it working correctly comes in. There is a Menu item titled Touch Mode which appears to be non-functional. Selected or not, I don't notice any difference in PI8's behavior. I'm wondering if it is intended to give back the lost touchscreen functions I described above. I guess I'll check around for info on that.

Also, PI8 doesn't appear to have Utilities functions that rev 4 had to delete all appointments, all contacts, etc.

And there used to be a choice to make PI the default PIM. It seems to do that automatically now. Worse, I no longer can find the builtin calendar and contacts programs. They aren't on the Programs screen and I can't locate them in File Explorer. I'm wandering if PI8 deleted them??? Did they disappear from anyone else's 800w?

I've sworn by PI for 7 years since my PPC 2002 days, but now I'm swearing AT it and I may be looking for a different PIM. I've still got 12 days left on the trial to get used to it.
    If you go into the settings you can select to have the old icon menu at the bottom of your screen. PI 8 has most of the features of the older versions but you have to enable them through settings. I have been using PI since the beginning and PI 8 is better than all of them. Still some kinks but they are providing updates all of the time. PI is pretty advanced and there are many options that most users don't even know about. You need to review the manual or read the PI forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    i did, skype part of it didn't work. did you give it a try?
    Yes, I use it and yes it works. I had trouble the first time trying to get it to register, but I deleted it and reinstalled it. Worked fine after that.

Cheers, Surf
    Thanks, techgeek, for the response. Earlier this week I went to the PI forum and opened a topic. Don responded with the answers. It seems my basic problem was that I had downloaded the smartphone version instead of the ppc version so I didn't have all the ppc options available to me. I didn't even know there were different versions until I went to their forum. After I dl'd the correct version most of my issues were resolved, so I bought it and am happy with it.

The only serious issue left is that the calendar monthly date picker doesn't work correctly with stylus taps with the 320x320 screen. Alex is aware of this problem, so I'll live with using the navigation keys until it is fixed.

Oh, and the uninstall via Remove Programs appeared to leave behind some PI keys in the registry that resulted in a bad reinstall, so I manually deleted the keys. However, I didn't do this enough times to verify it is a persistent problem.
    Sharp Zaurus 5700/5800 > Rex 5000/6000 > HP Jornada 568 > Kyo 7135 > T-Mo MDA (Wizard) > iPaq 6945 > Treo 800w > Acer F900 > T-Mo HD2
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmcg View Post
    I have Pocket Tunes installed with the 320x320 skin but when I attempt to turn off the screen, the music will play for about 10-15 seconds and then begin skipping!

I have the screen saver on but it seems that something goes into low power mode and causes the music to cease. When I turn the screen back on, everything resumes back to normal (and music plays again).

I'm hoping that I don't have to leave the dang screen on every time I play music with Pocket Tunes!!!!
    Pocket Tunes works perfectly for myself.

Make sure you are using the latest version (4.1.1--August 6th) which fixes some bugs, perhaps yours.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    is there a program that works that allows you to use your finger for easy scrolling? I believe spb pocket plus does this, but it is not compatible. itd be nice to have something that works the way the touch scroll is in resco explorer, except it works everywhere... IE, contacts, etc. any ideas?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Pocket eSword doesnt work at all.

Not only are the graphic squashed, when I set it to the right path for the bible, it still doesnt pick it up.

Does the Skype work for the chat only? I only want to chat on it.
    Laridian PocketBible for Smartphone works OK (may be an old program-I purchased this years ago for my Sierra Wireless VoQ running Wm2003).
    Life is a carnival, believe it or not,
    Life is a carnival, two bits a shot
    Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    Please add to the list of working:
    AlarmClock (freeware)
    Magic Button (freeware)
    vTap (freeware; amazing video search / player; already a thread on this)
    pocket RAR (freeware)
    ftxPBrowser (freeware; multi-tabs plug-in for I.E.)

works, but buggy:
    Resco file explorer (freeware; bottom part covered by task bar)

any suggestions for apps (freeware) that are better than ones listed above?

For file explorer, try Total Commander instead. Info Download
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Skype works fine.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Handango NOW claims:
    Spb Pocket Plus 4.0.2 - New Version! The Best PPC Program (Microsoft Award 2006)

Compatible with your Palm Treo 800w
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...roductId=50351

SPB says:

Requirements: Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 5 or Windows Mobile 6 (320х320 devices are not supported)
    http://spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/?en

Is it possible that SPB hasn't updated their website yet?

I Haven't tried yet..
    Last edited by PalmDM; 08/19/2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: *title===>"believe"
    Just found a cool app that works great on the Treo 800w. It's called MyMobiler and is a cool remote desktop app. http://www.mymobiler.com/

Lets you control your 800w from you regular computer when hooked up to sync. I'm using the USB cable, don't know if it works through a Bluetooth connection.

You can use your mouse and keyboard to control the phone and cut and paste data from one to the other as well as drag and drop files.

Pretty handy.
    Nice find NicksGarage - and can't beat the price! I'm using SOTI Pocket Controller at home, but I'll definitely try installing this one at work!
    Noticed on the inital post waiting for confirmation on a couple of programs I have already tried.

BeelineGPS works if the COM port is set to COM0 on the control applet, with this setting the program with find the GPS port and work correctly. It will not show signal strength but will work within the constrains of the aGPS functionality.

PIEPlus have not been updated in a long time. Loads and seems to work correctly on the Treo800w, but when accessing the setting menu is difficult do to the 320x320 resolution that this program does not support.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo

Not only are the graphic squashed, when I set it to the right path for the bible, it still doesnt pick it up.
    Confirmed, does not work.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    PIEPlus have not been updated in a long time. Loads and seems to work correctly on the Treo800w, but when accessing the setting menu is difficult do to the 320x320 resolution that this program does not support.
    I emailed reensoft about this back in July and I got a response saying this would be fixed in the next drop so there is hope.

It's still quite functional as is. Also it works perfectly using RealVGA in 96 dpi mode. fyi
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Just found a cool app that works great on the Treo 800w. It's called MyMobiler and is a cool remote desktop app. http://www.mymobiler.com/

Lets you control your 800w from you regular computer when hooked up to sync. I'm using the USB cable, don't know if it works through a Bluetooth connection.

You can use your mouse and keyboard to control the phone and cut and paste data from one to the other as well as drag and drop files.

Pretty handy.
    I don't know about handy but it is darn cool. It works incredibly well. BTW, works great with BT.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I have been using it since day 2 with the 800W - adding information via the desktop has its advantages and it works just fine with Bluetooth, but it is a bit slower.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I emailed reensoft about this back in July and I got a response saying this would be fixed in the next drop so there is hope.

It's still quite functional as is. Also it works perfectly using RealVGA in 96 dpi mode. fyi
    Excellent to know, thanks. Really like this shell for PIE.

Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Confirmed, does not work.

I've used Olive Tree for my Bible software and it seems to work fine on the 800w so far. granted I've only had it for about 4 days, so I haven't done extensive testing, but it looks alright so far.