Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    How about some screen shots of running programs like an Excel spreadsheet on the 800 and the 700 side by side?

Can you receive a phone call while using wifi or does it go to voice mail like the Mogul?
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Can any of you two touch the battery life please (real battery life, with all services on, i.e bluetooth, gps, wifi and phone)? Also I am interested in call quality (specially volume, is it loud enough), speaker quality, temperature (how hot does it get compared to 755p while on call). I am also interested in GPS usage that you guys mentioned. Do you have to pay extra for GPS plan (navigation as Sprint call it)? Is any of you on SERO plan? I want to know what should we SERO plan customer should do to get navigation working without loosing SERO plan itself.
    By the way I am 90% ready to leave my 755p in favor of 800w but want to know I am making right decision. I thank you all for your help Darth Pooh and SKFNY.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Mini or 9.5? I'll try 9.5 (which was complete garbage on the wx). Mini runs within Java, I am sure it is fine.
    Everytime I try to type in a field with 9.5, it doesn't work with the hard keyboard. Crap... it looks good tho, and youtube came right up.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Can you browse the internet over WiFi and talk at the same time?

Does WMwifiRouter (wmwifirouter.com) works?

Quality of the stereo headset pretty good? or cheap quality like any other headset given with phones.

Also curious about TomTom seeing the internal GPS.
    Yes I called my girlfriend while she asked me to look up cookies... so that is a check.
    Is the price $249 or $349 after rebates? I see that people are claiming that there is only 1 $100 rebate, but it was reported previously that there would be 2.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    if you are an existing Sprint customer and are eligible for the $150 loyalty program, then it is $250 after a $100 rebate.
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    if you are an existing Sprint customer and are eligible for the $150 loyalty program, then it is $250
    Oh. Ok. Awesome. Because I just recently had my two year anniversary with Sprint, so I qualify for the $150 discount.
    ... I am willing to answer whatever you want.
    In your honest opinion: Is it worth the money?
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Can any of you two touch the battery life please (real battery life, with all services on, i.e bluetooth, gps, wifi and phone)? Also I am interested in call quality (specially volume, is it loud enough), speaker quality, temperature (how hot does it get compared to 755p while on call). I am also interested in GPS usage that you guys mentioned. Do you have to pay extra for GPS plan (navigation as Sprint call it)? Is any of you on SERO plan? I want to know what should we SERO plan customer should do to get navigation working without loosing SERO plan itself.
    By the way I am 90% ready to leave my 755p in favor of 800w but want to know I am making right decision. I thank you all for your help Darth Pooh and SKFNY.
    It is kind of hard to do with only having the device for 5 hours now... I feel like the speaker phone is impressive (louder than the wx but not as loud as the 700p with Callcare, is that what it was called? it's been too long).

Gps should work with stand alone programs, I'll be able to test TomTom tomorrow when I get my memory card. Sprint also offers for 10 bucks a month, turn by turn GPS so you don't have to use TomTom. I am not on SERO and I think you should go get it... you have 30 days to play and change your mind. Worth the shot, since you're 90% ready...

Mine was 375.00 with taxes included (no activation charge) and then a $100.00 mail in rebate. The store honored that online deal...
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by govtcheez View Post
    In your honest opinion: Is it worth the money?
    Absolutely... I am fair more impressed than I thought I would be. I got it for a few upgrade reasons... namely memory and storage space, the screen, wifi and gps (plus Palm goodies which are amazing!) are just blowing me away. And it feels like I own a normal phone again!
    Absolutely... I am fair more impressed than I thought I would be. I got it for a few upgrade reasons... namely memory and storage space, the screen, wifi and gps (plus Palm goodies which are amazing!) are just blowing me away. And it feels like I own a normal phone again!
    I've grown VERY tired to my Mogul, and although I would love the Touch Pro, I don't think I can:
    A) wait that long
    B) risk getting another HTC device that will disappoint me
    C) Pay more than $250ish

It looks like I'll be going back to the Treo.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    How about some screen shots of running programs like an Excel spreadsheet on the 800 and the 700 side by side?

Can you receive a phone call while using wifi or does it go to voice mail like the Mogul?
    Yep, on Wifi and I sure got a call right through as data was transferring.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It is kind of hard to do with only having the device for 5 hours now... I feel like the speaker phone is impressive (louder than the wx but not as loud as the 700p with Callcare, is that what it was called? it's been too long).

Gps should work with stand alone programs, I'll be able to test TomTom tomorrow when I get my memory card. Sprint also offers for 10 bucks a month, turn by turn GPS so you don't have to use TomTom. I am not on SERO and I think you should go get it... you have 30 days to play and change your mind. Worth the shot, since you're 90% ready...

Mine was 375.00 with taxes included (no activation charge) and then a $100.00 mail in rebate. The store honored that online deal...
    Thanks a lot for your answers. I will wait for your battery life results . As per SERO thing. I had it for last 2 years and my contract just expired 2 months ago. So I am month to month and ready for new phone.

Also how hot does it get while on phone or using WiFi/GPS?? And, does it really come with extra battery in package as it rumored?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    So what's the deal with the two batteries...anyone confirm if it's true?

Thanks Darth Pooh for reporting back. Glad to hear things are good with the phone, can't wait to get mine this weekend (i hope). Enjoy..

btw, speed test of its upload speed and download? (curious how Rev A speeds are, particularly the upload and latency).
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera

Whats the word on the browser that beats safari O_o?
    Opera is a bust... it stops responding to hard keyboard input in fields.

BUT, it loads and looks good... so it might be the fact that it is a specific build for a device that isn't even released here yet.

I am sure the commercial release of 9.5 is going to be just fine!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    And it feels like I own a normal phone again!
    What were you using before??
    Yep, on Wifi and I sure got a call right through as data was transferring.

Thanks, I can see the added screen realestate. I would like to see one with some data to see how much smaller a font works on the 800w to still be sharp.

Do you use pocket informant? I bet that is much better too.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
  18.    #78  
    No extended battery. My Sprint rep today told me that their Palm rep told them that to just stop the other Sprint reps from complaining while on the conference call. Palm went CHEAP with some things on this phone for sure... battery and stylus are the obvious ones for me.
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    What were you using before??
    The wx with 3300 extended battery. BEASTY.

Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    Thanks, I can see the added screen realestate. I would like to see one with some data to see how much smaller a font works on the 800w to still be sharp.

Do you use pocket informant? I bet that is much better too.
    I do not use PI... I don't even use the calender function of WM6, I am not that "organized" guy.

I'll put on an excel file tomorrow when I get my card.
    I think I'm caught up in this thread, but sorry if this is a duplicate question: Any impressions on one-handed functionality yet, gents?
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast