Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Thanks for the wonderful site!
    X2... but how do we add these stations onto pocket tunes? I've tried and it doesnt seem to want to play them at all..
    Quote Originally Posted by action-packed View Post
    thanks. i have zero experience with registry editing but i guess now's the time to learn.
    That's the fun part
    for some reason now whenever i just leave my phone by itself the backlight just stays off. before the phone would lock itself. also is there a program that would let me turn off the screen during a call?
    I"m coming from the Centro and Chatter. I use Exchange at work. Will this device sync my tasks automatically like push email?

I'd love to get the Treo Pro but I'm on Sprint. Anyone recommed waiting for HTC Touch Pro?
    The Treo 800w snycs up with Exchange server using IMap just fine. I have it set up to sync up two email servers both using Exchange Server. It works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    I"m coming from the Centro and Chatter. I use Exchange at work. Will this device sync my tasks automatically like push email?

I'd love to get the Treo Pro but I'm on Sprint. Anyone recommed waiting for HTC Touch Pro?
    If your company has Exchange Active Sync setup, it the 800W will sync your email, calendar, contact, and tasks over the air.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    That's the fun part
    thanks for your help. after much research i finally had the guts to try it and it works beautifully. thanks!
    I am having trouble with my email account. When I send an email to someone, it shows it's from "Windows Live" not my name. I've successfully changed this on my PC. If I send from my PC it lets the recipient know who it's from. If I send from my 800, it still shows "Windows Live". I've tried deleting the account on my 800. It will not let me. I've tried setting up a new account with the above accounts information. It will not overwrite. Any Suggestions?
    Okay, I figured it out. What I had to do was go to Windows Live and sign in with the browser. I had to change the information in Preferences. Then I had to go on my 800 and go to Start/Programs/Windows Live and sign out. It asks if you want to sign out which will erase everything. Click Yes and then sign in again. It takes you back through set up. It worked. I tired just changing and syncing. That did not work I had to sign out and re register on my 800.
    Ah my 1st question. Ok what is the best black background I can simply download to my 800?(Sprint)
    #2- is there an accelerometer to enable my 800w to work faster in other sites per se: sprintusers? Thanks
    Darth Pooh, I think my previous questions include you, if I may.
    JohnH59, Nice sled.
    OK, I did a search and cannot find what I'm looking for. I hope someone can help. I could not save pictures from PIE. I know several people are having this problem. Nobody has found a fix. With the addition of Sprint Picture Mail, I wanted this fixed. I decided to do a hard reset. That works now. I can save pictures now. Now with Sprint canceling the PCS mail, I did not bother setting up that account since I rarely use it. I chose instead to set up my Hotmail account as my mail. I get my mail just fine. No problems signing in or getting the mail. The problem I am having is that everything is coming up as text not HTML. I can't find the setting for it. I've gone through all options for this account and come up blank. Thanks in advance.
    Treo 800w
    Voice command working perfectly...kinda of. Loaded several demos and then deleted the demos. Now voice command does not work. When I enable the setting, I get the following message, "Voice Command has encountered a problem. Restart Voice Command and try again."

I have done several soft resets.
    I do not want to do a hard reset, if possible.
    Any suggestions? Is there a vc cab that can be reinstalled?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    jimhall
    Last edited by jhall; 11/12/2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: wrong word
    Can I use Blackberry Connect with the Treo 800w to connect into a BES?

Answer by JohnnyMac (Thanks JohnnyMac!):
    Nope - Blackberry Connect was last supported on a Cingular 650. No support for BBC on any more-recent devices. I know your IT guys will say 'we only support Blackberry' but if you use Exchange at your company, you can very likely use EAS - Exchange ActiveSync. Do you guys use Exchange?
    Last edited by rocketman002; 11/24/2008 at 07:53 AM.
    -------------------------------------------
    "Identify, Analyze, Decide, Resolve, Learn"

Treo 800w
    Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman002 View Post
    Can I use Blackberry Connect with the Treo 800w to connect into a BES?
    Nope - Blackberry Connect was last supported on a Cingular 650. No support for BBC on any more-recent devices. I know your IT guys will say 'we only support Blackberry' but if you use Exchange at your company, you can very likely use EAS - Exchange ActiveSync. Do you guys use Exchange?
    How do I set up (if possible) Gmail IMAP instead of POP3 using the built-in email software? When I create an account it says that it "automatically found settings for Gmail" and will not let me enter the POP/IMAP or SMTP addresses. However, when I go back into the settings I can edit the POP3 address and POP3 is selected and grayed out so I can NOT select IMAP.
    So does anyone know how to set this up w/ IMAP?
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    How do I set up (if possible) Gmail IMAP instead of POP3 using the built-in email software? When I create an account it says that it "automatically found settings for Gmail" and will not let me enter the POP/IMAP or SMTP addresses. However, when I go back into the settings I can edit the POP3 address and POP3 is selected and grayed out so I can NOT select IMAP.
    So does anyone know how to set this up w/ IMAP?
    Delete your gmail account and start all over. Make sure to uncheck " try to get email settings automatically from the internet"
    Actually, set it up as a generic IMAP account and name it something else. The incoming: imap.gmail.com & outgoing SMTP: smtp.gmail.com