Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by govtcheez View Post
    Are you certain? I have a Sedio "Extended" battery for my 700WX that's the same size as the regular battery with much more juice.
    It's not certain but there are two tid bits:
    1. There is no stock-sized extended battery for the Centro (9 mos later)
    2. Supposedly, Palm has some soft of X factor preventing 3rd parties from doing so

Of course, nothing is guaranteed either way (i.e. it will/won't happen) So at this point you'll just have to wait and see what happens--just don't place any bets.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Is the Treo worse than the Touch? Or similar?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Seidio plans to release 2600 mah extended battery for Treo 800W 2-3 week from now.

How much do you think this extended battery will cost? There are some on ebay now but they dont come with a bigger battery cover. They state that they work for the 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo921 View Post
    How much do you think this extended battery will cost? There are some on ebay now but they dont come with a bigger battery cover. They state that they work for the 800w.
    Those will not work on the 800w. The Centro battery is the same as the 800w. The Seido will be around $69.99, maybe more according to Seido. Should be out in 2-3 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Those will not work on the 800w. The Centro battery is the same as the 800w. The Seido will be around $69.99, maybe more according to Seido. Should be out in 2-3 weeks.
    SO your saying that this battery even though it says it will work with the 800w that it wont?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2400mAh-Battery-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    SO your saying that this battery even though it says it will work with the 800w that it wont?

Battery WILL work, but the issue is that the door wont...
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    The touch was widely condemned for its battery life. The average is more important than a comparison to the the worst. Look at other qwerty handsets like BB Curve etc.
    http://www.wirelessinfo.com/content/...ttery-Life.htm
    Very similar (poor) battery life between the Touch and the 800w. The Touch has the advantage of having a battery door that covers the entire back of the phone. Getting an extended battery makes the entire phone slightly thicker instead of the ridiculous pregnant bulge you're left with on phones like the 800w and Centro.
    Centro extended battery pics from sprintusers site.
    http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...=156333&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROpcs View Post
    Ok so the trick now is finding a door that will work. Its cheaper then paying $70 or so for when Siedo comes out for the extended battery. Maybe I can just use masking tape to hold the extended battery in
    I've only had mine a day.. I like how snappy the phone is, the build quality and the kb. I'm just annoyed that sometimes my phone won't ring even though my phone is not on silent so I missed some calls which is not good. Also sometimes the ringer is loud and other times it's not.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by instill View Post
    Yikes. Thanks for the feedback guys. Sorry to hear the 800w doesn't sound like a winner. Unless I hear overwhelmingly otherwise, I'm going to take a pass on this one and hold out for the Touch Pro.
    I just got my "free, swap for BT-defective Mogul" 800w from Sprint. Have been using Touch for last 6 months. 800w BT not nearly as good as my Touch or my Razr2. First call to my wife using BT on 800w got this comment: "doesn't sound nearly as good as your old phone (Touch)".

Will play with the 800w awhile. Random thoughts so far:

Generally like the form factor, but a bit heavier and thicker than it should be, IMO. Battery life weak. BT average or worse. Stylus so flexible it's hard to use. Fast wrt scrolling and app switching. Lots of memory. Perfer 6.1 SMS to Palm SMS. Can't have different screen brightness settings for battery and AC power. Hard and soft resets require ridiculous battery removals! Better off-axis screen viewing than Touch. When BT pairing with my car, it identifies itself with Owner Name, not Device Name. IR port a waste of space and resources in 2008.

Not sure yet - but thinking it may go on eBay...
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post

Wow -that is truly silly looking!
    re: IR port being a waste of space...

Dieter and I thought the same thing on the podcast...

Got some feedback from users & evidently a lot of the reality companies still need it for lock boxes. A lot of people prefer it to bt since it uses less power and can be more reliable.

Basically this is a power-user vs real business user difference and Palm caters to the latter for obvious reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROpcs View Post

INCORRECT. The metal connectors are TOTALLY different for the Treo 700wx and the 800wx. I just removed the battery from my old 700wx and placed it into my 800w. Although it's the almost the same dimensions and it sticks out more, the metal connectors DO NOT even make contact.

So even if you can put a 700wx battery into a 800w and use an extended battery cover, the device will NOT even power on, because the contacts will not even touch.

I'll take a pic of it when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by willysp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post

Wow -that is truly silly looking!
    Some people like the extra "Junk in the trunk".
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 07/17/2008 at 10:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    re: IR port being a waste of space...

Dieter and I thought the same thing on the podcast...

Got some feedback from users & evidently a lot of the reality companies still need it for lock boxes. A lot of people prefer it to bt since it uses less power and can be more reliable.

Basically this is a power-user vs real business user difference and Palm caters to the latter for obvious reasons.
    Hi,

Sorry - I'm not getting the references to "reality companies" and "lock boxes". Can you explain, please?

I work for a global IT consulting company, and IR is dead tech to us. I remember using IR to synch my 1st-gen Casio PPC to a Thinkpad 10 years ago. For the last 5 years, if I get a new laptop that has an IR port, I disable it in Device Manager...
    when a real estate agent shows a property, the keys to the property are stored in a lock box, so that all the agents can show it and no one looses the keys (lol)

to unlock the boxes, they use a combo of special software and IR to authenticate and unlock them.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    when a real estate agent shows a property, the keys to the property are stored in a lock box, so that all the agents can show it and no one looses the keys (lol)

to unlock the boxes, they use a combo of special software and IR to authenticate and unlock them.

OK, I get it now! "Realty" companies...

Didn't know they use IR to open the boxes!
    1) Windows Mobile based. More enterprise application support than POS such as MS Exchange and Communicator for work.
    2) Multi-task-ability

Dislikes:

1) Battery life. I see a big difference coming from a Treo 700p
    2) Size. I feel it's too small and I don't even have big hands. Not sure if it's because I'm playing around with the new phone or because it is Windows based, but my thumb is sore from all the clicking. I think it's a combo of all 3 between new phone, the size of keys, and Windows mobile.
    3) Screen. Can't see the screen outdoors. Not as sharp looking as the 700p screen even indoors.
    4) Speakerphone. The 700p wasn't too great either, but the 800w is slightly worse.
    5) Ear speaker. Again, the 700p wasn't too great, but the 800w is slightly worse.

Anyone know if there is a trial version of MS Voice Command that can be tested before purchase?

Thanks,

Tae
    Quote Originally Posted by freetreo700p View Post
    Anyone know if there is a trial version of MS Voice Command that can be tested before purchase?

Thanks,

Tae
    lmao

err..you have the full version already installed on your device...look under your Settings section
    Quote Originally Posted by willysp View Post
    OK, I get it now! "Realty" companies...

Didn't know they use IR to open the boxes!
    hah, yeah my bad...guess text prediction and late at night can be a bad thing sometimes

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    lmao

err..you have the full version already installed on your device...look under your Settings section

hah, yeah my bad...guess text prediction and late at night can be a bad thing sometimes
    Great! You saved me $40! LOL Seriously, I knew it was included with the 700wx. I thought it should have been under Programs.

Now....next question. I know it's a bit off topic. I logged onto Windows Live and it said it had a new version and asked if I would like to down load it.

Now I have 2 icons for Windows Live. Can I and how do I get rid of an Icon? This would be under Dislikes.

Thanks,

Tae
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast