Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Yep, apparently it will fluctuate...I have the same issue and took my battery to Sprint to be tested and it is fine. The service dude said this is normal behavior...
    So it's "normal" for their products to perform poorly. I checked my power status and it sad I was -458 mahr used while I was at 98 percent charged. Not pleased with that.
    you usb is almost certainly 500 mA. Also sounds like you have car charger made for less demanding phones and it is likely also only 500mA.

The handset can draw 400 mA, who knows perhaps more, with speakerphone, sync activities, screen lit, and most of the radios (cdma, evdo, BT, WifI, GPS, Beam) on.

So if you have 1000 ma charging amperage from a wall charger, and are drawing 100 to 450 mA you have 900 to 550 ma available for charge. If you have a 500 mA charger you may have little to nothing in available amperage left to charge the battery.

2) yes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    I have a couple of questions and comments about the battery/charging the device that I haven't seen asked or mentioned elsewhere

1) At work, I plug the USB sync cable into an adaptor that lets me plug into a wall socket. While the 800w beeps, and the battery icon indicates it is charging, the LED never lights up, and the charge is very very slow. As a matter of fact, usually, unless I have the screen off, the battery percentage will go down, although usually only slightly. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this normal? The same thing happens in my car, where I have a similar adaptor for the USB cable that lets me plug it into the cigarette lighter socket.

2) I charge the 800w overnight, with the standard wall charger, but when I get up in the morning, the battery percentage is often not 100%. It may be 97-99%, it may go up to 100%, and then it may go a little. I do have one email account that is set to update everry 4 hours, plus I have Pocket Express auto updating every 4 hours. I don't have Wifi on, and i don't have BT on. Should the battery percentage be fluctuating like that while it is plugged in?

3) As others have noted, once a connection is made to Power Vision, it seems to stay connected, although it does become idle. I have on occasion disconnected it manually, and although I cannot be sure, I do believe leaving it connected, even while idle, uses more battery, and I think this is one of the reasons why the battery percentage does not stay at 100% after charging overnight while still plugged into the wall. Could this be the case?
    In an attempt to stop this loss of charge overnight I decided to turn my "phone" off to where I am disconnected from sprint, end all my tasks, and turn on the key guard. The final result? I woke up with a 94% charge, that is ridiculous.
    Why not just keep it on a charge all night?
    Is there away to turn off the shutter sound when Ur taking a picture ?
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    you're leaving yourself open to speculation flip the ringer switch on the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Is there away to turn off the shutter sound when Ur taking a picture ?
    I'd have sworn there was but I'm not seeing it anywhere...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    You can turn off the shutter with a reg hack. I don't have the link handy, but I installed the reg file a few days ago and it works. Search this forum for "disable shutter".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    you're leaving yourself open to speculation flip the ringer switch on the top.
    lol, No comment... I just hate to hear that sound..
    Last edited by Bigchris; 08/02/2008 at 10:59 PM.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I'd have sworn there was but I'm not seeing it anywhere...
    I've searched every where on the phone and can't find it. I know on the 755 there was.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    You can turn off the shutter with a reg hack. I don't have the link handy, but I installed the reg file a few days ago and it works. Search this forum for "disable shutter".
    Thanks, found it here in case anyone else needs it...

Quote Originally Posted by liamtoh1 View Post
    Disable Shutter Sound
    HKLM\System\Pictures\Camera\OEM\SoundFile
    Under ""String"" it should say \Windows\ShutterSound312.wav
    Simply edit out this line and leave the string empty.
    Exit the registry and do not soft reset for at least a couple of minutes to let the change write to ROM.

Got it from Wiki somewhere on the WWW.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Does anybody know how to access text messages while on the phone?
    It should be as simple as forcing the call window to lose focus (press down on the directional pad) and then clicking or tapping on the text messages plugin on the Today screen. You could also just hit the Windows button during a call, go to programs, then go to your text messaging application.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    does anyone know how to get the voice directions from sprint nav over a bluetooth headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by flynvy5 View Post
    does anyone know how to get the voice directions from sprint nav over a bluetooth headset?
    You would need a headset that supports a2dp. the only mono one that has this profile that I am aware of the the Jabra 8040. I use it and love it. I get telnav over the headset listen to books etc..
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hello all, I am new to this forums and new Treo user. I would like to know how to get to registry from my Treo 800w. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Pagan
    Quote Originally Posted by pagan View Post
    Hello all, I am new to this forums and new Treo user. I would like to know how to get to registry from my Treo 800w. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Pagan
    Welcome to the forum. You might consider the sticky thread. that is the first thread in 800w forum.

However, if you have difficulties finding it, here is a link: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167161
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thanks tahkuct.
    How do I install a program when there is no auto launcher? For example, I downloaded Opera Mini 9.5, and copied the files to my treo, but can't find the "setup" file. The closest I can find is the _setup.xml, but of course clicking that loads the page with all the html.

I'm sure this is really basic. Thanks for any help!

Also, I usually keep the phone charged by my computer, and only just got to test the battery life (or battery death) today - used the phone a bit during a couple of hours while on the road, then showed off the SprintTV to my family, and the battery was dead for the ride home. I know there are tricks to extend the battery life, so I'm off to learn about that...as well as buy a car charger.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    a .cab file is the "setup" file. copy that to the device and run it.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro