Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 LastLast
    What soft reset software? Link, please.

Todd/Indy
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Just installed Beejive IM (very nice gui!), but the latest beta version doesn't login to aim or msn that I tested, but previous version works fine:

http://www.beejive.com/wm6/ppc/beta/...1/JiveTalk.CAB

note, latest version was renamed to BeejiveIM, but it's the same.
    the latest version of beejimeim works great on my 800w. its a nice looking piece of software. very nice gui. if it doesnt let you login, just soft reset your device and itll work fine
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I am using HanDBase - for the most part it works; however, the new release from their site causes my device to reset on a specific applet. Following the cursor is a pain. It does fine with the stylus but the 5-way is hard to follow. You can set the screen size within the Forms utility - I am using 1.25.

The POS release is a whole lot better. Love it on my Centro and 700P; tolerate it on the 800W. The reason I am sticking with the 800W instead of giving it to my son and taking my Cento back is multi-tasking - the ONLY reason.

Also, the Excel function bites. No NUMLOCKS.

Ben
    Thanks, Ben -- greatly appreciate the report. Given that it works on 320x320, I guess I'll download the trial version and do some playing on my 30-day HTC Mogul. That's a shame that they don't have good 5-way support on WM, but then the 5-way support is incomplete on Palm OS as well (e.g. can't go up and down between fields in a database record). If the WM version doesn't suffer from the intermittent crashes I get while viewing databases in the Palm OS version, I'd probably be willing to deal with some WM interface clunkiness.
    I just sent the developer of both Sirius WM5 and YaRPNcalc screenshots of the issues seen on the 800w.It seems programs coded for 240 square screens scale up to 320 square causing minor problems (including the softkey labels). Hope this isn't too big a deal for developers. I'd encourage everyone to send along screenshots with detailed usage observations (and of course ask nicely ) to get the word out on our currently-unique screen resolution issues.

Todd/Indy
  5. rex
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    great amounts of information. Ehsan is doing a good job of compiling. I thot it would be better if folks can just update a spread sheet instead of one individual having to pour over all messages.
    also we can sort his list with any parameter as a spread sheet.

Link below

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...YbAXkuMg&hl=en

I have entered all that Ehsan has in his list. I have them under three sheet names - "Working", "Not working" and "Need confirmation". please add more info on the apps listed also.

I have it open for all to modify. Use responsibly

if this can be donw within the treocentral community, we may not have to go to google docs.
    FWIW

Rex.
    RE: PocketPuTTY

I never was able to figure out the SSH issues. Tested number port setups and connection methods. I thought the issue might be related to longer connecting times than PC PuTTy (which I have lived by for years) and possibly being the source of the fatal error. But that doesn't seem to be the case either. Also tried placing the .exe in the device instead of storage card per here. Still no luck. Anyone else have an idea?

mToken is working flawlessly, and though it requires purchase after the trial, this has been a great solution. That is really an understatement, it has far more tools and features. The resolution is supported and I have yet to find any bugs. Well worth the buy if you need encrypted access for server administration, applications and maintenance.

zaTelnet Pro is a bit buggy and has some issues with the resolution, which is annoying when you are running screens, but alas, it works.

MobileVT is another possible alternative, but I have no experience with it. Also requires purchase.
    Last edited by pulse; 07/22/2008 at 03:06 PM.
    ...in the game of thrones, you win or you die.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Please add to the list of working:
    AlarmClock (freeware)
    Magic Button (freeware)
    vTap (freeware; amazing video search / player; already a thread on this)
    pocket RAR (freeware)
    ftxPBrowser (freeware; multi-tabs plug-in for I.E.)

works, but buggy:
    Resco file explorer (freeware; bottom part covered by task bar)

any suggestions for apps (freeware) that are better than ones listed above?
    spb backup 1.5.1 does this not work on treo 800w? wen i press next it just freezes up...can anyone confirm? and my serial from this one wont work on the new one eihter....can someone help
    WORKS
    SPB Diary
    TomTom6 & 7 works, but just requires GPSGate
    SmallMenu
    GPSGate
    Pocket Notepad

NOT WORKING
    PushEffect (They have even tried it on am Ipaq WM 6.1 device which worked)
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I can confirm SelectRadio 4.0.2 works with the Treo 800w
    Does not work with Styletap on the 800w. Bummer. I would expect all of the other ZXXXZ apps also will not work. Oh well.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    For me...

Working
    Phone Alarm Lite - but txt button does not goto txt messages
    Pocket Weather
    SPB Pocket Plus - but some icons are missing
    Conduits Pocket Player
    SPB Time - agreed that it is small!
    SPB Diary - but icons are missing for tabs
    eGress

Not Working
    TomTom
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen View Post
    I just sent the developer of both Sirius WM5 and YaRPNcalc screenshots of the issues seen on the 800w.It seems programs coded for 240 square screens scale up to 320 square causing minor problems (including the softkey labels). Hope this isn't too big a deal for developers. I'd encourage everyone to send along screenshots with detailed usage observations (and of course ask nicely ) to get the word out on our currently-unique screen resolution issues.

Todd/Indy
    Other than the labels being slightly distorted the program appears to function properly. I didn't have any problems with my test using version v 1.9.2.27303 from GeeksToolBox.com. Were there other problems making this sw unusable?
    Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    Please add to the list of working:
    AlarmClock (freeware)
    Link? I'm bringing back a few apps with that name in google...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    Other than the labels being slightly distorted the program appears to function properly. I didn't have any problems with my test using version v 1.9.2.27303 from GeeksToolBox.com. Were there other problems making this sw unusable?
    Please see geekstoolbox forum for details. You are running an outdated version, too.

Todd/Indy
    NEED MOAR GAMEZ!!!!

i hate that most games are displayed wrong for the screen. downloaded resco brain games because it supposedly supported 320x320 and it is still squished in the middle of the screen. supports 320x320 my ***!

can't wait for better compatibility.
    Not working
    Mobimate's Worldmate Live

http://www.mobimate.com/index.shtml
    Someone early on asked about eReader, and it works just fine.
    Working:

IM+ (slightly quirky)
    ScreenCapture
    tMan
    zsIRC

Not working:

PocketKobo (loads but resolution is borked and game does not respond to keyboard input)

I updated the spreadsheet with the above.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Not Working

I was an avid user of Mundu Radio on my Treo 755p. Tried using the PPc version on Treo 800w.

Installed properly
    Resolution is not proper
    PlayLists are updated without any issue
    However, when we open a channel, nothing happens.

Any one else tried this? Also, any other suggestion for a great free streaming radio?

-M