Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930 LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 586
  1. #501  
    Thanks, Kash...I feel really stupid, but the .cab is the folder, right? I can't find any files with that extension. The folder that Opera came with is called ".cab". When I open the folder, I extract the files and then don't know what to click to launch the installation. It's probably so simple!
  2. #502  
    Don't extract anything. If you're downloading from your computer, just save the .cab file from the Opera website to your desktop, and then copy it to your phone. Then, find it on your phone, tap it with your finger or the stylus, and watch it install.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
  3. #503  
    omg, thank you so much Freak4Dell...that did it! I appreciate your help -- now I can go have some fun!
  4. #504  
    Hi there - - a little knew to smartphone arena and blogs. Here's my question:

    I'd like to buy an unlocked treo 800 and use on t-mobile - - would I be able to do that? Would I better off doing so on another carrier?

    And where is the safest, most reliable place to acquire an unlocked treo 800?
  5. #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo800want View Post
    Hi there - - a little knew to smartphone arena and blogs. Here's my question:

    I'd like to buy an unlocked treo 800 and use on t-mobile - - would I be able to do that? Would I better off doing so on another carrier?

    And where is the safest, most reliable place to acquire an unlocked treo 800?
    Not possible... 800ws are CDMA devices and are not compatible with GSM networks such as T-Mobile.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  6. #506  
    Thank you...well, there's always a shot at switching from AT&T to Sprint I suppose. Or waiting for the 850. Or just opting for a 750 or a centro.
  7. #507  
    Does it take Pocket Outlook a second or two longer to launch if it is not already in memory/background for you? For example, if you were to soft reset the device and then launch Pocket Outlook for the first time again, do you get a delay vs. an almost instantaneous launch?
  8. #508  
    It should be that way with almost every application. Obviously, the bigger it is, the longer it takes to load. Since you don't actually close the application when you hit the X, it just has to come up from the background (like restoring the screen from a minimized state on your computer), rather than fully loading everything again.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
  9. #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by vanishersprinteruser View Post
    Does it take Pocket Outlook a second or two longer to launch if it is not already in memory/background for you? For example, if you were to soft reset the device and then launch Pocket Outlook for the first time again, do you get a delay vs. an almost instantaneous launch?
    No delay.
  10. asudevil's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #510  
    what is the best application for the alarm. My treo alarm is inconsistent. I was reading that there are ways to make it louder or a 3rd party application. Thanks!!
  11. #511  
    Quote Originally Posted by asudevil View Post
    what is the best application for the alarm. My treo alarm is inconsistent. I was reading that there are ways to make it louder or a 3rd party application. Thanks!!
    This one works fantastic on my 700wx, and I don't think there should be any problem on the 800w (but I can't be sure). Give it a try if you like.

    There was a small tweak you have to do to get the settings screen to fit on the 700wx screen, if you need/want it, I can post it when I get to my home PC!!
    Attached Files Attached Files



  12. Rogus's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #512  
    I have been unable to find the instructions on how to print using the 800. I can get it to connect to my bluetooth equipped printer, but how do I get it to show up in the Printer tab in the Bluetooth Settings? I assume I have to do that before I can use the printer?

    There's nothing in the manuals, Palm support site, or on the forums that I can find after substantial searching. I'd appreciate it if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.
  13. paz5559's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    #513  
    It was possible to send a contact's information (or my own) via email on the Palm OS, but it appears that all I can do is beam a contact using WM6.1 - is there a way to email my contact information that is not readily apparent? Or is this a feature that is just not offered?
    Visor Deluxe -> Visor Platinum -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w
  14. #514  
    can you explained to me how i can make my Treo work with IS,
    and why the Treo does not support IS when it says it does in the manual. I call sprint and they tell me they do not support IS on this phone. BS



    I really like the phone but i need the internet sharing
  15. #515  
    You have to have the PAM plan from Sprint to do it.

    There's a registry hack on these forums that let you do it without the PAM plan.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
  16. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    #516  
    Quote Originally Posted by agdjdoel View Post
    can you explained to me how i can make my Treo work with IS,
    and why the Treo does not support IS when it says it does in the manual. I call sprint and they tell me they do not support IS on this phone. BS



    I really like the phone but i need the internet sharing
    Look for PDAnet, it's an application that does this for you. Correct everyone?
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  17. #517  
    Why is it when you click on call log or text message it takes you in the middle of the page and not always to the very top, such a huge glitch
  18. Rogus's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    Why is it when you click on call log or text message it takes you in the middle of the page and not always to the very top, such a huge glitch
    I don't think it's a glitch as it appears it's the way the program is designed. When you reenter those programs it takes you back to where you were the last time you used them.
  19. #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    So I am willing to answer any questions you guys have regarding the 800w. I know, it will be here Sunday and/or Monday for some... but I am willing to answer whatever you want.
    Darth Pooh,

    can you explain what i need to do get my Treo 800w to work with the IS, call sprint and they don't support it. BS

    why offer and not support it.
    I am new to this and just need a simple step by step.
    PLEASE
  20. #520  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Look for PDAnet, it's an application that does this for you. Correct everyone?
    Kash76,
    thanks for your response, looking into it.

Posting Permissions