Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    how is the web browsing experience compared to the 700wx?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Is it possible to use the HTC Home Screen with this phone? If so, do you retain the ability to dial right from the home screen just like you can with a "stock" 800w?
  3.    #43  
    Dunno, don't have HTC Home Screen installed. Do you have a CAB link for me?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik View Post
    how is the web browsing experience compared to the 700wx?
    Much quicker with REV A, and WiFi is even quicker!
    which version of IE does it come with?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Dunno, don't have HTC Home Screen installed. Do you have a CAB link for me?
    I don't but you may want to hold off on trying it anyway. If you go to the following link, it talks about how to install it on a 700wx but I'm not sure if it would work the same on the 800w. Maybe Mal or someone else will jump in with some more info but I'd hate to see you brick your phone (although I highly doubt that would happen):

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=148654
    How the physical size of the screen compared to the 700wx?
    i use SPB Mobile Shell for soft reset
    Have you Tried Skype on the 800w yet. This would be a very important thing for me since I would be using skype to supplement getting less minutes by switching to Sprint:

http://skype.com/download/skype/windowsmobile/
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

Sprint Treo 700p
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT w/UConnect
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I don't but you may want to hold off on trying it anyway. If you go to the following link, it talks about how to install it on a 700wx but I'm not sure if it would work the same on the 800w. Maybe Mal or someone else will jump in with some more info but I'd hate to see you brick your phone (although I highly doubt that would happen):

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=148654
    Too many negatives to think about installing when Mobile Shell does that with less screen real estate.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondfry View Post
    How the physical size of the screen compared to the 700wx?
    Look identical to me... I haven't lost anything in terms of screen real estate on my programs.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by PWC Realtor View Post
    Have you Tried Skype on the 800w yet. This would be a very important thing for me since I would be using skype to supplement getting less minutes by switching to Sprint:

http://skype.com/download/skype/windowsmobile/
    Just installed it... sorry, resolution doesn't fit 320 x 320 screens (well not full screen, its offset, but still readable). And then I get a nice old "We're Sorry... cannot start Skype" and promptly crashes on me.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    i use SPB Mobile Shell for soft reset
    Me too, or Wisbar Lite.
    I used Resco Explorer's Today Plug-in on the 700wx. You can have like 50 links to apps or docs on the home screen neatly arranged in rows. I'll try it on the 800 tomorrow.

PIE was MUCH faster than it was on the wx. I can't wait to see how fast OperaMini is going to fly.
    Does thiird-party GPS like TomTom or Garmin XT work with built-in GPS?

How much use do you get off of a full battery charge?
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    Does thiird-party GPS like TomTom or Garmin XT work with built-in GPS?

How much use do you get off of a full battery charge?
    It should work, it has both GPS and aGPS, however... I don't have a large enough memory card to install TomTom yet. I should by tomorrow... but the direct answer should be, yep!
    Not diggin the screen size. Then again the Mogul I use has a 2.8 inch screen.

Is the camera that bad? The Mogul 2MP isn't great but much better than the 700wx. The Sanyo M1 2MP is the top dog camera. Has auto focusl
    Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera

Whats the word on the browser that beats safari O_o?
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera Opera

Whats the word on the browser that beats safari O_o?
    Mini or 9.5? I'll try 9.5 (which was complete garbage on the wx). Mini runs within Java, I am sure it is fine.
    Can you browse the internet over WiFi and talk at the same time?

Does WMwifiRouter (wmwifirouter.com) works?

Quality of the stereo headset pretty good? or cheap quality like any other headset given with phones.

Also curious about TomTom seeing the internal GPS.
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast