Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok guys. Sprint Stores have them and I had a chance to check one out and I will tell you I will be buying one to replace my 700wx. The sprint store told me they cannot sell them till the 13th launch date.

Amazing device. Light, quality, ect. Has a plastic stylist though which will need to be replaced. All around great improvement from the 700wx as expected.

All specs mentioned previously are right on. The GPS locator tool is sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by b3tt3r View Post
    Ok guys. Sprint Stores have them and I had a chance to check one out and I will tell you I will be buying one to replace my 700wx. The sprint store told me they cannot sell them till the 13th launch date.

Amazing device. Light, quality, ect. Has a plastic stylist though which will need to be replaced. All around great improvement from the 700wx as expected.

I was told they go on sale tomorrow by a sprint store manager in Avon, IN. In fact, he told me to stop in tomorrow morning if I want to get one... I wish I had the money...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by b3tt3r View Post

If indeed this is the case, it would appear that Sprint has prioritized stock to their stores as opposed to their warehouse(s) for telephone order fulfillment.

Totally understandable.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I was told they go on sale tomorrow by a sprint store manager in Avon, IN. In fact, he told me to stop in tomorrow morning if I want to get one..
    I sure hope they are. That's when I said some would be in hand on the the 11th. See here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...67#post1449567

Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  5. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Except there are people with phones in hand today. July 10th. Doh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    People got one today?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    People got one today?!?!
    Dude, almost everybody got one today. You didn't? You're, like, the unluckiest boy in the world. ;-) [/jealous sarcasm]
    Quote Originally Posted by MinistrOfJustiz View Post
    Dude, almost everybody got one today. You didn't? You're, like, the unluckiest boy in the world. ;-) [/jealous sarcasm]
    *slaps Darth Pooh and MinistrOfJustiz*
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  9. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    All I got was an empty promise from a nice indian girl to have it in hand tomorrow.

Unfortunately, that was followed by a blanket statement by another indian girl that they're out of stock.

So, we'll see...
    Quote Originally Posted by MinistrOfJustiz View Post
    Musta missed that big line that formed up in NY for the Treo 800w... doh.

Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    *slaps Darth Pooh and MinistrOfJustiz*
    Well-deserved sir.
    Hey guys,
    Long time lurky, yada, yada, yada. Thought I would tell you guys my story about picking one up today.
    I thought the rumer was that they might be available yesterday via telesales or through business channels like a lot of others did. I started calling all the metro Milwaukee stores yesterday morning when they opened as well as telesales. Nobody really knew anything. Some said the 13th, some the 20th, some the 27th and yet others said check at the end of the month. I thought, oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until Sunday - or later!
    Then came today. I thought I would call a couple of stores that I couldn't get anyone to pick up the phone at yesterday. The first one sounded promising. The Women who answered said "A - ya - hold on a second". She came back to say they were in stock, but the she couldn't sell one untill Sunday. I tried to bribe her, even just to come take a look, with no results. I then got excited and called another one that I hadn't tried yet. The guy there said that 4 came at about 11 am. I told him that I would buy him lunch if he sold me one. He came back with "Sure, the launch date is today, the 10th. I'll put your name on it and hold it untill you get here". I was like a giddy school girl. I rushed over in about an hour. He brings it out, puts the box in front of me and says "Let's get started". I'm like cool, this is it. He starts the process and says "Hold on, I'll be right back". He goes away for long time and then comes back. He informs me that he found out he's not sure he can sell it to me yet. Here we go! He said he was waiting for a message back from the regional manager to find out if he can sell it to me. I wait patiently. He tells me you might as well take off, He'll hold it for me, and that I can pick it up on Sunday. I told him that I have time and that wait for the response from the regional manager. A few minutes later he comes out and says "It's a go!". I was more than excited. We activated it, I paid, and the rest is history.
    As long as I'm being very long winded here, I might as well give you my first impressions. Overall, I think the device is awesome. The Wifi, bluetooth 2.0, and especially the GPS are all awesome. The GPS is amazing. The built in maps app. is cool, especially for searching for something local. I'm a Google maps guy though and loaded that on right away. Works great with the built in GPS. I have not yet loaded and tested Iguidance. I probably will for this weekend's travel though. I like almost everything about the device. Since there is a lot to like, I will tell you a couple of things I noticed in the first few hours that may be on the negative side of the sprctrum. First off is the screen. While the resolution is great, the brightness and "vibrance" of the screen is a bit low. When compared to the 700 or the wife's centro, it seems dimmer and less vibrant. The other thing is the battery life. From what I can tell so far, if you have the wifi and gps off, it should perform much like the centro. With everything on, you suck it down like a cold Heineken on a hot day. I'm sure everyone figured this would be the case.
    All in all, I love it so far. Sorry for the long windedness.
    You've been here for 37 posts and you're insulting someone already. Way to make friends.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    You've been here for 37 posts and you're insulting someone already. Way to make friends. Okay, who has them in hand as of the 10th? If so, that's the winner, but all I've seen here are people who've ordered it on the 10th.
    ordered mine today, but I doubt I will get it tomorrow since it is stuck in processing. will call back tomorrow morning to see what is going on. they goofed my first order and only placed the order and didn't submit it (whatever that means). CS asked me to place second order, which I did, but it is now stuck since they see that I have the prior order still in the system. incompetent fools. if I could charge-back Sprint for the hours wasted on the phone with their CS, I'd have a free phone AND free service!
  14. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    ...look around more...
  15. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    You've been here for 37 posts and you're insulting someone already. Way to make friends.
    You find Homer Simpson insulting?

Nice edit by the way, I assume you found the people with them in hand.
    You find Homer Simpson insulting?

Nice edit by the way, I assume you found the people with them in hand.
    I saw people who said they had it in hand, and I didn't think they'd be lying. As for your original post, there was no need for the duh. But then, that's just my opinion since I was the one on the wrong side of your sarcasm.
  17. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    It was a Doh! not a Duh!

They really are quite different, at least in my mind... I apologize if you took offense.
    Well, I don't know what Doh means, but thanks for the apology. I apologize for thinking it was Duh. Now let's kiss and makeup. (That is if you're a Celine)
    I tried 5 STORES today . . . not a one would give in and sell it but TWO told me they would only to end up denying me!

I'm bent...I don't want it anymore, think I'll go hang out at the Apple store for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbylingo View Post
    A few minutes later he comes out and says "It's a go!". I was more than excited. We activated it, I paid, and the rest is history.
    You suck...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast