Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Have you tried BT headset with Voice Command yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Dunno, don't have HTC Home Screen installed. Do you have a CAB link for me?
    I tried HTC Home Version 2.X.X (sorry don't remember exact version) and it installs fine but nothing comes up on the home screen, even tried soft rebooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roloc View Post
    I just got mine and loaded up google maps pretty much right away. The GPS works like a champ with it I was really impressed. I didn't use the telenav app as they want you to pay like $9.99 a month. For the routing and such.
    Are you sure google maps work with gps functionality? Few people mentioned that when they installed and tried to open google map they got error of some kind.

Can anyone else check this too please. Thanks.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Those pics are effing awesome!

So nice to see something that is not blurry and low res.

Thanks
    I took those photos
    You're welcome!

They're of my 800w. Now I'm waiting for skfny to get in so he can show me how to use it. AIM won't connect. And I want an easier way to open programs and access programs that are already running!
    Has anyone tried to use Kinoma running through Styletap?

I still can't decide between this and waiting for the Touch pro dad burnit.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Huh. I just used to assign in WMP options the letter 'O' to turn off the screen. Did you know you could do that?

Inside wmp, its menu, options, buttons tab, reassign a button to turn off the screen.
    Yes, except that when you do that, the keyboard lights stay on. I could also run the Treolight program to turn the keyboard backlight off before doing that, but honestly, if I have to go through that many steps to stream radio off the internet and put the phone back in the holster without worrying about it running down battery life, I may as well have a HTC phone.

It's not a deal breaker. Since I couldn't do it on the 700wx, I've pretty much just stopped listening to streaming radio. Just a curiosity question.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Once again, did you test the browser speeds with DSLreports.com? If so, are there major differences with using Rev A compared to EVDO?
    can someone post screenshots of side-by-side shots of the same website in Opera Mini on the 800w and the 700wx? I spend all day in Opera Mini and want to gauge how much more value the 320x320 screen will provide me.
    I was all set to take some snaps but Nyditot did not treat the phone very well. Going through a reset loop now. DO NOT INSTALL NYDITOT!!!!
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    ive heard the stylus is flimsy, could ir be replaced with the one from the 700?
  11.    #131  
    Damn your a pushy lil effer. Its a ton quicker. I was getting 500kb or so during peak time last night with rev a. That was the 1mb test.

Ill try again now.
    Quote Originally Posted by chad783 View Post
    Once again, did you test the browser speeds with DSLreports.com? If so, are there major differences with using Rev A compared to EVDO?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Are you sure google maps work with gps functionality? Few people mentioned that when they installed and tried to open google map they got error of some kind.

Can anyone else check this too please. Thanks.
    Yup I am sure it works great. Actually a lot better than I thought it would... If I could figure out how to take a picture of it without a digital camera handy (on a business trip) I would show you.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewdoc21 View Post
    ive heard the stylus is flimsy, could ir be replaced with the one from the 700?
    This is very true and no it can not. The one from the 700wx is to big... give it a month and I am sure you will have 100 different options
  14.    #134  
    yuck... even worse now. 250kb.

although I am not in the strongest area of reception. My house is a black hole of cellular signal.

Damn your a pushy lil effer. Its a ton quicker. I was getting 500kb or so during peak time last night with rev a. That was the 1mb test.

Ill try again now.
  15.    #135  
    since 8 a.m. this morning and battery is more than half gone. This is going to be rough coming from my 3300 mah seido extended battery.

I'd prefer a 2200 extended in the same size without the hump.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Compare to EVDO at 1k I am getting 162. Thanks for running the test.
    More pics!

1) Opera Mini on the two devices. Note that this is the zoomed in view, text is perfectly readable on both devices (although not so much in the pic). I used small text settings on both devices. The difference in actual on-screen content is dramatic.

2) Styletap Home Screen. Note the hi-res icons for some apps. For some reason, not all Astraware apps are hi-res aware...

3) Mars Needs Cows is a Palm OS game that does look to be hi-res aware

4) Text is sharper on the 800w. This is with ClearType turned on on both devices. Please turn on ClearType. Your eyes will thank you.

5) Today screens with the Resco today app. You can create shortcuts for your favorite apps and show small or large icons. This is showing large icons. Small icons are much better, they fit 11 across on one line. The hidelogo file did NOT appear to work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by skfny; 07/11/2008 at 11:06 AM.
    6) Google Maps comparison. I zoomed in all the way. Note how much more content is on the 800w screen at this zoom level. As evidenced by this shot and the Opera Mini shot above, hi-res matters. Google Maps did NOT find my location using the GPS, but it appears it is trying to access the GPS since it found at least one satellite...

7) And neither, for that matter, did TomTom. But TomTom does run and look beautifuls. Maybe I need to get an updated version to recognize the internal GPS? It wasn't even an option.

8) AIM on the 800w. The pic doesn't describe how truly bad it looked. The text is barely readable. I'll try to install Resco Photo Viewer on the 800 and capture some screens.

9) And rounding up the not so good category, SlingPlayer. They need to update this. AS I MENTIONED ABOVE, NYDITOT DID NOT DO THE TRICK BUT DID START A RESET LOOP. DO NOT TRY NYDITOT AT THIS TIME. If you want Sling on your Treo, you're out of luck on the 800w at the moment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roloc View Post
    I just got mine and loaded up google maps pretty much right away. The GPS works like a champ with it I was really impressed. I didn't use the telenav app as they want you to pay like $9.99 a month. For the routing and such.
    I cant get google maps to work
    skfny, you're making me very jealous going from the "my order is screwed up!" to "I got one guy" so quickly! lmao

Sad to say I never made it back to Manhatten in time...damn 7 and 8pm store closings :-<

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast