Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    Someone early on asked about eReader, and it works just fine.
    It works, but bookmarks do not stick -- I can set one, but it is gone when I return to the book
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    What isn't working correctly on PI8/Pocket Informant 8.1 (latest version)?
    I installed last night and it seems to work fine. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to work as well as when I had it on my 700Wx and Mogul.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Handmark Monopoly does NOT work. Bought last night and it does not work.

--Robert
    I am new to Windows Mobile and am trying to get TPCMP to run on my Treo 800. I have downloaded the zip file using the link on the 1st page of this thread. I then opened the zip file and saved the "TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03" file on my desktop. When I opened this file, a new folder opened with 27 files. 1 of these files is a setup file and most of the others have .00## extensions. I'm not sure what to do next. Can anyone please help me so that I can actually add this program to my phone? Thanks in advance (I would like to use this program to give me and my wife some peace when we go out and eat at a restaurant with my 2 year old)!!!
    Last edited by jgrocer; 07/27/2008 at 11:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrocer View Post
    I am new to Windows Mobile and am trying to get TPCMP to run on my Treo 800. I have downloaded the zip file using the link on the 1st page of this thread. I then opened the zip file and saved the "TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03" file on my desktop. When I opened this file, a new folder opened with 27 files. 1 of these files is a setup file and most of the others have .00## extensions. I'm not sure what to do next. Can anyone please help me so that I can actually add this program to my phone? Thanks in advance (I use this program to give me and my wife some peace when we go out and eat a restaurant with my 2 year old)!!!
    You need to move the .cab file to your Treo and execute it on the Treo. a .cab file is to Windows Mobile as a .msi file is to Windows.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I think Agendus does not work well -- the month display is messed up. Anyone know of any fixes?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I think Agendus does not work well -- the month display is messed up. Anyone know of any fixes?
    It is supposed to be corrected in the next update which is suppose to be soon. I sent them a pic of how the screen looks already. The problem I'm having is that everything is very small. What about you ?
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Snails reloaded does not work
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    It is supposed to be corrected in the next update which is suppose to be soon. I sent them a pic of how the screen looks already. The problem I'm having is that everything is very small. What about you ?
    I did not really try it. Just deleted it when the month view was so small. But will try again if they fix it. Agenda ONe works but is not so useful -- too few icons for me.
    Laissez Faire
    I just played with War Incorporated 1.2. Both the trial and the version i downloaded were the same. It appeared small in the center of the screen but appeared to run but when i tap it actually clicks about half an inch above my tap. so I cant click the next button on the opening storyline because its too low and thus cannot play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    A program which hasn't been updated in 2-3 years, has the owner/programmer MIA and has been hacked by the community to continue working, is fine on the brand new 800w.
    But it still costs money to license? That's lame... Any good, free solutions?

Thanks!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    But it still costs money to license? That's lame... Any good, free solutions?

Thanks!

The trial never expires. The animated icons and everything else are also free.

Beware that if you install this you need to delete a couple of files or you will have very bizarre fonts when dialing.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I just got an email back from skype (straight from india i assume) about their software on the 800w. It was very generic and only said it only works on devices with certain resolutions. Of course 320x320 was not on there. No word on if/when this will be addressed.

I installed TCPMP but it crashes when i load it. Where is a good place to download this? It seems others have it working...i think i just have in incomplete install?

I have also read google maps doesnt work with GPS? Mine has been working great the whole time.
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    RE: PocketPuTTY

I never was able to figure out the SSH issues. Tested number port setups and connection methods. I thought the issue might be related to longer connecting times than PC PuTTy (which I have lived by for years) and possibly being the source of the fatal error. But that doesn't seem to be the case either. Also tried placing the .exe in the device instead of storage card per here. Still no luck. Anyone else have an idea?

mToken is working flawlessly, and though it requires purchase after the trial, this has been a great solution. That is really an understatement, it has far more tools and features. The resolution is supported and I have yet to find any bugs. Well worth the buy if you need encrypted access for server administration, applications and maintenance.

zaTelnet Pro is a bit buggy and has some issues with the resolution, which is annoying when you are running screens, but alas, it works.

MobileVT is another possible alternative, but I have no experience with it. Also requires purchase.
    Thanks for the SSH results, pulse. I wasn't familiar with the last two apps you mention.

I had a couple of questions about mToken on the 800w that I posted a few pages back that I would love to know the answers to:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harkless View Post
    Cool! Will it do 80 columns on the 320x320 display like pssh and TuSSH will on Palm OS Treos?

Also, does the Alt key work for generating ASCII characters not found on the 800w's thumbboard, or do you have to use an onscreen keyboard?
    Last edited by Dan Harkless; 07/27/2008 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harkless View Post
    Thanks for the SSH results, pulse. I wasn't familiar with the last two apps you mention.

I had a couple of questions about mToken on the 800w that I posted a few pages back that I would love to know the answers to:
    Got this from their site:

mToken has an option called "Enable Virtual Screen (min. 80x25)". When this option is selected, mToken calculates the window size based on the selected font and if it cannot accommodate 80 columns by 25 rows, it adds scrollbars. If this option is not selected, the column and row size are calculated based on the visible screen area and no scrollbar is displayed.

Also, the physical Alt-key populates ASCII characters and symbols that input when selected. Additionally, there is a popup command window for function keys and special keys. Though, the first time you use it, notice the close-tap is on the upper-right corner (where it should be) by sliding the window to the left. I was admittedly slow the moment I opened it and spent several minutes trying to figure out how to close it.
    Last edited by pulse; 07/28/2008 at 01:30 AM.
    ...in the game of thrones, you win or you die.
    For those of you who want to use Skype give Fring a try. www.fring.com
    It's a unified messenger slash voip app.

Cheers, Surf
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    It works, but bookmarks do not stick -- I can set one, but it is gone when I return to the book
    That's odd. I just checked this and the bookmarks work fine for me. Maybe you've got a corrupted installation?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    That's odd. I just checked this and the bookmarks work fine for me. Maybe you've got a corrupted installation?
    No -- reinstalled. Did you wait an hour or two? They seem to work for a short time and then go away.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    RE: PocketPuTTY

I never was able to figure out the SSH issues. Tested number port setups and connection methods. I thought the issue might be related to longer connecting times than PC PuTTy (which I have lived by for years) and possibly being the source of the fatal error. But that doesn't seem to be the case either. Also tried placing the .exe in the device instead of storage card per here. Still no luck. Anyone else have an idea?
    i have not had an issue with Pocket PuTTY. What connection type are you trying to do? I use mainly ssh2
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer20 View Post
    For those of you who want to use Skype give Fring a try. www.fring.com
    It's a unified messenger slash voip app.

Cheers, Surf
    i did, skype part of it didn't work. did you give it a try?