Page 1 of 30 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 586
  1.    #1  
    So I am willing to answer any questions you guys have regarding the 800w. I know, it will be here Sunday and/or Monday for some... but I am willing to answer whatever you want.
  2. nino313's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #2  
    Do you have it in hand?
  3. zeropcs's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #3  
    Is the wifi button re-assignable? What buttons are?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    So I am willing to answer any questions you guys have regarding the 800w. I know, it will be here Sunday and/or Monday for some... but I am willing to answer whatever you want.
    My first Treo was the 700w from Verizon so don't have much to compare it too... curious on the size of the keyboard... is it manageable to type on? The Centro seems so small.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nino313 View Post
    Do you have it in hand?
    Why would I start this thread if I didn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROpcs View Post
    Is the wifi button re-assignable? What buttons are?
    It appears it is NOT re-assignable. It is the only one that is not.
  6. zeropcs's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    It appears it is NOT re-assignable. It is the only one that is not.
    Okay, well, is it recessed a little so that it isn't accidentally bumped? I see that as being my only problem, accidentally turning it on and killing the battery...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vincentaz View Post
    My first Treo was the 700w from Verizon so don't have much to compare it too... curious on the size of the keyboard... is it manageable to type on? The Centro seems so small.
    This device is the same exact size as the Treo 700w/wx in terms of width. The keyboard (while it feels MUCH better to type on than the wx) is positioned in the same exact location as the w/wx. Only thing missing is the second SHIFT key on the right hand side. Also, the keys might actually be a little larger on the 800w... not sure, they look it tho, but they line up exactly the same.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROpcs View Post
    Okay, well, is it recessed a little so that it isn't accidentally bumped? I see that as being my only problem, accidentally turning it on and killing the battery...
    Never thought of that... it could happen. Haven't had it in my pocket long enough to find out lol.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    This device is the same exact size as the Treo 700w/wx in terms of width. The keyboard (while it feels MUCH better to type on than the wx) is positioned in the same exact location as the w/wx. Only thing missing is the second SHIFT key on the right hand side. Also, the keys might actually be a little larger on the 800w... not sure, they look it tho, but they line up exactly the same.
    what about the thickness of the device? pocketable? or more of a holster-phone?
  10. #10  
    When you first pulled it out of the box what did you think?
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  11. #11  
    Here are some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  12. #12  
    and some more. More to come tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  13. #13  
    Some general notes:

    72MB RAM free after soft reset, 150-160MB ROM
    GPS works great, even indoors!
    Centro-sized battery
    Some apps will look awful in 320x320 (eg, AIM Beta Messenger)
    Camera is not too great I took a pic but it was so bad I didn't even want to upload it.

    It feels MUCH smaller than the 700wx, and not much bigger than the Centro
    The KB is a joy to use. The keys have a lower profile, and typing is much easier than it was on the wx. This is the first Treo I have started typing on that I didn't have to readjust to.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    what about the thickness of the device? pocketable? or more of a holster-phone?
    It's about the same thickness (maybe a hair or two thicker) than the touch... VERY pocketable, I had it in there while cooking dinner and actually forgot where I put the effing thing. That never happens with my wx, that beast lets you know where it is at all times...

    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    When you first pulled it out of the box what did you think?
    Not a fair question, I played with one earlier today so that "new box" effect was roooooned for me.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Some general notes:

    72MB RAM free after soft reset, 150-160MB ROM
    GPS works great, even indoors!
    Centro-sized battery
    Some apps will look awful in 320x320 (eg, AIM Beta Messenger)
    Camera is not too great I took a pic but it was so bad I didn't even want to upload it.

    It feels MUCH smaller than the 700wx, and not much bigger than the Centro
    The KB is a joy to use. The keys have a lower profile, and typing is much easier than it was on the wx. This is the first Treo I have started typing on that I didn't have to readjust to.
    Yeah agreed, typing just flows so easily!

    Install the instant messenging program that has a link to it in programs... it will download the OZ cab (which is usually $ for WM phones), it's nice, has AIM, MSN, and Yahoo, but is missing Google Talk.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    It's about the same thickness (maybe a hair or two thicker) than the touch... VERY pocketable, I had it in there while cooking dinner and actually forgot where I put the effing thing. That never happens with my wx, that beast lets you know where it is at all times...



    Not a fair question, I played with one earlier today so that "new box" effect was roooooned for me.
    wow, that's great to hear! I had originally thought that it was more like the centro in terms of thickness.
  17. haus's Avatar
    Posts
    235 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #17  
    Voice dialing over bluetooth headset that doesn't require the phone to be within earshot (i.e., put the phone in a drawer several feet away and try voice dialing)?
  18. #18  
    yea, voice dialing. Does it work or am I going elsewhere for a phone?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Here are some pics
    Those pics are effing awesome!

    So nice to see something that is not blurry and low res.

    Thanks
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    Voice dialing over bluetooth headset that doesn't require the phone to be within earshot (i.e., put the phone in a drawer several feet away and try voice dialing)?
    Quote Originally Posted by overbyc1 View Post
    yea, voice dialing. Does it work or am I going elsewhere for a phone?
    I will try later when I pair with my headset. From what I understand, it does do it out of the box. Actually a selling point in the PDF scanned last night... but I will confirm in a bit.
Page 1 of 30 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions