Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by bearxor View Post
    If you're playing a radio stream through WMP (http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/) can you press the end button to turn off the screen and keyboard lights similar to the way an HTC device will let you do it by pressing the standby button to turn it off, or does it instantly kill the stream when you press the standby on the 800w like it does on the 700wx.

Pretty much my only 700wx pet peeve.
    Huh. I just used to assign in WMP options the letter 'O' to turn off the screen. Did you know you could do that?

Inside wmp, its menu, options, buttons tab, reassign a button to turn off the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    More misc notes-

Touch accs are not compatible with the microUSB connector. I thought someone said they would be. They don't appear to fit. Maybe the Touch used miniUSB.
    HTC Touch uses MiniUSB. the MicroUSB connector looks flatter and wider than the MiniUSB.
    Yes, the battery is the same 1150mAh. I'll pop a Centro battery in tomorrow to confirm that it does in fact work. I'll also post a link to eBay auctions for the combo battery-phone charger. I plan to have one of these at home and the office with the 800w's meager battery life.

And they're cheap-$10 shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    HTC Touch uses MiniUSB. the MicroUSB connector looks flatter and wider than the MiniUSB.
    I know. I thought I read that the Touch and Mogul use microUSB somewhere. No big deal. I have a Touch cable, wall and car charger to sell for $10 or so.
    I know. I thought I read that the Touch and Mogul use microUSB somewhere. No big deal. I have a Touch cable, wall and car charger to sell for $10 or so.
    no biggie. man, all this reading about the device--really can't wait to get my hands on one! hopefully mine order processes and ships out early next week, if not sooner!
    can you comment on the earpiece volume/quality.... I have bad hearing... my 755p is has very loud earpiece volume and works well, I'm hoping that the 800w is as good or better... I notice that the design of the earpiece is totally different now??? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTreo650 View Post
    can you comment on the earpiece volume/quality.... I have bad hearing... my 755p is has very loud earpiece volume and works well, I'm hoping that the 800w is as good or better... I notice that the design of the earpiece is totally different now??? Thanks
    It can get very loud because it's telecoil-compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by MinistrOfJustiz View Post
    The fact that none of these actual, good pics are up on the front page yet is a testament to how painful Mal's ink work must've been.
    lmao...

Actually I thought Dieter was going to as I sent him the links.

I'll try to get to it tomorrow and yeah, it was very painful tonight as I nearly fainted later on the LIRR, hot flashes then freezing...ugh, very uncomfortable.
    Coming around though...
    Hopefully, if you're inside a building, you know where you are. I can see where this could be a problem if you are kidnapped, though. You wrestle a hand free from the ropes, blindly send your coordinates to the FBI, and then... bam! The Kidnap and Rescue team kicks in the door of a taco restaurant a few blocks away.

Belatedly, thanks for the great pics. Finally getting an understanding of this midnight blue color, and I'm thinking I dig it.
    This was diasspointing because I hoped to be able to install Vito's GPS app on my wife's (and eventually kid's 800w's). This way we all know where the others are.

The way it works is you send an SMS with a keyword and a PW and the phone returns its current coordinates to the sender of the SMS. Having a margin of error of 3 blocks is going to make this impossible unfortunately.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I think I'm caught up in this thread, but sorry if this is a duplicate question: Any impressions on one-handed functionality yet, gents?

Very nice. The new button layout takes a little adjustment from the 700wx though. I feels very light compared to the 700wx. The screen is awesome! You will have to change your font settings to maximize the screen resolution. If you use ptunes like me, you will have to download a new screen saver size.
    Treo 600-->Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Diamond --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO
    To combine two of my previous thoughts, I think it would be useful to ultimately develop a database of apps that are not 320x320 compatible. This would allow for some elaborate MortScripts that detect incompatible apps and invoke Nyditot to change the virtual resolution to 240x240 or 240x320 to make things look decent.

I have no idea if this will work well or at all but hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow and this weekend to look into the list of 50 things I want to test.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    How about some videos!! I just checked youtube and still haven't seen anything posted yet.
    The 5-way is very easy to handle. Surprisingly easy. Someone actually spent time on the touch and feel of this device. The KB and buttons are amazing.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Been charging of and on all day. Every user better have a spare or two! The max brightness has obviously been restricted to be lower than other Treos for the battery sake but... Any one else have a problem with the screen dimming and not comming back up at the max brightness setting??
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
    The 5-way is very easy to handle. Surprisingly easy. Someone actually spent time on the touch and feel of this device. The KB and buttons are amazing.
    Good info. That's the draw of this device -- useability. It won't win any sex appeal contests, and that's fine by me. I want to get stuff done!

I'd heard of that GPS ap you mentioned. Hadn't thought of that. I'm wondering if the issue is in the 800w software or the tower software? It seems like something that would be fixable -- I kind of hope it is in the device, and then we'd just be waiting on Palm [or ebag] to fix it instead of Sprint!
    To combine two of my previous thoughts, I think it would be useful to ultimately develop a database of apps that are not 320x320 compatible. This would allow for some elaborate MortScripts that detect incompatible apps and invoke Nyditot to change the virtual resolution to 240x240 or 240x320 to make things look decent.

I have no idea if this will work well or at all but hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow and this weekend to look into the list of 50 things I want to test.

Good thoughts...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    So about the picture quality, is it really that bad? I use my 755p to get pictures of my son and send them out to family, and it can take some really good pictures. My mom had one of them framed in a 4x6 picture that didnt look bad at all. Is it at least as good as the 755/700p?
    I just got mine and loaded up google maps pretty much right away. The GPS works like a champ with it I was really impressed. I didn't use the telenav app as they want you to pay like $9.99 a month. For the routing and such.
    Just bought mine at the Sprint store..First impressions ..Love it..Real Snappy and great kb. Really like the POI app. Its a great functional phone !
  20. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    How's bluetooth headset quality compared to WX? Which models have you tried?