Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    http://cgi.ebay.com/MAINS-WALL-BATTE...QQcmdZViewItem

Here is the link to the Centro battery + phone charger. Note the USB port on the end. You would plug in your USB to micro USB cable there. The Centro battery sits in the top. LEDs indicate charging status. So they say. I should get it soon and we'll see how it works.

I might also look at Seidio's multifunction charger. It's a bit more expensive, but I know it will work with the Centro and future phones thanks to its interchangeable battery charging slots.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    skfny, you're making me very jealous going from the "my order is screwed up!" to "I got one guy" so quickly! lmao

Sad to say I never made it back to Manhatten in time...damn 7 and 8pm store closings :-<
    Well, they are apparently not selling any today. They got a call from higher up and said they will not sell until the 13th.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Can you comment on any difference in the screen brightness between the 2 devices? In the store, the screen on my XV6800 was clearly brighter than the 800W with it on max brightness. I used to have a 700wx though and it was bright enough.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I am sure the toned down the screen output to save on the battery. Smart idea with everything else going on. (GPS, Wifi, etc.)
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    9) And rounding up the not so good category, SlingPlayer. They need to update this. AS I MENTIONED ABOVE, NYDITOT DID NOT DO THE TRICK BUT DID START A RESET LOOP. DO NOT TRY NYDITOT AT THIS TIME. If you want Sling on your Treo, you're out of luck on the 800w at the moment.
    This is really bad. Is it the screen res that's causing the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    This is really bad. Is it the screen res that's causing the problem?
    Don't worry about SlingPlayer...

They've always been quite good at fixing their software and I'm sure they'll push out an update.

It could have helped if Palm had actually let developers have a working version early on, ahem.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    does anyone know if you can manually put the 800w into roaming? Until the airave is released this is the only solution for me to use my phone at home. Thanks for any input!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    skfny:

Can we see some pics of Live Search in 320x320? Just curious as to what it would look like vs. 240x240.

My $150.00 discount doesn't kick in until August 1. I can't wait to get my mits on this thing!

Thanks,
    Davin
    Can you do this for me:

Attach the USB port to your computer. Then make a call using your bluetooth headset. Can you talk on the bluetooth with no problem?

I ask because with the Mogul and the latest firmware, this isn't possible. It's been very bad for me in my car with my mogul attached to my stereo. When a call comes thru or I make a call, I have to detach the Mogul (while driving) just so I can hear thru the bluetooth, otherwise it routes to the speakers and I can hear the caller, but they can't hear me. Super frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    Have you tried BT headset with Voice Command yet?
    Anyone?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    More pics!

1) Opera Mini on the two devices. Note that this is the zoomed in view, text is perfectly readable on both devices (although not so much in the pic). I used small text settings on both devices. The difference in actual on-screen content is dramatic.
    thanks skfny! that definitely answers my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Don't worry about SlingPlayer...

They've always been quite good at fixing their software and I'm sure they'll push out an update.

It could have helped if Palm had actually let developers have a working version early on, ahem.
    It took sling a while to get around the directdraw issues on the htc machines, altho0ugh to their credit they finally did.

looking forward to sling 2.0
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Can you do this for me:

Attach the USB port to your computer. Then make a call using your bluetooth headset. Can you talk on the bluetooth with no problem?

I ask because with the Mogul and the latest firmware, this isn't possible. It's been very bad for me in my car with my mogul attached to my stereo. When a call comes thru or I make a call, I have to detach the Mogul (while driving) just so I can hear thru the bluetooth, otherwise it routes to the speakers and I can hear the caller, but they can't hear me. Super frustrating.
    There are car stereo decks with Bluetooth AD2P in them where you can send your music directly to the car and when a phone call comes then the music cuts out and goes to phone call which will be heard over the speakers. No wires because the mic is built into the deck so you just talk to the deck. Very Cool. JVC just came out with a deck this summer that is called the El Kameleon which disappears after the car is turned off so no faceplate to take with and handles Bluetooth 2.0. Little pricey but it is my next toy I am getting after the Treo 800w.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-r2ECAIo...x?i=105KDAVX44
    Last edited by chad783; 07/11/2008 at 01:40 PM.
    Has anyone tried BT Voice Command on the new treo? I believe that it said in the leaked Treo 800w data sheet.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    It took sling a while to get around the directdraw issues on the htc machines, altho0ugh to their credit they finally did.

looking forward to sling 2.0
    True, but that was much more complicated than adjusting for a standardized resolution issue. That required investigation and patchwork on their end--going above what they normally do

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.shimp View Post
    Has anyone tried BT Voice Command on the new treo? I believe that it said in the leaked Treo 800w data sheet.
    Thanks
    Wow, I missed that in the data sheet. Right there at the end of all the BT profiles supported it says "Voice dialing over Bluetooth wireless." I've just been assuming this wouldn't work b/c it hasn't worked previously and no one has reported it working yet. Apparently it's supposed to though. I hope it's correct!
    Quote Originally Posted by chad783 View Post
    There are car stereo decks with Bluetooth AD2P in them where you can send your music directly to the car and when a phone call comes then the music cuts out and goes to phone call which will be heard over the speakers. No wires because the mic is built into the deck so you just talk to the deck. Very Cool. JVC just came out with a deck this summer that is called the El Kameleon which disappears after the car is turned off so no faceplate to take with and handles Bluetooth 2.0. Little pricey but it is my next toy I am getting after the Treo 800w.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-r2ECAIo...x?i=105KDAVX44
    Hopefully it will work flawlessly with my Pioneer AVIC-D3....without the Jetware add-on..

IGO
    Quote Originally Posted by strengthcoach4 View Post
    does anyone know if you can manually put the 800w into roaming? Until the airave is released this is the only solution for me to use my phone at home. Thanks for any input!
    According to the leaked manual this phone still has the "roaming only" option.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by strengthcoach4 View Post
    When is Air Rave going to be released???
    My first impression of the device:

"wow this thing is small"

It's strange because when you put it next to the 700wx, it really doesn't look that much smaller. But in your hand it feels so much smaller (and lighter).

Now granted I have never touched a Centro so I can't compare to that.

Device really isn't bad looking either. Much better looking in person than in pics.

My biggest concern will be battery life.
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast