Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chad783 View Post
    There are car stereo decks with Bluetooth AD2P in them where you can send your music directly to the car and when a phone call comes then the music cuts out and goes to phone call which will be heard over the speakers. No wires because the mic is built into the deck so you just talk to the deck. Very Cool. JVC just came out with a deck this summer that is called the El Kameleon which disappears after the car is turned off so no faceplate to take with and handles Bluetooth 2.0. Little pricey but it is my next toy I am getting after the Treo 800w.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-r2ECAIo...x?i=105KDAVX44
    The Kameleon is an awesome line up. very sharp looking. I was in BestBuy the other day and they had several head units that had Bluetooth, ipod, and CD support. I think my Impala is going to have an upgrade some day soon!
    Is there a RESTART(Power OFF) button?
    I didn't see the spec for the wifi radio. Is it B or G? Thankyou.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    Could you please clarify what you mean?
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The123 View Post
    I didn't see the spec for the wifi radio. Is it B or G? Thankyou.
    I looked in the Wireless Network settings, and all it said was 'Palm WiFi Card'. :shrug:
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    are you asking if it has a button to turn the phone off? If so the answer is no, when you press the power button it just turns the phone network off, but you can still use the device. you have to pull out the battery.
    It supports both B and G according to the UG.

"Wi-Fi (802.11b/g, 802.1x with EAP-PEAP, EAP-TLS)"
    what about dashwire? i am really excited about this program and i am wondering how it works on the 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Some general notes:

72MB RAM free after soft reset, 150-160MB ROM
    GPS works great, even indoors!
    Centro-sized battery
    Some apps will look awful in 320x320 (eg, AIM Beta Messenger)
    Camera is not too great I took a pic but it was so bad I didn't even want to upload it.

It feels MUCH smaller than the 700wx, and not much bigger than the Centro
    The KB is a joy to use. The keys have a lower profile, and typing is much easier than it was on the wx. This is the first Treo I have started typing on that I didn't have to readjust to.

can you take a pic of the sms chat program working? does the led change color when you recieve a text or email, missed call?
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    Just picked mine up an hr ago.. A lot of stores have them, but are not selling till the 13th. One store I was at someone called and asked about the 800 and the rep asked the manager and he said not till the 13th, the rep said, we have them in the back, but the manager said no. I had to go to another store to get mine, because the same manager would not sell it to me.

Now, so far, the pics don't do it justice, its really a nice looking phone, and it is a lot lighter then my 755. I just got home with it, and its charging now, and I'm impressed so far. The one thing I noticed and maybe someone else can chime in on, is I paired my JX10 to it, and the volume seems to be lower then what it was on my 755. I have the volume up all the way, but it just doesn't sound as loud. I'm going to be playing with it some more, but so far so good. The GPS worked right out the door for me, I was in my truck and was playing with it for a little while and it picked up where I was pretty quick and found places near by. So far, I like a lot.. Now comes the fun part of moving from my 755 to the 800...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Can you use the GPS and talk on the phone at the same time? Can you do anything else on the phone while the GPS is navigating? I have a dedicated GPS unit in addition to my Centro because I often need to talk on the phone and use GPS at the same time, which you can't do simultaneously on older Treo/Centro phones.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    GPS at one location inside a building was BLOCKS off. GPS is one of the difference makers in this device and it better be good. Can Mogul or Touch owners w/ GPS enabled speak to this? Is the GPS useless indoors? Some locations come up fine but I don't like to be off by blocks on others. I'd rather have the phone not show me a location. Maybe I have to play with some settings to get it to work.
    I have the Mogul and often when using the GPS indoors I get really bad positioning, sometimes it's off by blocks and once in a while much more than that. When you're inside I think the GPS function fails back to using aGPS from the cell towers and it can sometimes be inaccurate. I'm not at all surprised to hear that the same thing happens with the new Treo.
    Last edited by Mykroft; 07/11/2008 at 09:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I love the one-handed operation of this phone. I can literally do EVERYTHING with one hand. At first I didn't think that I would like the soft buttons having actual hard buttons on it, but you can do everything without touching the screen. I know that sort of contradicts having a touchscreen, but I live in the south and if I'm sweating I hate to touch the screen because it smudges. So in times like that the one-handed navigation is sweet.

Going from a 700P to a Mogul and now the 800W. I'm loving being back on Palm. You also gotta love having 50MB more ram. This phone is so peppy. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to make the X button actually close the program instead of minimizing it. But then again I haven't looked in the manual yet. This is worth the money. But I too got the 50 off and free activation. Don't forget to ask that when purchasing it.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I also wanted to add that SPB Mobile shell works flawlessly with no lag whatsoever. The only thing I'm not used to now is that the screen is shorter than the mogul, so things look different, but the resolution is awesome.
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by lnchbx13 View Post
    I love the one-handed operation of this phone. I can literally do EVERYTHING with one hand. At first I didn't think that I would like the soft buttons having actual hard buttons on it, but you can do everything without touching the screen. I know that sort of contradicts having a touchscreen, but I live in the south and if I'm sweating I hate to touch the screen because it smudges. So in times like that the one-handed navigation is sweet.

Going from a 700P to a Mogul and now the 800W. I'm loving being back on Palm. You also gotta love having 50MB more ram. This phone is so peppy. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to make the X button actually close the program instead of minimizing it. But then again I haven't looked in the manual yet. This is worth the money. But I too got the 50 off and free activation. Don't forget to ask that when purchasing it.
    Clicking on the X exits the apps for me... hitting OK minimizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Are you sure?? If so, this is a new feature. I have to have a task manager (tMan) installed to get that functionality on my 700wx...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post

I use the $4.95 WisBar Lite app to minimize apps when I press the okay button and close them when I hold it.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I don't believe I've seen this question answered: What accessories come in the box? Just the charger? Anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by ouchrislitt View Post
    I don't believe I've seen this question answered: What accessories come in the box? Just the charger? Anything else?
    Charger, USB cable, Manual, CD, Stereo Ear Buds

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Goggle Maps is working very good. My location is also working as well..

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast