Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930 LastLast
    Thanks for reposting this - I installed the triangle powers BT software this morning and it works great. Even with the ringer switch off I get all the audio right to my headset (Plantronics 650). Works good for Sprint TV and Sprint Nav, but music is really low. I'll be using it more for the TV and Nav so it doesn't bug me about the music.
    Nothing is fast on these devices when compared to POS devices such as the Centro; however, when compared to other devices, it is faster. As far as is the application slow? Sure, but it is faster than Pocket Outlook and frankly, it works with bunches of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Do you find that it's slow on the 800w?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Nothing is fast on these devices when compared to POS devices such as the Centro; however, when compared to other devices, it is faster. As far as is the application slow? Sure, but it is faster than Pocket Outlook and frankly, it works with bunches of options.
    Maybe it's something else but when sending email it seems to bog down my Treo. On Friday night I was getting upset because IDLE wasn't working well as I kept missing emails. I did a few manual syncs and they then came through.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    This was not the post I was thinking of but thank you. It works great.
    I imagine your problem was not the application itself, but the mail server. I noticed 1 day of problems with Everyone.net, while Fastmail & GMail were ripping right along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Maybe it's something else but when sending email it seems to bog down my Treo. On Friday night I was getting upset because IDLE wasn't working well as I kept missing emails. I did a few manual syncs and they then came through.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Long story short... I tryed to instal HTC home plugin Everything worked fine untill I hit the rotate sreen tab. I later read that if you hit the tab it would make the D-pad inop. Well thats what happend along with the keyboard not working. What I mean by not working is when I was writing an sms I typed a word it would add extra charactors to the word. Or if I hit the delete button it would not delete. It basicly recognized each charactor as something other than what it was. So I decided to hard reset would fix whatever I messed up on the hardware side. Well after about 20 attempts and removing every singel app its still a no go. It works fine besides the keybored and the D-pad issue but I cant get it to Hard reset. I have taken out the battery and placed it back in, held the red button and nothing. I cant get the option to press up and erase the memory. I have done this many times in the past and the phone simply wont reset to the its stock mode. Any ideas before I have to take it back or go through the insurance. If there is a registry change to make the D-pad and qwerty keybored work like normal again that would be great. But I find it very strange that I cant do a hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by improve View Post
    Long story short... I tryed to instal HTC home plugin Everything worked fine untill I hit the rotate sreen tab. I later read that if you hit the tab it would make the D-pad inop. Well thats what happend along with the keyboard not working. What I mean by not working is when I was writing an sms I typed a word it would add extra charactors to the word. Or if I hit the delete button it would not delete. It basicly recognized each charactor as something other than what it was. So I decided to hard reset would fix whatever I messed up on the hardware side. Well after about 20 attempts and removing every singel app its still a no go. It works fine besides the keybored and the D-pad issue but I cant get it to Hard reset. I have taken out the battery and placed it back in, held the red button and nothing. I cant get the option to press up and erase the memory. I have done this many times in the past and the phone simply wont reset to the its stock mode. Any ideas before I have to take it back or go through the insurance. If there is a registry change to make the D-pad and qwerty keybored work like normal again that would be great. But I find it very strange that I cant do a hard reset.
    Read post #3 here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=master+reset
    As long as you can get to the phone screen, you can do everything else on the touch-screen.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jabo View Post
    Read post #3 here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=master+reset
    As long as you can get to the phone screen, you can do everything else on the touch-screen.
    Thanks for the link. I took it to the sprint store and of course all they do is waste your time for about an hour or so. They act like they know what they are doing and after they waste your time they simply tell you " were gonna give you a new phone". I have to go back on thursday for a new Treo 800w. When I got home I continued reviewing all the files and erasing everything that I had put on before as well as files in the Windows folder. After alot of file exploring I managed to finaly get it to coduct a proper hard reset to factory settings. This is good because it gives me another chance to trouble shoot any issues of HTC Home Plugin with the 800w without any worries since im gettin a new one on thursday any way. Thanks again for the link it was helpfull.
    Glad to help.

I can't tell from the message above. Did you do the Master Reset or were you able to do a regular hard reset?

I am just curious to know if, after the reset, you are still having issues. If you are that means either you corrupted the rom or possibly even broke something in the hardware. Either way that is something that everyone that is using the HTC today software needs to be aware of.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Everything is working fine now. What I did was install HCT home to the 800w everything was fine until under the Luacher tab I hit the rotate icon. My D-pad went crazy and the keyboard would enterpret charactors incorectly. I figured no big deal ill reset it to factory settings and start from scratch. Well I tried over and over but could not prefor a Hard reset. I figured I would remove each individual program I had installed. That did not work either. Finaly after every installed program was removed I went into the windows folder and also erased every file that was not a stock file. Then I managed to finaly reset the phone and the option to pres up to restart after holding down the red button finaly worked again. Now it works like a charm. I have it on 126 dpi/HTC home plugin.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    First time wm and treo user. Since the 800 does not have sprint radio, is there a streaming radio program that works on the treo? More questions to follow!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Download Kinoma player (it will also allow you to easily view Youtube videos and many other things.

For streaming local radio stations (all over the US) you can go to http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/?state=TX
    PTunes also does things like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret69 View Post
    Download Kinoma player (it will also allow you to easily view Youtube videos and many other things.

For streaming local radio stations (all over the US) you can go to http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/?state=TX
    Thanks for the wonderful site!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Other than availability, what are the important differences between the 800w and the Pro? Should I wait to buy a Pro in CDMA version from Verizon (now using 700w)?
    Really, the choice between the Pro and the 800w comes down to preferences. The Pro has a flush screen, a 3.5mm headphone port, and it looks different (some say it looks better, others, like me, say it looks like a child's plastic toy).

It has a bigger battery, but it also has a more powerful processor, which takes away from the excitement of a bigger battery. Some people seem to think that it will somehow use less power than the 800w, despite having a processor that uses more power, but I really doubt that. It might be noticeably better on GSM, but on CDMA, the battery life will probably not be any better than the 800w is.

It supports bigger MicroSD cards than the 800w does, at least, according to Palm. I don't know if anyone's tested the 800w to see if something bigger than 8GB will fit.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    some say it looks better, others, like me, say it looks like a child's plastic toy.
    Here, here!!

Well... I don't know about looking like a toy but I don't care for the way it looks.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    i just got my 800w. i love it so far with the exception of the less than stellar battery life. my big gripe is with i writing a text message, once i get to 160 characters, i stops me from writing anything more. most other phones lets you keep writing and just send it as 2 text messages. anyway to disable the 160 character limit?
    Quote Originally Posted by action-packed View Post
    i just got my 800w. i love it so far with the exception of the less than stellar battery life. my big gripe is with i writing a text message, once i get to 160 characters, i stops me from writing anything more. most other phones lets you keep writing and just send it as 2 text messages. anyway to disable the 160 character limit?
    read post #18

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167161
    thanks. i have zero experience with registry editing but i guess now's the time to learn.