Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    Does it work on your Mogul?
    Well voice dialing works on my Mogul but it's much less elegant. The software that came on the Mogul requires you to say the person's name to save as a "voice tag". Then you have to say it the sameway to call them. Not as good as voice command but workable.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    The wireless is AWESOME. I have Verizon FIOS at home and I never got close to the speeds on my Mogul that I get on the Treo. On the Mogul the fastest speeds were around 1000 kbit/sec using wireless, on the Treo 800W I get over 1810 kbit/sec using DSL reports. This phone keeps suprising me!!
    Ok I guess I should post my findings here.

Higher Resolution Screen (you can notice this when playing video)
    Rev.A
    Remote Desktop (have to install this)
    Keyboard

In a way it's a lot like the 700wx. It just seems like a solid device. Hopefully its nice and reliable.

Dislikes:
    The separate application for outlook and SMS kinda sucks. I am used to the 700wx of it being combined. I don't even care for threaded SMS. But I liked the ability to hit the left or right arrow to switch between the two.
    Battery life I have a feeling is going to suck. Pray to god Seido comes out with something good.
    No reset button kinda sucks, but if this is as reliable as my 700wx was, I will rarely be rebooting this anyways.
    Lucky for me I am not a bluetooth user, I don't care for it. I have $300 wired earbuds I won't be giving up anytime soon so I couldn't care less for bluetooth.
    Not a fan if MicroUSB. I also dont like that they didnt include the headphone jack. Although the 700 headphone jack was 2.5mm I still needed an adapter to use my earbuds so with microUSB ill need an adapter anyways. Not a deal breaker.
    No Slingplayer support (yet)
    I used a small program on the 700wx called "soft reset for ppc" that worked really well and it works on the 800w. Look for it on this page:

http://www.megaone.com/fengwei/ppc.htm#SoftReset_
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    The Bluetooth performance on this device exceeds any palm device I've used. However, the lack of bt integration with voice command and weak battery is disappointing. Still this device is too sweet to give back. I'll just keep a charger at house, work and car with a spare battery (hopefully extended) near by. With the right mortscript and wireless kitchen appliance this thing will probably even make coffee for you. I am NOT giving this baby back.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
    Battery life is going to be a problem, on 700wx with the 2600 mah battery, I could go 2 days with heavy use. Now I am recharging every 4 hours on the 800.
    Looks like any future extended battery option will need an expanded battery cover. Thought about getting spare batteries but right now the battery cover on my 800w is very difficult to remove.
    So NO second battery in the box, as the sales book said?
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    So NO second battery in the box, as the sales book said?
    Not in my case.
    Here's a thought-

DarthPooh said the extended battery was a last minute decision. Do you think that might be the reason Palm held all Telesales shipments and is demanding all stores hold their inventory? Maybe they are going to ship extended batteries to the early buyers and they don't want to incur shipping fees for xy,000 Treos.

Perhaps the ext batteries are being delivered to stores and Telesales warehouses over the weekend. Can our Palm sources look into this?
    A dislike of mine is the lack of a reset hole, but I think all the software issues due to the screen resolution should not really be unexpected.
    Add me to the list for ****-poor call quality. Definite muffled effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    A dislike of mine is the lack of a reset hole, but I think all the software issues due to the screen resolution should not really be unexpected.
    Look for my post in the software thread at the top, a small program called "soft reset" works on the 800. I haven't found much need to reset unless I am experimenting with different software.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    Battery life is going to be a problem, on 700wx with the 2600 mah battery, I could go 2 days with heavy use. Now I am recharging every 4 hours on the 800.

What the hell is up with this battery? I've been told that I should not bash Palm but I gotta tell you, this battery blows. Yes, this is Palm's fault. It's not a 3rd party app, this is ridiculous. The PPC6700 had a crap battery and this one may be right up there with it.
    Looks like any future extended battery option will need an expanded battery cover. Thought about getting spare batteries but right now the battery cover on my 800w is very difficult to remove.
    I was on the fence over the size of this phone out of the box, but a phone that's already 18.5mm thick has to get even thicker just to get decent battery life? What was Palm thinking?

I don't know which is a bigger blunder: A business-phone like the Treo with poor battery life or a media-phone like the Diamond with no storage expansion?

I guess I may have to wait until the Q Napoleon hits Sprint next year. I wonder what they'll leave out of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    What the hell is up with this battery? I've been told that I should not bash Palm but I gotta tell you, this battery blows. Yes, this is Palm's fault. It's not a 3rd party app, this is ridiculous. The PPC6700 had a crap battery and this one may be right up there with it.
    Look, there is no perfect phone and I have owned/tried/returned a large number over the years. My 700wx changed the way I could conduct business but it was not perfect and the 800w won't be perfect either. If I try it and don't think it makes me more efficient I will return it, However the small size and new features are nice, I just need to tweak some of the features/buttons like I had to do on the 700wx. I like it more now than I did on day 1.
    Look, there is no perfect phone and I have owned/tried/returned a large number over the years. My 700wx changed the way I could conduct business but it was not perfect and the 800w won't be perfect either. If I try it and don't think it makes me more efficient I will return it, However the small size and new features are nice, I just need to tweak some of the features/buttons like I had to do on the 700wx. I like it more now than I did on day 1.
    We all understand that there is no perfect device. However this is a battery. I'm a small business owner and for me I can't afford to have my phone on the charger every few hours. If you can then great. There hasn't been a battery issue with any Sprint phone in a few years (PPC6700, Sammy A900 to name a few).
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    I guess I may have to wait until the Q Napoleon hits Sprint next year. I wonder what they'll leave out of that?
    There's really only one solution: make a bigger battery and make the device bulkier.

Motorola knew that which is why they shipped with the "extended" battery to get adequate power.

The result: large hump on the back, which makes the Q9 not so thin. Throw in CDMA is worse than GSM for power...

Not sure what else to say/can be done.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Here's a thought-

DarthPooh said the extended battery was a last minute decision. Do you think that might be the reason Palm held all Telesales shipments and is demanding all stores hold their inventory? Maybe they are going to ship extended batteries to the early buyers and they don't want to incur shipping fees for xy,000 Treos.

Perhaps the ext batteries are being delivered to stores and Telesales warehouses over the weekend. Can our Palm sources look into this?
    Doubtful, sounds like the Palm rep was clueless and made something up during the conference call. I think buying another battery and carrying around the battery / unit charger is the way to go.
    The Instinct ships with two batteries. For $599, maybe Palm should have done the same.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast