Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    yes that works completely fine on my treo. I used a Sony headset and I'd press the button, say who I wanted to call via voice commands and it dialed. It also worked with a motorla headset I have. I didn't install any custom apps to do this. In fact I wasn't even on the latest version of firmware. It also worked when I installed wm 6.1 though I could no longer receive text messages.
    Interesting.

You seem to be in the minority. Just to be clear, you used a stock 700wx (which comes with Microsoft's Voice Command v1.5--you didn't upgrade it?) and which model of Sony headset did you get this to work with? You press the button on your bluetooth headset and Voice Command activates? Your Treo's mic is out of range of your voice and you're only talking into your bluetooth headset?

Most interesting...
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Interesting.

You seem to be in the minority. Just to be clear, you used a stock 700wx (which comes with Microsoft's Voice Command v1.5--you didn't upgrade it?) and which model of Sony headset did you get this to work with? You press the button on your bluetooth headset and Voice Command activates? Your Treo's mic is out of range of your voice and you're only talking into your bluetooth headset?

Most interesting...
    This used to happen for me. I could get the tone saying it was waiting for input and I thought I was talking into the headset but strangely whenever it was buried in my laptop bag it wouldn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by kpeace View Post
    That is interesting, I have tried this on my old 700wx with two different headsets, the jawbone being the last and that feature is definitely not working with my wm5 rom. And it is not working on the new 800w either. I wonder if the type of headset you are using is the difference. What is the model of sony unit you are using?
    The Sony was an HBH-608. I don't believe they sell them anymore. I've used two different motorola ones at the time as well but I'm not sure which models they were (they all look the same!). I can't do any accurate testing anymore as I have WM 6 on my Treo 700wx now and it always works (but it's slow and buggy as crap) so I'm back on my Mogul.
    Interesting.

Most interesting...
    That's correct. It was a stock 700wx with WM5 on it and voice command 1.5. No upgrades or voice software installed. I would press the button on my headset and be on my way. Hell I would have returned it if I couldn't.
    That's correct. It was a stock 700wx with WM5 on it and voice command 1.5. No upgrades or voice software installed. I would press the button on my headset and be on my way. Hell I would have returned it if I couldn't.
    Not that I don't believe you...You're just the first person that I've ever heard from that has gotten it to work with the software you've stated. Even Microsoft says it won't work with v1.5.

I wonder what everyone else, myself included, are doing wrong.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    Where's the Sprint Music store? Its available on the Touch and Mogul.
    it doesn't wrk yet, there "might" be a fix for it in the near future.
    The only way I could ever get the 700wx VC to initiate from my bluetooth headset was to install JETware's handsfree extension, but even then I had to speak through the handset mic for VC to pic it up. Note that the Treo mic is very sensitive and it may seem like you are talking through the headset when in reality you're not.
    Having said that it could be possible that Palm made a hardware mod on later revisions, but you'd think we'd all have heard about that by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    The only way I could ever get the 700wx VC to initiate from my bluetooth headset was to install JETware's handsfree extension, but even then I had to speak through the handset mic for VC to pic it up. Note that the Treo mic is very sensitive and it may seem like you are talking through the headset when in reality you're not.
    Having said that it could be possible that Palm made a hardware mod on later revisions, but you'd think we'd all have heard about that by now.
    Hmmm.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

As for the google maps. I downloaded it from m.google.com and it works fine. Used my jawbone headset on the road this morning worked perfectly..also looked up the nearest gas station on the POI app...just luving it with this phone..battery life has also not been that bad. Have been on the phone constantly this morning using the GPS, POI, messaging with brightness set to 60%..still seem to have 75% charge..which is pretty darn good. Palm's got this one right...
    Quote Originally Posted by taurian27 View Post
    As for the google maps. I downloaded it from m.google.com and it works fine. Used my jawbone headset on the road this morning worked perfectly..also looked up the nearest gas station on the POI app...just luving it with this phone..battery life has also not been that bad. Have been on the phone constantly this morning using the GPS, POI, messaging with brightness set to 60%..still seem to have 75% charge..which is pretty darn good. Palm's got this one right...
    You meant to say that google maps worked with GPS on the phone or just regular google maps without gps triangulation or my location attached?
    Thanks.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    it worked with GPS on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by techgeek32 View Post
    I will use my 800w for one week and then decide whether to go back to my HTC Touch.
    How is the camera performance on this phone? At least the quality of the 650/700/755p?
    Not that I don't believe you...You're just the first person that I've ever heard from that has gotten it to work with the software you've stated. Even Microsoft says it won't work with v1.5.

I wonder what everyone else, myself included, are doing wrong.
    Not sure why it's only working for me then. I've talked with a lot of peple who use 1.5 without issue but on other devices.

I used to commute quite a bit so I would have taken the phone back if it didn't do this. Seems kind of silly not to. I thought 1.6 had an issue though.
    Some of these dislikes are worrying me. I really wanted to replace my Mogul with an 800w but if things like voice command not working through BT are issues then I can't see a good reason to upgrade to this device.

I just recently got a jawbone 2 headset and it rocks on my Mogul but if it's not going to do voice command correctly on the treo then why bother?
    Some of these dislikes are worrying me. I really wanted to replace my Mogul with an 800w but if things like voice command not working through BT are issues then I can't see a good reason to upgrade to this device.
    Does it work on your Mogul?
    Bluetooth voice dialing works on the Mogul. As it did on the 6700, and most of the other HTC devices before the 800w. Don't know why Palm is having trouble with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by taurian27 View Post
    it worked with GPS on the phone.
    hmm. really.
    This is making me want to try Ebags rom more & more.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    The screensaver is a cool feature. It's great to be able to just glance at your phone to see the time without having to press any buttons. It also moves to different areas of the screen at certain intervals. It displays the time and the date below. Sorry, I don't have a camera to take a picture right now. Kinda looks like below:

3:39
    7/11/08
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    The 800w does have some great features, but I couldn't get past my dislikes. I'm sure over time most of them will get fixed, but I ended up returning it and reactivating my Touch. I miss some things about the 800w already, like the keyboard, but was happy when I could safely voice dial while driving on the way home from the Sprint store. Great device for some, it just wasn't for me.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast