1. rex
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonq View Post
    Ehsan - give Skyfire a shot
    http://www.skyfire.com/
    Skyfire works very well with no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    What is the best browser for Treo 800w so far? I tried most of major browsers and all of them work (opera 8.5, 9.5, NetFront 3.5) with treo 800w. But not sure which one is the better option to go for. I am also having issue with opening my sprint page which I use regularly on the road to check my minutes. I am getting option to save a file named Defulat but when I do save it or cancel it it wont go to next page after login page. I tried Opera both versions, NetFront, and internet explorer and all of them giving me same run around. Any help?
    Thanks.
    My vote is for Skyfire. lets hope they get it out of Beta soon.

Rex.
    Last edited by rex; 07/16/2008 at 12:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    SiriusWM5 works, tho I had to deselect the option to use TCPMP since the stream is WMA.
    This program is great. Thanks for posting about it. Now I can get Hair Nation or Howard Stern no matter where I am!

I don't know if it's the 320x320 issue, but the scroll bars go a little wacky on me. It's ok though, because the song info isn't right anyway so I just hit "ok" to close it. Not to mention you have to go to WMP to stop the stream so the only reason to have SiriusWM5 open is to change channels.
    is their a visual voice-mail program out that works with the treo?
    Is anyone using PushEffect successfully? I installed it to my 800w, and everything appeared to be fine, but it is not picking up the text messages when they arrive. I am pretty certain it was working initially, but am not sure. Could there be a conflict with another software?
    Working

SoftReset

HiCalc

Sprint Business Connect

Yahoo2Go (looks pretty ugly)

Newsbreak v2.5 (hangs on exit during installation but works correctly)

Slingplayer (with postage stamp video)
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Anyone able to test to see if SelectRadio works with the Treo 800w? I don't see it on the list.

Thanks,

~J
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    I am having issues with it connecting via ssh. Same ssh connection has worked fine on a WM 5.0 with PocketPuTTY. I can use the telnet feature on ports 23 or 22 to the host. Not sure if this is an issue with 6.0/6.1 or ssl with the network yet. Going to fish some on this and get back.
    ...in the game of thrones, you win or you die.
    Quote Originally Posted by r1ngx View Post
    Working:

mToken ssh
    Cool! Will it do 80 columns on the 320x320 display like pssh and TuSSH will on Palm OS Treos?

Also, does the Alt key work for generating ASCII characters not found on the 800w's thumbboard, or do you have to use an onscreen keyboard?
    The new Opera Mobile posted on the homepage works well.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harkless View Post
    Cool! Will it do 80 columns on the 320x320 display like pssh and TuSSH will on Palm OS Treos?
    And, to add onto Dan's questions, does this SSH program really require you to pay $80 for SSH1/SSH2 support? I'm definitely concerned about the price!
    Anyone try LogMeIn PocketPC?
    Is "ultimate launcher" the only launcher working? Is there an English language source for Ultimate Launcher? I could only find a German source.

Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    working:
    Beejive Instant messenger
    Flexmail 4 (icons are screwed up a bit)
    Kevtris (tetris clone)
    GPS Speed Sentry
    Agenda One
    Pocket Weather
    Ultimate Launcher
    Resco File manager
    Resco Picture Viewer

Not working:
    Handmark yahtzee
    Nyditot
    Resco recorder
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    The new Opera Mobile posted on the homepage works well.
    During the zooming process, the display breaks up similar to SlingBox or PocketGBA. This might be Opera's intended effect, but I doubt it. It's probably a bug with the 320x320 resolution. This is only during the zoom process, the actual before and after results look fine.

Also, the address bar appears to cover part of the stop button.

But you're right, for the most part, this beta works great with the 800w. The 9MB installation footprint makes me happy I got my package from Sprint a few days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsbwc34 View Post
    Anyone try LogMeIn PocketPC?
    Worked fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    As far as I can tell, this GPS is spotty at best. I can't get it to work with any app other than Maps, and Maps crashes half the time after locking onto a signal and while trying to fetch map data...
    The 800w's internal GPS works GREAT with Google Maps...try that!
    another satisfied logmein user here. much nicer at 320x320 and rev-a
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Is "ultimate launcher" the only launcher working? Is there an English language source for Ultimate Launcher? I could only find a German source.
    Resco "Today Plug-in" is the only one I could find that works and it works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    Resco "Today Plug-in" is the only one I could find that works and it works well.
    How does it work? I have installed it and it is there with a lot of information icons, but I don't see how to add applications to it to be able to start.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremecinema View Post
    The 800w's internal GPS works GREAT with Google Maps...try that!
    Yes it does. When I first posted that I was experiencing many problems but a little hacking and updating of old apps has made things much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    How does it work? I have installed it and it is there with a lot of information icons, but I don't see how to add applications to it to be able to start.
    On the today screen hit the right soft key, preference, today, highlight resco plugin, choose options. Or simply choose the smallest icon on the left.
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast