Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930 LastLast
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Here are some pics
    Luh-ver-lee photos!
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Howdy......Does anyone know of any way to edit the categories in Outlook mobile? I can add new categories, but can't delete any or change any. Am I missing something obvious? (As is usually my way!)
    i'm new to the treo 800w but the salesman at sprint gave a me a few extra batteries and an extra stylus etc... and worked on my e-mail for 3 hours getting it setup lol, works on bellsouth inbound and sprint outbound, so my question is, how do i fix my e-mail to work after sprint cancells it's email provider to the subscribers? thanks for all the great info, i have learned a lot reading through your posts.
    LSU Tigers #1 Baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Keller View Post
    i'm new to the treo 800w but the salesman at sprint gave a me a few extra batteries and an extra stylus etc... and worked on my e-mail for 3 hours getting it setup lol, works on bellsouth inbound and sprint outbound, so my question is, how do i fix my e-mail to work after sprint cancells it's email provider to the subscribers? thanks for all the great info, i have learned a lot reading through your posts.
    Welcome to the forum and to the treo family!

You will need to have another email account that you can set it up with treo. I hoep you already have another email service, if not, there are a lot of free providers like gmail, yahoo mail and hotmail. Once you sign up, you can just follow instructions under mail on your treo to set up yor email with that specific provider.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Welcome Dawn. You should be able to get general Bellsouth POP3 or IMAP setup instructions and use those in pocket outlook. I'll bet there is someone here that's already using their email and can walk you though it. If you don't get a response here then start a new thread in the 800w forum.

Have fun with your new toy.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Problem she has is Bell South will not let her send mail off it's server.
    I have same problem with Midcontinant here in SD. I need the Sprint PCS server to send mail from my Midco account.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Thank You for the warm welcome, i've called both bellsouth and sprint and spent hours on the phone with each making sure the setting were set right. the incoming mail server is mail.bellsouth.net and sprint says outgoing is also the same as incoming. i receive my mail fine, but cannot send e-mail at all. finally i got a technician from sprint who walked me through the setup, with a sprint outgoing email, wow even the technicians from sprint are lost with the 800w mail setup.
    LSU Tigers #1 Baby
    If reliable email is important to you and you have no problem with getting away from Sprint's email system, then take a look at GMail, Fastmail and Everyone.net - all 3 work well, the first is free, 2nd has a free level and the 3rd is paid. I use all three (Everyone.net the most, followed by GMail and Fastmail as a backup). The application I use is FlexMail.
    Thank You for the warm welcome, i've called both bellsouth and sprint and spent hours on the phone with each making sure the setting were set right. the incoming mail server is mail.bellsouth.net and sprint says outgoing is also the same as incoming. i receive my mail fine, but cannot send e-mail at all. finally i got a technician from sprint who walked me through the setup, with a sprint outgoing email, wow even the technicians from sprint are lost with the 800w mail setup.
    Dawn,
    The best bet is to go with gMail like the other folks suggested. I had Bellsouth while living in ATL and they are the WORST! Drop them and pick up whoever you can there...
    If you really need to stick with them and your email address ends with bellsouth.net or BellSouth att.net ,try this for the setup:

-In the incoming mail server section enter "fpostoffice.isp.att.net:995"
    -In the outgoing mail server section enter "fmailhost.isp.att.net:465"
    -Check "Outgoing server requires authentication" and "Use the same name and password..."
    -Go to the "Advanced Server Settings" and make sure that use SSL is checked for both.

Hopefully, this will work. I have no way of testing it but it seems that Bellsouth recently blocked the normal ports used to send email and these are the new settings. Any way... good luck!
    Last edited by Scooter_In_MN; 09/04/2008 at 01:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The application I use is FlexMail.
    I tried FlexMail, didn't care for it. Tried it again, didn't care for it again. Tried it a 3rd time and can't get it working for my Gmail account even though it worked before.

I'm coming from the Palm Centro and would love to see something like Chatteremail for WinMobile. The only reason I switched was I wanted to try something new and I heard people talking about so many great apps for WinMobile.

To tell you the truth, I don't see them. All the apps I had on my Centro were much better in my opinion from what I've seen with the Treo 800w. Granted, I've only had it for a little while but if there are so many great apps out there, they must be hidden.

I haven't really seen any advantages over the Centro at this point. What's nice is that I can use Sprint's on line ESN swap and change back and forth at will.

So for now, I'll keep plugging away. Sure wish I could find a decent email client but there doesn't appear to be any alternatives except for Flexmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    I haven't really seen any advantages over the Centro at this point. What's nice is that I can use Sprint's on line ESN swap and change back and forth at will.
    Yeah, it's mostly hardware at this point:
    • agps
    • wifi
    • larger screen

With multi-tasking and some unique software (bittorrent for myself). Personally, I just like the Today Screen concept more than the PalmOS launcher. But it's personal preference.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Let me know if you want the settings - it really does work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    I tried FlexMail, didn't care for it. Tried it again, didn't care for it again. Tried it a 3rd time and can't get it working for my Gmail account even though it worked before.

I'm coming from the Palm Centro and would love to see something like Chatteremail for WinMobile. The only reason I switched was I wanted to try something new and I heard people talking about so many great apps for WinMobile.

To tell you the truth, I don't see them. All the apps I had on my Centro were much better in my opinion from what I've seen with the Treo 800w. Granted, I've only had it for a little while but if there are so many great apps out there, they must be hidden.

So for now, I'll keep plugging away. Sure wish I could find a decent email client but there doesn't appear to be any alternatives except for Flexmail.
    I deleted everything and re-installed it and got it working. I wish it would show up on the today screen with the number of new email messages per account like outlook does.

From what I can tell, all it does is put an icon at the bottom of the screen to launch it. It does give email alerts on the top toolbar but I prefer the way outlook does it.

I'll give it a try though, not really sure if I need to pay for something that doesn't completely thrill me.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Do you find that it's slow on the 800w?
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    [QUOTE=Malatesta;1493472] unique software (bittorrent for myself). QUOTE]

What bittorent client are you using? When you are using bittorent, do you usually use EVDO or WiFi connection?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Do you find that it's slow on the 800w?
    Yeah, it's a bit slow, but then again compared to my Centro, everything seems a bit slower.
    OK, I have done several searches. "Sprint Navigation", "Sprint Navigation Bluetooth", "Sprint Navigation A2DP", "Bluetooth A2DP". I KNOW I saw it posted here. I was looking for the thread with the 3rd party application to allow Sprint Navigation to be heard over a Bluetooth ear piece. I could have sworn I even posted a reply there. I can't find this thread. Anyway, I have the 800 and an original Jawbone. Is there a 3rd party application that I can use to allow Sprint Navigation to be heard over my ear piece? I can barely hear it in the car. I have to pull over after every direction on the motorcycle. I could really use this application.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1068 View Post
    OK, I have done several searches. "Sprint Navigation", "Sprint Navigation Bluetooth", "Sprint Navigation A2DP", "Bluetooth A2DP". I KNOW I saw it posted here. I was looking for the thread with the 3rd party application to allow Sprint Navigation to be heard over a Bluetooth ear piece. I could have sworn I even posted a reply there. I can't find this thread. Anyway, I have the 800 and an original Jawbone. Is there a 3rd party application that I can use to allow Sprint Navigation to be heard over my ear piece? I can barely hear it in the car. I have to pull over after every direction on the motorcycle. I could really use this application.
    You have to have a BT ear piece that has A2DP. Then, under Bluetooth settings, go to the paired BT ear piece and click it and set it as wireless stereo.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Thanks. I could of swprm I saw somw here talk of an app to change this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1068 View Post
    Thanks. I could of swprm I saw somw here talk of an app to change this.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...38&postcount=5